The number of ISO13485 posts in the Elsmar Cove forums

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Hi all,

Being new to the forum, was going through the different posts and particularly for ISO 13485 and noticed that the number of posts for ISO13485 is very less ? Any particular reason ?

Qualityalways
;)

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Re: Less posts ?

Welcome to the Cove :bigwave:

How about the fact there are fewer medical device companies than general manufacturing companies?:bonk:

We often talk in Quality about "root cause" and "problem solving." One of the things we hope we can help Covers learn is how to apply the precepts of root cause analysis and problem solving to questions which arise anywhere in their lives. There's a hoary old adage "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day; teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime."

Last edited:

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin

Hi Wes,

Your adage is wonderful and very apt for the forum. But lets not restrict only to problems, CAPAs, Investigation etc; lets discuss good points too !!!

Qualityalways
:D

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator

Qualityalways said:
But lets not restrict only to problems, CAPAs, Investigation etc; lets discuss good points too
Oh, but we do! You just registered - why don't you have a look around.

Welcome to the Cove!!:bigwave:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: The number of ISO13485 posts

Welcome! I hope you enjoy the discussions!

Another aspect is that this web site site originally was focused on automotive quality assurance and in fact the domain originally was QS900.com when I started the web site in 1996. Over the years it has expanded to address other standards as more people have found the site and wanted to discuss other business standards.

The Elsmar Cove continues to evolve as a place where people can discuss their specific situations and share.

P

Pataha

Re: The number of ISO13485 posts

When I discovered the Cove, I was looking for the answer of a specific question in relation to Medical Device quality. I do not think I ever did ask or got an answer for that question, but what I did discover was using the search function majority of my questions in relation to 13485 was addressed in one of the other sections of this forum and all I had to do was adapt it to the 13485 or GMP frame work.
That maybe another reason why the posts are low.

Marc

Leader
ISO13485 posts in the Elsmar Cove forums

I looked at the ISO 13458 forum and there are about 21 pages of threads at 20 threads per page so there are about 400 discussion threads specific to ISO 13458. There are probably some other related ISO 13458 related threads in other forums as some get into the Documents forum, the Training forum, etc. because of category assumptions based upon the first post.

The above are the thread numbers, so there are a lot of posts as well.

Here are some views:

Threads With ISO 13485 Aspects in the Thread Title

Threads With ISO 13485 mentioned in a Post in the Listed Thread

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
You're welcome to start any appropriate ISO 13485 topic

Qualityalways said:
Hi Wes,

Your adage is wonderful and very apt for the forum. But lets not restrict only to problems, CAPAs, Investigation etc; lets discuss good points too !!!

Qualityalways
:D
You're welcome to start any appropriate topic you wish.

Marc

Leader
You're welcome to start any appropriate ISO 13485 topic

Al Rosen said:
You're welcome to start any appropriate topic you wish.
Good point, Al! Thanks!

Top Bottom