The Influence of Environmental Aspects on the Employee

S

samsung

I haven't scrolled right to the bottom of all the posts but just wanted to say 4801, which is often run alongside 14001, covers health of workers particularly so in my local jurisdiction where OH&S laws require it.

But then its interesting that "noise" considered under the worker health requirements on site, should it escape off site, is often referred to as "environmental noise"?

Is that noise escaping off site considered "nuisance" or "health" risk?

Very interesting question ! Let me try to answer it.

Depending on the spread of noise waves & their corresponding effects, the law making agencies have classified Noise as 'Workplace Noise' and 'Environmental Noise' aka 'Noise Pollution' or a state wherein the 'Ambient Noise' (background noise) level increases beyond the permissible limits so as to cause distraction or nuisance with a high potential to adversely affect wildlife, human activity, or to damage the physical environment.

The 'Workplace Noise' is one of the contributors to Noise Pollution or increase in Ambient Noise. Hence, in order to control and prevent the Noise Pollution, it is quite imperative to contain the 'Workplace Noise' levels which is otherwise harmful to the health and safety of the persons persistently exposed to high noise levels and that's the reason it's usually monitored by the H&S law enforcement agencies instead of Environmental regulators whose jurisdiction generally falls beyond the 'workplace' boundaries.

According to Wikipedia
Noise pollution
Noise pollution (or environmental noise in technical venues) is displeasing human or machine created sound that disrupts the environment. The dominant form of noise pollution is from transportation sources, principally motor vehicles. The word "noise" comes from the Latin word nausea meaning "seasickness", or from a derivative (perhaps Latin noxia) of Latin noceō = "I do harm", referring originally to nuisance noise.

Top Bottom