Third Edition Upgrade Surveillance

B

Bryon C Simmons

Just went through Third Edition surveillance. All went well. Had some interpretation issues withthe auditor, but learned a few things today.

Let me know if you would like some details.....I will tell you as much as I can.

Bryon

------------------
Bryon Simmons
ASQ: CQE, CQA; CQMgr

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Would love to hear (read) the 'details'! On with the show! Tell us everything!

B

Bryon C Simmons

Well, here goes nothin......

We were audited to the Third Edition. There was a definite focus on EACH of the new requirements, whether they were process-related or not. We were asked about our methods for each of the "shalls". The auditor spent quitte a bit of time investigating the confidentiality clause in 4.4 I found that to be rather interesting. Also, there semmes to be an increased focus on Continuous Improvement issues; how do you show that stated C.I. goals are being met, and that it is actually Continuous Improvement.

The supplier laboratory requirements (4.10.6) also were a major focus. Make sure your calibration suppliers are A2LA or equiv. This is important. Also, those personnel in-house who are making calibration and testing decisions, be sure to show that they are qualified to make such decisions.

Control your business plan. THis was also a focus.

Final dock audits. This is definitely my favorite. I worte a level 3, and stated that only jobs with problems would be "audited". This was sufficient. Specify the interval of audit, and you should be fine.

More later. I am looking at a T&E egistration audit in a week. That should be fun.

Will keep you "posted"

------------------
Bryon Simmons
ASQ: CQE, CQA; CQMgr

R

Roger Eastin

Was subcontractor development stressed much? They seem to be strengthening their position on this. I notice that AIAG has been making progress on their sub-tier development task force.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J IEC 60601 Third Edition Labeling Requirements - Section 5.2.2.1 (g) IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
S How to calculate Bias - MSA Third Edition book on page 85 to 88 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
E Question about AIAG PPAP Third Edition APQP and PPAP 2
A Method S4 Stability Study for Destructive Tests - MSA third Edition page 148 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
J Can the Third Edition PPAP forms continue to be used after 6/1/06? APQP and PPAP 7
D MSA third edition - The formula 1.41*(PV/GRR) ? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
Howard Atkins Errata for the AIAG's MSA Third Edition; 1st and 2nd printings Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
J AIAG PPAP Third edition changes to Fourth - Ten major changes? APQP and PPAP 10
N PPAP Third Edition Documents - Can we make our own forms or must we buy them? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
L Third Complete Revised Edition of VDA Volume 2 (1998) VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 7
A FMEA Third Edition - What are the changes from the Second Edition? FMEA and Control Plans 5
M Third Edition of the AIAG's MSA Manual Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
Marc FMEA Third Edition Changes and Powerway FMEA and Control Plans 23
C QS 9000 third edition clause 4.9.g.1 - Seeking an example SOP QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 3
I QS9000 3rd edition - Is there a site where I can view/print the Third edition QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 1
M Third Edition PPAP for Truck OEM APQP and PPAP 3
Marc Laboratory Capabality Verification based upon QS-9000 Third Edition QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 13
D QS9000 third edition - Do APQP, FMEA and PPAP have any significant changes QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 7
Marc Medical device vulnerability highlights problem of third-party code in IoT devices Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
R UDI for US - Third Party device Repackager Other US Medical Device Regulations 9
S QUALITY OBJECTIVEs for third party garments factory inspection ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M Looking for third party reviewers for FDA submissions US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
S Regulatory strategy for Third party plugin in a PACS EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Informational US FDA – URGENT/11 Cybersecurity Vulnerabilities in a Widely-Used Third-Party Software Component May Introduce Risks During Use of Certain Medical Dev Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
G Third party auditor mentions no grace period for calibration Calibration Frequency (Interval) 22
M Informational EU – DEKRA Certification GmbH is the third Notified Body designated under the MDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Updated US FDA Resources for Third Party Review Organizations Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Rameshwar25 Min working experience for IATF 16949 third party auditor IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
M Medical Device News FDA - Eliminating Routine FDA news 14-09-18 - Re-Review of Third Party 510(k) Reviews Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
Anerol C Becoming an IATF 16949 Third Party Auditor Career and Occupation Discussions 7
K Tips for dealing with third party auditors General Auditing Discussions 11
M Forced NOT to meet End Customer Expectations - Corrupt Third World Country ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M AS9102 Training - Seeking third party agency that provides online AS9102 training AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
J One third of the total audit days on manufacturing (TS 16949) General Auditing Discussions 2
A Creating a policy to evaluate the Third Party Security IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 4
R (OOT) Measurement Equipment after the calibration at a third Party lab General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
R Medical Device Cyber Security Third Party Review Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
L Medical Device Installation Records from Third Party Installer 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
S Temporary Facility Used For Production - Use of existing Third Party Logos ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
B Third Party Service Provider Risk Rating Spreadsheet Risk Management Principles and Generic Guidelines 1
T Is Testing in a Third Party Facility Subcontracting? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
C Mexico Medical Device Third Party Reviewer Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
Q Third Party Audit Nonconformance for Training effectiveness IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 20
J Eligibility for Third party review US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
Mikishots AS91X0 Third Party Auditor Cycling and Changing Auditors AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 6
G Academic Study Investigating the Effectiveness of Third Party Audits General Auditing Discussions 2
K Third Party On-Site Servicing - Training Records Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
C Third Party Inspection and Certification Costs for a Project Registrars and Notified Bodies 7
S Incidents that occur during a Third Party Supplier Audit - Help for ISO 9001 General Auditing Discussions 23
Q Preventing Audit Finding by your third Party Registar IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5