SBS - The best value in QMS software

Thermocouple Drift Determination - Drift test done by NIST

N

neoth

Hi all,

i need to determine thermocouple drift and after finding some research on the web, i come across a Drift test done by NIST.

So my question here is, the result is in uV value, how do i change the uV value into °C?

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jerry Eldred

Forum Moderator
Super Moderator
Re: Thermocouple Drift Determination

Send me a PM tomorrow. I work extensively with thermocouples. It is a fairly detailed answer. I'll give you my email address and we can deal with it that way. I have a pretty hectic schedule, and it is very late and time to go watch third rock from the sun and go to bed.

Basically you have to get the tables, and do some linear interpolation calculations. I have done some experimental work (proprietary - sorry) and have characterized the emf decay on noble metal thermocouples.

Anyway, its bed time.

BradM

Staff member
Admin
Re: Thermocouple Drift Determination

Jerry, you exemplify a servant spirit, with an extremely high level of competence.

Thank you for all you do here at the Cove.:agree1::yes:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Type K Thermocouple drift General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
N Thermocouple Wire Calibration - Hot Junction vs. Cold Junction Temperatures General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
N Calibration Traceability - Fluke 753 dpc with thermocouple Calibrated by Fluke ISO 17025 related Discussions 4
B Changing out Thermocouple - Is new calibration required? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
S Double Thermocouple - Two types, same sheath (AMS2750/Nadcap) Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
N Load Thermocouple requirement for TUS (Temperature Uniformity Survey) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
WEAVER Thermocouple Extension Wire for Temperature Measurement in an Oven General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
N Thermocouple Calibration - Digital Display vs. Converting the Millivolt into ?C General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
N Thermocouple Inhomogeneity - Need to calibrate a roll of 50m thermocouple type K General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
N Digital Temperature Indicator Calibration (Thermocouple) - Using a reference junction General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
M Reference Thermocouple Probe (TRP) Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
S Does anyone know what a paired thermocouple is? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
G Calculate a BMC for Thermocouple and RTD function with a Fluke 5500A Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 4
M Thermocouple/Furnace Gage R&R - I have yet to find a useful method Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
G Thermocouple Meter Calibration - when authorities collide ... General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
V Thermocouple Equipment #'s General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
G Policy For Calibrating Thermocouples and How To Calibrate a Thermocouple General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 36
T OES Global Results Drift Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
V Drift and Variation over Time of an Analytical Balance. Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
P Drift Gauge Design to Check 5.235 +.004/-.000 Diameter Design and Development of Products and Processes 1
N CMM Reference Probe Drift General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
R Machine Stability Question - Machine's measuring performance has tendency to drift Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
K Are Difference-bar & R appropriate for drift check for working standards? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
M ISO 14971 Determination of Competent Persons ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 4
U Does *anyone* know a lab that will test to EN 455-4 Medical Gloves shelf life determination? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
F Plastics cans shelf life determination under static load Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
C ISO/IEC 17021-1 clause 7.1.2 - Determination of competence criteria Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
D Standard guide for shelf life determination of non sterile component with degradation materials Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 1
M EU IVD Risk Determination of sample collection EU Medical Device Regulations 0
cscalise Determination of CPD (Continuing Professional Development) hours for a training course Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
C AS9138 Sample Size Determination AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
T Determination of TENSION SAFETY FACTORS - Table 21 IEC 60601-1 Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
J Interesting Discussion Sample Size Determination for Medical Device Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 19
H Max and Min Load Determination for Steam Sterilization of Liquds EU Medical Device Regulations 1
V When and How to apply the Bayes Success Run approach for Sample Size Determination Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
O Determination of Test Cycles of Dynamic Forces (IEC 60601) IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
R Determination of IP (International Protection Marking) Rating IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
Marc Determination of Sample Sizes when Auditing General Auditing Discussions 13
V Determination of the Optimal Sampling Number Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
J Root Cause Determination Training for Production Managers Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
somashekar Determination of Clean Room Class for Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S Shelf Life Determination - Sterility test (Stasis test) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
G Determination of dental plaque disclosing products Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
A Determination of Production Equivalence for Design Validation 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
kedarg6500 Determination of Metal Grade from known Chemical Composition Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
S Root Cause Determination of Epoxy Encapsulated Electronics Modules Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
P Determination of Subgroup Size for P Charts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
GStough 7.2.1 Determination of req'ts related to the Product...in Contract/Service Industry Service Industry Specific Topics 2
M 8.2.2 Internal Audit - Determination of Effective Implementation IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
N Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) Determination in Industrial Waste Water General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5