The Tosebo E-Mail Chronicles

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
The following are some e-mails which have passed back and forth. They are not in any particular order, but a few recent ones are first. Some may have 'echoed' an earlier so there is some redundancy. Feel free to post responses to anything here.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Staff member
Admin

I know that either Jon, or his brother, Kim, became a counselor when a vacancy was created when the orginal athletic couselor broke his foot during the first week of camp. Can't remember which year, but think it was 1956.

- Bob
----- Original Message -----
To: Robert Hausser
Sent: Monday, May , 02 12:31 PM
Subject: Re: tosebo

Yeah. I don't remember Jon ever being a cabin counselor, although
I';m not quite so positive about that.

Robert Hausser <[email protected]> wrote:

I won't strongly disagree. I know that Jon Sebaly was once my counselor, but I thought that was in 1956 when I was in Cabins 4 & 6. I know his brother, Kim, was my counselor my last year (1958) in Tent 1. As I recall, the tent counselors were responsible for two adjoining tents, and slept in one of them.

- Bob
Sent: Monday, May , 02 12:13 PM

That, my boy, may have been the summer of 1957. Actually, I think I was a JC or a CIT. Your real counselor, I think, was Jon Sebaly. And remember, there were only four to a tent.

Au Contrare! I have a picture of you, Me, Dick Isom, Terry Larson, and Termite on the stoop of a tent. Maybe you were just "hogging" into the picture, or tracking sand onto the clean floor of our habitat!

- Bob
Sent: Monday, May , 02 12:03 PM

Actually, in 1958 I had little kids in Cabin Two (maybe Three) but I don't think I ever was a counselor in the tents. I was too young.

Larry,

I could not remember your name as I reviewed my photos. I do remember you now (as you were my counselor in Tent 4 in 1958.

My older brother, George Hausser, remembers you well, and your brother(?, Fred. I have a lot of George's collection after a recent visit, that I plan to send to all interested.

This recent correspondence with other "Tosebo-ites" is building quite a group. Let's keep expanding it. We'll appreciate your input.

George has recently called one of his counselor, Tom Crampton, who doesn't appear as interested as all of us are - but we may have caught him off-guard.

George has also been correcting my recollections!!!

You'll find Steve Buckingham at: [email protected]

Much more later -

"Bob "Running Deer" Hausser
To: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, May , 02 11:02 AM
Subject: tosebo

Robert

I' ve been reading your recollections of Camp Tosebo, which don't entirely agree with mine (I was there from 1952-59), but you certainly do seem to recall quite a bit. Do you know how to get in touch with Steve Buckingham by any chance?

LM
Lawrence Meyer
2-244-2661

Marc

Staff member
Admin
To: "Steve Buckingham" [email protected],
"Lawrence Meyer" [email protected]

Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 12:03:48 -0600

Larry,

I could not remember your name as I reviewed my photos. I do remember you now (as you were my counselor in Tent 4 in 1958.

My older brother, George Hausser, remembers you well, and your brother(?, Fred. I have a lot of George's collection after a recent visit, that I plan to send to all interested.

This recent correspondence with other "Tosebo-ites" is building quite a group. Let's keep expanding it. We'll appreciate your input.

George has recently called one of his counselor, Tom Crampton, who doesn't appear as interested as all of us are - but we may have caught him off-guard.

Much more later -

----- Original Message -----20
To: [email protected]20
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 11:02 AM

Robert

I' ve been reading your recollections of Camp Tosebo, which don't entirely agree with mine (I was there from 1952-59), but you certainly do seem to recall quite a bit. Do you know how to get in touch with Steve Buckingham by any chance?

Lawrence Meyer

Marc

Staff member
Admin
To: "Lawrence Meyer" <[email protected]>

Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 12:17:32 -0600

Au Contrare! I have a picture of you, Me, Dick Isom, Terry Larson, and
Termite on the stoop of a tent. Maybe you were just "hogging" into the
picture, or tracking sand onto the clean floor of our habitat!

- Bob
To: Robert Hausser20
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 12:03 PM

Actually, in 1958 I had little kids in Cabin Two (maybe Three) but I don't think I ever was a counselor in the tents. I was too young.20

Robert Hausser <[email protected]> wrote:20

Larry,

Much more later -

To: [email protected]20
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 11:02 AM

Robert

LM

Marc

Staff member
Admin
To: "Lawrence Meyer" [email protected]

Date: Mon, May 02 12:39:37 -0600

I won't strongly disagree. I know that Jon Sebaly was once my counselor, but I thought that was in 1956 when I was in Cabins 4 & 6. I know his brother, Kim, was my counselor my last year (1958) in Tent 1. As I recall, the tent counselors were responsible for two adjoining tents, and slept in one of them.

- Bob
Sent: Monday, May , 02 12:13 PM

That, my boy, may have been the summer of 1957. Actually, I think I was a JC or a CIT. Your real counselor, I think, was Jon Sebaly. And remember, there were only four to a tent.

Robert Hausser [email protected] wrote:

Au Contrare! I have a picture of you, Me, Dick Isom, Terry Larson, and Termite on the stoop of a tent. Maybe you were just "hogging" into the picture, or tracking sand onto the clean floor of our habitat!

- Bob
Sent: Monday, May , 02 12:03 PM

Actually, in 1958 I had little kids in Cabin Two (maybe Three) but I don't think I ever was a counselor in the tents. I was too young.

Robert Hausser [email protected] wrote:

Larry,

Much more later -

To: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, May , 02 11:02 AM

Robert

LM

M

Murdoch Campbell

Cabin 4

Bob, I'm just reading this thread and note you mention living in cabin 4 in 1956 and thought that Kim Seably was your cabin counselor. I don't think so. I too was a cabin 4 resident in 1956--so we must have been mates. Jim Larson and Termite also lived in cabin 4 and I think maybe Robin Kelmenson. Kim was not the counselor--I don't think he even came to Tosebo until 1957.

H

hausser

1956 Cabins

Doc,

My first year was in 1956, and my first half (of 7 weeks) was spent in Cabin #4, and moved to Cabin #6 at mid-summer. I think Jon Sebaly was my counselor that summer, and you're right, Kim started the following year after the athletics counselor broke his foot.

I remember Jon making me return to Cabin 3 late one night to re-make the cots of Steve and Termite after I had "short sheeted" them earlier in the day. I would assume that some of the Cabin 3 campers moved "up" into Cabin 4 after we vacated it.

- Bob

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marc When did you first use what we call E-Mail (aka email) today? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 17
Claes Gefvenberg I got a not so lame phishing mail... Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
Marc London?s abandoned underground ?Mail Rail? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
R LinkedIn Customers Allege Company Hacked E-Mail Addresses After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
Wes Bucey Smile! Your mail is on camera! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
H Follow up mail for the submitted resignation, reminder mail of submitted resignation Career and Occupation Discussions 4
Marc Report: Facebook e-mail switch changed address books After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
Stijloor Importing Address Books (Thunderbird and Outlook Express) into Windows Live Mail After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 3
C Contaminated Sharp Medical Devices received by mail - Biohazard? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
P Rules on E-mail.....Any suggestions? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 34
D Cheats on the mail....beware of them !! Imported Legacy Blogs 2
BradM Getting Yahoo e-mail with no ads After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 18
Marc Is anyone using Gmail (Google Mail) to filter spam? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 21
R New virus alert info - E-mail package - Backdoor.Haxdoor.O After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 6
C Who are these guys? E-mail from ASQ concerning a contested election for President ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 22
A Document validation / authority - E-mail based approval system - Ideally MS Outlook ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
WALLACE Is anybody using Google mail? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 4
Marc 'MyDoom' (Novarg) E-mail Virus - 2004-01-27 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 9
Marc 19 August 2003 - New Microsoft E-Mail Virus - W32/Sobig.F-mm After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 78
E E-mail Abuse Dismissals - Employees fired for e-mail infractions After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 6
Q Records: Electronic E-mail Retention Requirements Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 2
D Over-Worked Instruction - Quality Technician for a direct mail printing company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Marc Happy 30th Birthday to E-Mail! After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 1
A Document Control: Controlling Electronic Email (E-mail) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
Marc A Summary of Internet Smilies and E-Mail Emoticons After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 15
Marc New ISO9000 E-Mail ListServe ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 0