SBS - The best value in QMS software

The Passing of Steve Jobs - The World Mourns

BradM

Staff member
Admin
Of all the memorials and tributes, I'm not sure I found one any greater than at the Apple Site:

http://www.apple.com/stevejobs/

I still remember going to the Apple Store with my mom and dad to pick up my Apple IIe. I had no idea really, about what an Apple was or what the value was of them. Little did I know.

Looking back, I am truly in awe of how much that computer could do off of 5 1/2 inch disks and 128K of memory. It helped me get through college, typing all my papers and such, helped keep our basic finances, and played some pretty decent games on them; especially compared to todays technology and machines.

If someone is not aware of the loss that the technology world just suffered, you are encouraged to read about Apple products and the absolute visionary that was at the helm of it all: The Man known as Steve.

R.I.P. my friend. Your body may be gone, but we will never forget you or your contributions.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration with a Mask on...
Staff member
Admin
Steve Jobs - RIP 5 October 2011

As I'm sure everyone in the world knows by now, Steve Jobs died yesterday. I'll leave the obituary to the thousands of sites reporting on it.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
Re: Steve Jobs - RIP 5 October 2011

Though I should have known better to be surprised to hear of his passing yesterday, I still was.

I don't own any Apple equipment and never have, but I got what I'll call a tech twitch ("...must...have...new...gadget...") when my CB auditor for 14001/18001 showed me her iPad. She was already hankering for the iPad2.

Even though I own nothing with the Apple logo on it, my husband ponts out that each of us whose computer has a mouse has been affected by Steve Jobs and his ingenuity.

RIP Steve. A giant among men.

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration with a Mask on...
Staff member
Admin
Re: The Passing of Steve Jobs- The World Mourns

Sorry - I missed your post. I started typing mine and then someone stopped by so I didn't hit the Post button until he left about 20 minutes later. So it goes.

I'm sure Woz will give a statement. Gates has given his condolences already.

A

amanbhai

Steve Jobs died!

Steve jobs died, he was the founder of products are being used by so many of us, trigger the action for new research and further push the technology to the higher level.
how does his death affect our lifes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C What is an Airbus Industrial Process Control Assessment (IPCA) Audit Passing Score General Auditing Discussions 1
Marc The Passing of John Glenn - December 2016 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
C Boeing D6-51991 - Passing a DPD/MBD D6-51991 audit Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
J Passing a variable to the ODBC call in Minitab Using Minitab Software 8
Wes Bucey Passing on slick roads - DON'T! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 6
C Gage R&R not passing for Check Valves Crack Pressure - No Reproducibility Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
C How long does it take to get the ISO 9001 certificate after passing the audit? Registrars and Notified Bodies 21
H Passing the ASQ Certification Tests - One method that works for me Professional Certifications and Degrees 0
hogheavenfarm Test taking time? Passing the ASQ Certification Tests Imported Legacy Blogs 14
Govind Test Run: Improve Your Chances of Passing an ASQ Certification Exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
W What kind of materials should I prepare for passing ISO IEC 60601-1-4 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 6
W Would taking the 14001 Lead Auditor Class & passing, meet the requirements TS16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
R Is passing 'Measurement Audit' a requirement for ISO 17025 Acrreditation? ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
Antonio Vieira Difficulty ?passing? Quality audits - Number of Major / Minor Nonconformances Allowed General Auditing Discussions 12
A Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend - Common Sense Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 7
A CQE exam passing rate - Why is it so low? Professional Certifications and Degrees 22
K Probability of passing bad product - Air decay inspection Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
Q Passing CQA Exam - Passed on first attempt? Second? A Poll General Auditing Discussions 22
Marc Steve Prevette's Statistical Process Control (SPC) "Library" Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
Marc SPC based Dashboards - By Steve Prevette (November 2017) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
Ajit Basrur Congratulations Steve Prevette on getting a Silver Star Covegratulations 11
Ajit Basrur Happy Birthday, howste (Steve) Covegratulations 10
Ajit Basrur Story of Steve Jobs Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
V Steve Jobs solved Innovator's Dilemma World News 8
Steve Prevette Congrats to Steve Prevette - ASQ Fellow - November 2011 Covegratulations 15
Wes Bucey Be a yardstick of quality - Steve Jobs Career and Occupation Discussions 4
Marc Steve Durnin's Infinitely Variable Transmission World News 0
G Steve "Croc Hunter" Irwin dies from Stingray Barb in Heart World News 14
Tim Folkerts Great Article, Steve! "Lead to Succeed" - in Quality Progress The Reading Room 15
Marc Boo! Halloween - Steve Sack's Haunted House Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
Marc Hold on to your Hats... 3/2020 Financial and Jobs Prediction Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
E Employees in Quality Assurance Jobs Career and Occupation Discussions 2
C What's Your Process for handling rush jobs, urgent or priority orders ? Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
0 Quality Jobs, Titles and Job Descriptions Career and Occupation Discussions 13
M Education - Jobs Requiring a College Degree Career and Occupation Discussions 2
Marc 50 Is the New 65: Older Americans Are Getting Booted from Their Jobs Career and Occupation Discussions 30
V Quality/Manufacturing/Six Sigma Jobs - Tri State (NJ,NY,CT) Career and Occupation Discussions 1
S Scheduling Jobs through a fast paced Sheet Metal Job Shop Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
M How to Manage Employees (Operators) - Training for specific Jobs Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
Hershal Metrology Careers - Potential good Paying Jobs in the Science of Measurement Field Career and Occupation Discussions 1
P HR knows I'm looking and that I've been applying for jobs Career and Occupation Discussions 23
M Everything to AS9100 vs. ISO 9001? Commercial Jobs require AS9100 "Extras"? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
H 'You've got to find what you love,' Jobs says Career and Occupation Discussions 2
R CQE and CQA Training Books/Materials and related Quality Jobs Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
B Ideas on how to differentiate jobs (AS9100 jobs vs. "commercial" jobs) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
T Two job offers, one solution - Automotive vs. Defense Manufacturing Jobs Career and Occupation Discussions 9
AnaMariaVR2 Warner Chilcott to axe 500 jobs in Europe by 2012 US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
P How can I find consulting and auditing jobs? Consultants and Consulting 10
L Must Calibration Labs have IEC 17025 before doing Calibration Jobs for Customers ISO 17025 related Discussions 13
Wes Bucey Manpower Survey on Jobs Outlook Career and Occupation Discussions 4