The Role of Managers and Employees deployment of ISO 9001

I

ISO MAN

Dear all,
I am preparing training course of how to deploy ISO 9001 system and I was trying to find out any material proposing the specific roles of the company managers and employees in this project. I understand it has to be in broad lines.

Thanks

:thanx:

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Managers and employees role in deployment

Dear all,
I am preparing training course of how to deploy ISO 9001 system and I was trying to find out any material proposing the specific roles of the company managers and employees in this project. I understand it has to be in broad lines.

Thanks

Very broad indeed. The responsibilities would be specific to the organization. The bottom line is: It is everyone's responsibility.

Define the responsibilities based upon functional processes. This would be my way, in my opinion.

Randy

Super Moderator
Re: Managers and employees role in deployment

Define responsibilities in such a way as they make sense, they can be understood and met, and in the end...any way you want, it's your business and nobody else's as to who does what and what their job titles are when they do it.

al40

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Managers and employees role in deployment of ISO 9001

Dear all,

Thanks

When I implemented ISO into our organization, I had two meetings one was for the executive management explaining their roles & resposibilities in ISO and the second one was for the rest of the company which also included executive management (to show support) that discussed the roles & resposibilities of all employees.

Best of luck on your ISO implementation the Cove is a great resource.

Best regards,
al40

K

Kirsi Nieminen

I few years ago I run an implementation project and I used work groups which were established during the project to produce the handbook and procedures. I had 7 work groups i.e. one for ISO section 5,6 and 8, four for section 7. In the groups were present all functions, from top/middle management to employees which were relevant for that section. My moto was "those who are managers also write how to run the operations"

Before production started, a "contract review" was held for all selected people to give the objectives of the work groups, and discussion on the tasks of each group and agreeing on the schedule. Target was to get everybody the same understanding of the output.

For each work group was first given training 1) general about whole ISO standard and terms 2) detailed about their own section.
The work groups were given 1) information on standard requirement, 2) model manual as an example and 3) our existing manual. Their tasks was to review what is our of doing the standard requirement - are theý existing ones or something new or something that exists but not written in manual.

These work groups then produced a proposal on the handbook which was then reviewed and discussed in extended management review meeting with top management representatives and representatives of the work groups.

Top Bottom