SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Tibetan Caterpillar Fungus - Costlier than Gold

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
So, how many do you buy a week?
Is it for your own consumption?
Do you eat it raw or cook it - maybe just rub it on the afflicted body part?
Does it work for baldness?
No wonder the weather is screwed up - fewer moths and butterflies!
(Chaos Theory discusses the idea that the flapping of a butterfly's wing can cascade with effects into hurricanes and even climate change!)

So, I guess folks who actually shell out money for these deceased larvae saw these poor Tibetan folks consuming these things and thought, "Wow! That person looks really old! If I eat these, too, I'll live forever!"

[too many viewings of "Lost Horizon" AKA "Lost Horizon of Shangri-La"?]

Problem is - you don't live forever - it just seems like it when you are eating fungus laden larvae carcasses!;)

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
:D My partner will have a whole new appreciation for my fascination with fungi
When I was a boy (WWII and just after], many folks in the Chicago area made regular forays to the forest preserves surrounding the city to hunt mushrooms to eke out diets limited by wartime rationing. Most were very secretive about WHERE they got their mushrooms. Some ethnic factions called the mushrooms "hoby" and they continue the hunt to this day, eating most,but selling the excess to eager restaurant owners. I've seen T-shirts and bumper stickers proclaiming "Hoby Hunter - don't follow!" [it is not a misspelling of "hobby!"]

So - is it fair to say the slogan for a hoby hunter should be: "There is a fungus among us!";)

I realize a small segment of the population seeks out special mushrooms with psychedelic properties Does that include you? .

smryan

Perspective.
... I've seen T-shirts and bumper stickers proclaiming "Hoby Hunter - don't follow!" [it is not a misspelling of "hobby!"]

So - is it fair to say the slogan for a hoby hunter should be: "There is a fungus among us!";)

I realize a small segment of the population seeks out special mushrooms with psychedelic properties Does that include you? .
While I might be curious what a trip like that could feel like I am way to skittish about mind-altering substances... kinda like my brain "as is". And -alas - my dear partner is WAY too paranoid about me accidentally grabbing a poisonous one to let me actually consume any. My "gathering" is limited to artsy photographs when we're hiking. My greatest temptation for sneaking some home was the bright orange (and yummy sounding) Chicken Mushroom.:cool:

Top Bottom