The Need to Update / Revise Work Instructions and Procedures

Randy

Super Moderator
The need to update / revise Work instructions / Procedures

OK boys and girls I'm on the horns of a delima:confused:

Let's surmise (a $2 word here)that we have posted on some small ovens, used to cure circuit boards and the such, emergency work instructions / procedures.

And let's surmise (another 2 bucks here)further, that the personnel who signed these work instructions / procedures no longer work at the establishment.

And we further stipulate (new $2 word) that there have been no changes / revisions required with these work instructions / procedures.

Does anyone see or have an issue with this?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
No problem, as long as they comly with the requirements stated in 4.4.5. There is no requirement to revise the document author when the original author is no longer employed at the company.

A

Al Dyer

Randy,

Not knowing the specific structure of your documentation process I will say this:

Work instructions (level III) do not require a signature on the instruction itself. Only that it be approved and current. There are situations where due to turnover or multiple operators the situation can be covered through a training log.

Any employee operating a new machine should be trained in the work instruction with training records held by HR (or whomever).

This way when an auditor askes someone if they have been trained to perform the operation, the employee can say sure, HR has my training records.

Now if the operator is not following the instruction, Well that's for another thread.:)

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Greetings!

I think as long as the new operators know what they are doing, are doing it as documented, and can find the documents if asked (training and documentation) Sam and Al are probably right on the money.

But, I have a feeling that there is something here that we are not seeing, cuz it looks like a trick question to me.:eek: :biglaugh:

Randy

Super Moderator
Kool:)

What you guys have said is along my line of thinking.

What I have is emergency procedures governing actions to take when the ovens get hot, lose power , or some other thing that would effect the quality of the item being treated but presents no environmental or safety hazard. I'm only worried about the impact of these WI's on the 14K program and not the QMS.

These WI's were initially intended to be a "temp measure" only and as we know the "temp" things have a tendency to become entrenched into our way of business.

E

energy

How u do dat?

Happy Holidays, Jarhead:agree:

How did you make the jump from people no longer there to "Temp" procedures. :bonk: Maybe Steelmaiden was right, there was more to be learned. Like, maybe she's peeked into your "post":biglaugh:

Like "Energy's got a great new bag":vfunny:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Do we need to create a new CER or can we just update the existing CER EU Medical Device Regulations 3
C Do we need to make a new OFI (Opportunity for Improvement) for each document/form we update? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 23
W EU GDPR General Data Protection Regulation - What we need to update for our QMS EU Medical Device Regulations 14
M If I update a DFMEA do I need to submit to my Customer? FMEA and Control Plans 7
B Class IIb Medical Device using Annex II route - Need to Update ISO 13485 Scope? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
M Work instructions inaccurate - Need to update and improve documentation system ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
C Need tips to update resume Career and Occupation Discussions 15
P Company Acquisition - What do we need to update with our registrar? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
S Need Service to update External Documents and Specifications Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
K Need to update our training format to ISO 13485:2003. Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
V Need to update to ISO 9001:2000, current registered to ISO 9002 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 28
N do you need to update PPAP due to a discrepancy APQP and PPAP 1
R The term "Benefit Risk Ratio" in EU MDR, do I need to present benefit risk analysis as a RATIO Risk Management Principles and Generic Guidelines 1
A Brexit When does the UK responsible person need to be in place? UK Medical Device Regulations 10
R Do we need issue ECN (Engineering Change Notice) towards updated Material Specification? Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
N IPC-A-630 - Is this free or do i really need to pay for it? Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
C ISO/ IEC 17021 Resource requirement (need help) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
P Need a programmer for QVI's VMS software for optical inspection machine Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
silentmonkey How to decide what characteristics need to be verified during incoming inspection? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
D Change Approval Requirements - Does every change need formal customer approval? Design and Development of Products and Processes 17
T Do I need a qualified compiler for class B software? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
E 13485:2016, Sections 4.1.6, 7.5.6 and 7.6 - Validation of Software - Need some Advice please ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
C ISO 13485 :2016 - CAPA - Does every CAPA need to be checked by regulations? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
L Proof of Concept Studies - Do we need to comply with SAE reporting? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
gunnyshore Adding a new facility - do I need to submit an amendment to the MDL or MDEL, or both? Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
N FDA UDI - Label vs. Labeling - Does the insert need to include UDI? Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
SocalSurfer AS9100 new certificate, but need QMS software, help Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
A Demonstration of Equivalence - Need for comparing biological characteristics for an SamD EU Medical Device Regulations 1
G Need to change KPI we called NC parts (maximum 3%.) to FTQ (first time quality) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
W Need for current design or process control FMEA and Control Plans 2
L Turkish Requirements - Does the Software need to be translated? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
J Need for a cleanroom in the manufacture of a medical device for a clinical trial EU Medical Device Regulations 4
S Need help with analysing a survey on minitab Using Minitab Software 1
M IATF 16949 8.5.1.3 Verification of job set-ups - Do we need secondary check? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
P Electrosurgical Device User Need: Cord Flexibility -> Requirement Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
P Do I need to get registered or have German entity to sell IVD products in Germany? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
J Documentation structure - Do I need Work Instructions? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 23
G Need resources / tutorials about OPS (Operation) for ISO IT (Information Technology) Service Management 8
D Do non-IATF customers need to be included in audit scope? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 23
M Do you need an Applicable general safety and performance requirements Checklist? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
Y Does Solidworks (2D/3D drafting modules) need validation? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 5
K A proposal for the model Quality Management - I need help for the project ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
B Record Management - Does the QMS need to control templates of records? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 17
Q Need clarification on requirements.... Class i, gmp & 510(k) exempt Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 12
U Do we need clinical trial data for Class IIa medical device under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 7
G Do we need to QA cert? We only plan to supply reagents Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
I MSA requirement for 5 Micrometers + CP changes need customer approval? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
R Evaluating the need for preventive action Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 3
R Probability - Need a help to solve the below question Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
E In need of a new TGA sponsor - Small software company Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4