Things are Changing

CarolX

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
My fellow Covers,

It is with both great joy :D and great despair :( that I must bid you all farewell.

I am leaving the world of Quality.

A few months ago, I was contemplating moving on to a new company, as I was getting bored. You see, I am one of those types that bores after about 3 years of doing the same thing. Well, I am 3 years into this ISO thing, and 9 years with this employer, and bored to death!!! LOL.

So I came up with 2 choices…find a new company and stay in Quality, or find a new job within my company. Well, that can be a tough one in a small organization, but…..I succeeded and in a couple of weeks I move into Engineering.

On a professional level, I won't have much need for the Cove. But on a personal level…I will miss you all very much. Perhaps I will get in for a visit now and again, but…............need I say more.

I want to thank each and every one of you for your support and dedication. Our field is full of the best of the best!!!! I mean c'mon, we lead by example!!!!

It has been an honor to serve.

Regards,

CarolX

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
C

Craig H.

Carol:

I hope that your new position is full of challenges and happiness. Even in Engineering there are quality issues, so please remember where we are and come in for a visit!!

Craig

May your new position be exciting, and fun!

The bad news is that you are NOT authorized to leave! This place is like the Hotel California...you can check out anytime you wish, but you can never leave. (unless Marc says so)

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Our loss is their Engineering Dept's gain!! I look forward to your occasional visits - and wish you the best in your new position!!

J
HUH??? Say it ain't so!!!

As with the others I wish you the best of luck in your new position.

Please do hang around though.
Your experience and insights are right on. Besides you may be able to bring a new "engineering" angle to some of the dicussions.
We Can all learn from different perspecitives.

:bigwave:

James

No, no, no, no... Whoa....:eek: James said it well. Stay with us Carol, and tell us about your new gig and the quality aspects of it. You know as well as we do that they will be there.

You never truly leave the quality arena, you know.... Anyway: Best of luck. :bigwave: :agree:

/Claes

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
Hehe, you think you can get out that easily, eh? Remember that ISO's about running the business, not just quality. I'm sure we'll still see you around... I hope. :D

M

mshell

Carol,

Best of luck with your new position. Pleaseee continue to visit and offer your expert opinion. Some of us newbies REALLY need the help. :bigwave:

Michelle

CarolX

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Yeah...like Dave said...you can never really leave.

But that is the one thing that has me really excited about this new gig. A chance to educate the people at the front end of the process. And, my replacement is one of my former employees....he left a few years ago because he wanted to move up, and saw that he couldn't as long as I was in this position. So he has been out implementing at another company. I see it as a fresh set of eyes on our system.

The real benefit here....I get to really beat up on those Engineers!!!!!!

Thanks all, I'll be around till the end of the week.

Carol

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Operational planning and product and service provision when things happen so fast ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
K Things to learn during lockdown.... Safety-related books/articles/threads Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
D What are the important things to keep track of in product audit checklist? Software Quality Assurance 3
M Informational Some things the EU MDR 2017/745 does not tell you, but you may need to know to comply with it effectively – Part 1 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU-U.S. COOPERATION Exploring trade opportunities, from medical devices to the Internet of Things Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
Jim Wynne Some things never change Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
E Layouts : Can you "verify" things that are not visible (such as loctite present, internal dimensions) in a layout ? APQP and PPAP 2
R 8.1.3 Management of change - Evidence of HIRA and related things Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 3
Sidney Vianna What do these things have in common? Surge in new ISO Committees & Standards Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 7
Marc Things that will Change or Go Away - 20180916 Forum News and General Information 7
K Dueling Metrology Labs - Two different labs telling you two different things General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
P Specification Subscription Services - Eg: Things like MSDS AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
B Procedures necessary for things such as the floor cleaner or weigh scale ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
Marc DOD, DHS and NASA Are Driving Adoption of Internet of Things Sensors IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 1
Ajit Basrur 10 Things Extraordinary People Say Every Day Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
Sidney Vianna ISO Online Browsing Platform (OBP) - Search Resource for "all things ISO" Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
LRE67 What things do you look for when promoting from within an organization? Career and Occupation Discussions 3
N Change Order Problem - Want to change things "on the fly" ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
somashekar Good things coming back to you ... Imported Legacy Blogs 1
Jim Wynne APQP, or Why Things Always Go Wrong APQP and PPAP 0
G 10 Things You Should Never Say at the Office Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
AnaMariaVR2 How to Make Things Well: Genichi Taguchi, 1924-2012 Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 1
R Outsourcing of a Semi-Finished Product - Which major things to address in the QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Stijloor 101 Things to do in Holland... Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 17
J Are these things really required in a document control procedure? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 17
Ajit Basrur How people in different professions see things differently :) Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
J What things go in Design Control Documentation for a 510k of Class II Medical Device 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
Ajit Basrur How Engineers view things differently :) Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 10
B ISO 9001 Application to my Business for the Production side of things only ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
B 15 Things Worth Remembering Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 1
H Getting Things Started ? QM, Tactics, Strategy, Acceptance vs. Gridlock, Enthusiasm Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
P Magic with Microsoft (things that could not be explained) Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 8
S 97% Predictability in all things? Dr. Deming's statement Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
S Things we learn Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
somashekar Some things just would not change with age - BOROLINE Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 6
Marc 12 Things That Became Obsolete This Decade - 2000 - 2010 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 13
J Tequila: 5 Things You Didn't Know Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 17
Jim Wynne Breaking News: Concentric Circles Threaten Oddly-Shaped Green Things! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
Claes Gefvenberg Weekly picture: The little things... Imported Legacy Blogs 1
Stijloor Fixing things.. Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 7
R They do things a little different on Southwest Airlines! Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 1
D Toronto Trip - Any suggestions from the locals for things to do? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 25
bobdoering You know things are gettting bad: US anti-kidnapping expert kidnapped in Mexico Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
M Starting a quality Department - What are the things I need to initiate it? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
B Tips on Technical Things the Auditors might ask during an Audit General Auditing Discussions 15
K Culture Shock and Things Need to Change - Implementing ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
SteelMaiden Animals that take things Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 16
S Getting the Right Things Done - A useful way to apply Pareto analysis The Reading Room 1
P First ISO13485 accreditation audit: What are things that can go wrong? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
Marc 100 things we didn't know last year Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 6