Third Edition PPAP for Truck OEM

M

ml retcher

The third editon PPAP manual has a specific section for Truck OEM's. This is pages 47-51. I noticed after each clause there is a reference (e.g. see I.2.1). Are these the only clauses from the automotive section that are applicapable to the Truck OEM's?
Also I do not see the statement anymore on "SUPPLIERS MUST NEVER SHIP PRODUCTION QUANTITIES OF THEIR PRODUCTS BEFORE RECEIVING CUSTOMER APPROVAL". Is it gone? ;)

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I don't have a 3rd edition PPAP book. Hopefully one of the others can help you here.

D

Drew H

My understanding is the Truck OEM section lists the truck OEM-specific instructions only, i.e. just the differences or special requirements; all other QS-9000 PPAP requirements apply.

Question: the North American Truck Industry Part Submission Warrant has a box in the Requested Submission Level section. The box has numbers 1 through 19, with number 1 already circled. There is no explanation that I can see as to the purpose of this box. Am I correct in assuming it indicates the current PPAP submission number for that particular part (i.e. first submission, circle number 1; second submission for the same part, perhaps due to a process change, circle number 2; third submission for the same part, perhaps due to an ECO, circle number 3; etc.)? Or is it for something entirely different?

[This message has been edited by Drew H (edited 08 November 2000).]

A

Al Dyer

ML,

They are refering back to the numbered section in the main body of the PPAP manual. For Truck suppliers I have been told by our auditor that they replace the regular "Automotive PPAP" which would make them less constrictive.

ASD...

------------------
Al Dyer
Mngt. Rep.
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Al Dyer (edited 08 November 2000).]

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Question about AIAG PPAP Third Edition APQP and PPAP 2
J Can the Third Edition PPAP forms continue to be used after 6/1/06? APQP and PPAP 7
J AIAG PPAP Third edition changes to Fourth - Ten major changes? APQP and PPAP 10
N PPAP Third Edition Documents - Can we make our own forms or must we buy them? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
D QS9000 third edition - Do APQP, FMEA and PPAP have any significant changes QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 7
J IEC 60601 Third Edition Labeling Requirements - Section 5.2.2.1 (g) IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
S How to calculate Bias - MSA Third Edition book on page 85 to 88 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
A Method S4 Stability Study for Destructive Tests - MSA third Edition page 148 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
D MSA third edition - The formula 1.41*(PV/GRR) ? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
Howard Atkins Errata for the AIAG's MSA Third Edition; 1st and 2nd printings Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
L Third Complete Revised Edition of VDA Volume 2 (1998) VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 7
A FMEA Third Edition - What are the changes from the Second Edition? FMEA and Control Plans 5
M Third Edition of the AIAG's MSA Manual Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
Marc FMEA Third Edition Changes and Powerway FMEA and Control Plans 23
C QS 9000 third edition clause 4.9.g.1 - Seeking an example SOP QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 3
I QS9000 3rd edition - Is there a site where I can view/print the Third edition QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 1
Marc Laboratory Capabality Verification based upon QS-9000 Third Edition QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 13
B Third Edition Upgrade Surveillance QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 3
A Looking for a third party to calibrate our measure equipment - South Carolina General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
F Firmware as SOUP - Sensor with third party produced firmware IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
Marc Medical device vulnerability highlights problem of third-party code in IoT devices Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
R UDI for US - Third Party device Repackager Other US Medical Device Regulations 9
S QUALITY OBJECTIVEs for third party garments factory inspection ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M Looking for third party reviewers for FDA submissions US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
S Regulatory strategy for Third party plugin in a PACS EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Informational US FDA – URGENT/11 Cybersecurity Vulnerabilities in a Widely-Used Third-Party Software Component May Introduce Risks During Use of Certain Medical Dev Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
G Third party auditor mentions no grace period for calibration Calibration Frequency (Interval) 22
M Informational EU – DEKRA Certification GmbH is the third Notified Body designated under the MDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Updated US FDA Resources for Third Party Review Organizations Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Rameshwar25 Min working experience for IATF 16949 third party auditor IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
M Medical Device News FDA - Eliminating Routine FDA news 14-09-18 - Re-Review of Third Party 510(k) Reviews Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
Anerol C Becoming an IATF 16949 Third Party Auditor Career and Occupation Discussions 12
K Tips for dealing with third party auditors General Auditing Discussions 11
M Forced NOT to meet End Customer Expectations - Corrupt Third World Country ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M AS9102 Training - Seeking third party agency that provides online AS9102 training AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
J One third of the total audit days on manufacturing (TS 16949) General Auditing Discussions 2
A Creating a policy to evaluate the Third Party Security IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 4
R (OOT) Measurement Equipment after the calibration at a third Party lab General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
R Medical Device Cyber Security Third Party Review Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
L Medical Device Installation Records from Third Party Installer 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
S Temporary Facility Used For Production - Use of existing Third Party Logos ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
B Third Party Service Provider Risk Rating Spreadsheet Risk Management Principles and Generic Guidelines 1
T Is Testing in a Third Party Facility Subcontracting? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
C Mexico Medical Device Third Party Reviewer Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
Q Third Party Audit Nonconformance for Training effectiveness IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 20
J Eligibility for Third party review US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
Mikishots AS91X0 Third Party Auditor Cycling and Changing Auditors AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
G Academic Study Investigating the Effectiveness of Third Party Audits General Auditing Discussions 2
K Third Party On-Site Servicing - Training Records Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
C Third Party Inspection and Certification Costs for a Project Registrars and Notified Bodies 7