The on-line re-certification option on ASQ's website

RSEGRIGGY

Involved In Discussions
Does anybody have experience or opinions about using the on-line re-certification option on ASQ's website, versus going through your local section?

Thanks
Rick

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
Hello Rick,

I apologize for the delay in responding.

I have used the online recertification option and was directed to send my materials to my local chapter. After sending everything off, I waited for months and finally received a satisfaction survey from ASQ. In the survey I described what had happened, and explained I was not able to express satisfaction while in my state of limbo. My renewed certificate appeared in a very short time after that.

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Hello Rick,

I apologize for the delay in responding.

I have used the online recertification option and was directed to send my materials to my local chapter. After sending everything off, I waited for months and finally received a satisfaction survey from ASQ. In the survey I described what had happened, and explained I was not able to express satisfaction while in my state of limbo. My renewed certificate appeared in a very short time after that.
Not very customer-friendly. ;)

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
Not very customer-friendly. ;)
It was clumsily done but their recovery was good. I am sure my survey response had someone scrambling through the piles to get my stuff out. Which would mean they really do read their surveys. Or, the timing was exquisite following a very late return of my certificate. Who knows? They did not say, just mailed my package.

RSEGRIGGY

Involved In Discussions
A follow up:
I used the online option. The next day (24.5 hours later) I got an email receipt of my transaction. I checked their online portal and it shows that I have been re-certified for 3 more years. :cool: I have not received anything in the mail yet, but in the documents section of the portal I have a PDF of the re-cert letter and certificate. I did not send anything to the local section.

How long ago did you try the online option? Maybe they really paid attention to your survey and really ramped up their process.

Thanks
Rick

A follow up:
I used the online option. ... I checked their online portal and it shows that I have been re-certified for 3 more years. ... I did not send anything to the local section.
I completed re-certification last month and it was done within the five (5) working days that ASQ promised. Within a short time, new certifications arrived in the mail. It happens. No feedback, buzzers, or whistles. I guess that is fine, but if the review revealed any omissions on my part, I would have no idea.

It seems a waste to print out new copies of the certificates for each cycle. Since the ones received in the past were suitable for framing, I am just going to "file" the new ones. Possibly it would be more "green" to forego re-printing the deliverables unless requested.

Otherwise, I have no real complaints other than the recertification process does not add value to the member unless that value is pursued in the process of recertification by the member submitting the application. It's not about cost. It's about the opportunity for the member to actually learn something and remain current.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Stand Alone ISO Certification or Include New Mfg. Line in Current Registration ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
V Reputable on-line Certification Courses for ISO 14971 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
Casana Rough TS 16949 Implementation & Certification Time-line? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
D Can a Prototype Stage Product Line be included for ISO 9001:2000 Certification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
J TS 16949 Certification Only for Production Line IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
A What does this line from MDCG 2020-3 (MDR art. 120 substantial change) mean to you? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
G Engineering retest in line - Machine stability issues IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
T ISO 13485 8.3 - Non-Conforming Materials - on-line rework or part of process? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
H Line Balancing in Backpack Manufacturing Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
C Contract Review with Multiple Line items ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
J Production Line Test Brasil - High Voltage Dielectric Strenght Test Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
R Revalidation machine line and Stability Studies impact. Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
G Does pitch/increment/resolution of a ruled scale apply to measurement uncertainty as line item? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 10
Q Clean Line Validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
P Line accums as a non-conformance? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
Marc Quiz - Where did the idea of an assembly line come from? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
Edward Reesor Design owner: The line between inventor and manufacturing facility Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
G Uncertainty of staging a short line scale standard on longer measuring machine? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 4
E What is the general time line to prepare for IATF Letter of Conformance? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
M Establishing a FTQ (First Time Quality) process for an engine assembly line Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
P Production Line Pump Cleaning Validation Method Question Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 0
I SMD line PQ Validation 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
pammesue Controlled Setup Sheets for a production line Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
T Production line requirements for IATF 16949 - Need to have dedicated lines? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
K IATF 16949 Line and Dock Auditor Competency Requirements Internal Auditing 4
N Gantt Chart / Time Tracker in Excel - Combining Tasks on the Same Line Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 2
gard2372 Line or Process Stoppage - Andon Authorities and Process Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
M Lean Time Line (History and Theory) Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
M Anyone know of an on-Line Bachelor's degree that work with Quality Career and Occupation Discussions 3
J Medical Device Failure Effects - Where to draw the line? FMEA and Control Plans 8
K 21 CFR Part 11 (and EU) compliant Digital Signatures on a Production Line Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
R IEC 60601-1 4th Edition - Is a "Red-line" version available? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
K Mandatory Electrical Safety Tests - Regular Production Line IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 9
T A question on Calibration on In-line Laser Micrometer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
J Excel spreadsheet to use Basic and Mini MOST for Line Balancing Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
N Dual ISO 9001 (Manufacturing) and ISO 13485 (Design Control) for same product line ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
K TS16949 registration for Kitting and Line Sequencing Service company IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
G Service Parts Assembly Line and Scope of TS16949 Registration IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
U TS16949 Internal Auditor Training - Is On-line training OK? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
D Inquiry about QC Testing (In Line Sampling) Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 13
LRE67 What do you do when your Auditor crosses the line to Consulting? General Auditing Discussions 9
P MSA on an in-line automatic X-ray thickness measuring gage Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
R Are ISO 9001 certificates delivering confidence in line with the expected outcomes? Registrars and Notified Bodies 2
M Wire Harness Line Process and Inspection Criteria Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
M Packaging Material Requirement Calculation Sheet for a Bottle Packaging Line Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
D Hot Line (Safety) Rescue Hook Testing - 29 CFR Part 1910 Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
V Handling decomissioned line/equipment during 1st time product-based inspection US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
B Outsource Production Line need ISO13485 Certificate ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
M Finding the equation of a line created by LOWESS procedure Using Minitab Software 4
Sean Kelley Our Production Line at our Supplier - Who's TS 16949 Cert? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4