Thread Gage Training?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Does anyone know if there is any training on measuring thread gages out there?
Are you looking for a course in usage, cleaning, manufacturing, Inspection?

You could start with the handbook - FED-STD-H28 and then go to YOUTUBE.COM and type thread gauges

Hope this will start your journey:cool: .

Calibration Kid

Starting to get Involved
Thank you for the replies.

And yes I have the Pratt & Whitney manual, thanks for the link. I need in depth training. I have been doing this for a while now and have surpassed everything I can find online or youtube. I guess I looking for training that almost falls under engineering? I need to know that stuff and how to measure.

I will definitely check out the FED-STD-H28, thank you for the suggestion

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Thread Plug Gage Pitch GO Diameter out of spec AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 8
S Unique ID Required for Thread Gage Replacements? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M Thread Gage Longevity Question General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
N Formula that will calculate the NoGo Major Diameter of an M20 x 1.5 6H Thread gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
K Qualifications I need to adhere to for Thread Gage Calibration Calibration Frequency (Interval) 1
T Inspecting Full Thread Depth with a Plug Gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
J Acme Thread Gage Tool Wear Measurement General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
M Thread Gage Calibration - Who to use General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
M Thread Gage Tolerances ?Who?s The Authority?? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
S Thread Timing - Ring Gage Frustration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
K Gage R&R - Is there a Crosstab method of X&R Analysis - Thread to delete Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
M Thread Plug Gage - Calibration Frequency ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
C Adjustable Thread Ring Gage Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
P Use of ANSI Standard for Metric Thread Plug Gage? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
B Hard Gage Rentals - Thread Gages or Thread Rings General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
M .125-40 UNC-2B Thread requiring Inspection to Thread Gage "Method A" Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
L UN Class 5 Tolerances - Thread Setting Plug Gage 7/8-9 UNC 5 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 23
R 3 Wire Thread Measuring System - Gage Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
C Functional Gages give different results - Thread Plug Gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 14
E Go/No Go tap gage vs. Go/No Go thread gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
P What does NO GO mean on a thread gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 23
S Calibrating a 1/8-27 NPT thread gage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
M Constant for thread gage calibration with the three wire system General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
T Johnson Thread View System - Measures many characteristics on a thread plug gage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
Q Tolerance Set Plugs to Calibrate Thread Ring Gage - Question General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
J Thread Gage Calibration: In-House or Outsourced? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
Q 'GO' & 'NO GO' Thread Plug Gage Standard Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 17
U Calibration House - Where I can get a PG 13.5 Gut thread ring gage calibrated? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
A Internal Thread Inspection reference - Actual data vs. Thread Gage Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
T Thread Gage Calibration / Verification Instruction needed General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 21
J Thread Wire Chart to use when Calibrating a particular size Thread Gage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 16
S Why Does a Thread Plug No Go Gage Mean Fail? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 9
T TS 16949 - AIAG's MSA Manual - Thread Inspection Gage - Attribute Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
M Thread Gage Calibration Software to look up requireds/specs for thread gages Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 48
DuncanGibbons Additive Manufacturing Processes Thread Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
C Aluminum galling on thread plug gauge Manufacturing and Related Processes 10
ScottK Measuring thread flank angle on a screw Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
G Oversized Threads - What sized stab pin would be best to quickly check for oversized thread holes General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
H Thread Plug Gauge Tolerances General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
A Cost effective thread gaging with ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
APHX02 Thread Roll Process Verification w/in AS9100 (i.e. BSP-F-69/AS8879) Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
C Thread Tolerance - Can I use a 3A Ring on a part that the drawing calls out for a 2A? Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
M Error trying to Start a New Thread Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 2
M NPT thread gauging and the "rapping" process Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
Marc Basic - How to Start a New Discussion Thread Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
S What the difference is between Stub Acme & Acme thread? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 1
Marc Printable Discussion Thread View Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 0
S Thread Ring Gauge verification General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
O Thread Diameter as a Datum Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
O ISO 9001:2015 Transition Internal Audit completion thread ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16