SBS - The best value in QMS software

Time frame for validity of ISO 9001:2000 Certifications

• Thread starter David J Quality
  • Start date
D

David J Quality

I know that there has been a release of ISO 9001:2008 and I am wondering how that impacts my current suppliers. I have a supplier that is certified to ISO 9001:2000 and their certification says it is valid until 7/28/2011. Can I assume that is true and that they will certify to the latest standard when their current cert lapses?

Thanks,
David

:thanx:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: Time frame for ISO 9001:2000

I know that there has been a release of ISO 9001:2008 and I am wondering how that impacts my current suppliers. I have a supplier that is certified to ISO 9001:2000 and their certification says it is valid until 7/28/2011. Can I assume that is true and that they will certify to the latest standard when their current cert lapses?

Thanks,
David

I wouldn't worry that much, since the changes were only clarifications. I think the actual date is 18-24 months after release, I believe.

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin

Thanks,
David

From this page on the ISO website:

Accredited certification to the ISO 9001:2008 shall not be granted until the publication of ISO 9001:2008 as an International Standard.

Certification of conformity to ISO 9001:2008 and/or national equivalents shall only be issued after official publication of ISO 9001:2008 (which should take place before the end of 2008) and after a routine surveillance or recertification audit against ISO 9001:2008.

Validity of certifications to ISO 9001:2000

One year after publication of ISO 9001:2008 all accredited certifications issued (new certifications or recertifications) shall be to ISO 9001:2008.
Twenty four months after publication by ISO of ISO 9001:2008, any existing certification issued to ISO 9001:2000 shall not be valid.

Big Jim

Super Moderator

A shorter answer would be that ISO 9001:2000 goes away 24 months after ISO 9001:2008 was published. That was 11/15/08. So ISO 9001:2000 will not be recognized after 11/15/10.

If things go as intended, they will be given a chance to transition long before then during a normal surveillance audit.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Direct to customer export of medical device (class I: prescription lenses + frame) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
B ISO 9001 Implementation Time Frame ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
CycleMike GD&T - Hole pattern - Print (attached) has a single Datum Reference Frame Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
L Pest Control Log Retention Time Frame ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
H Enclosed vs. Open-Frame Power Supplies - Overdoing it? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
M Kinds of plastic for molded parts in a main frame as structure Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
V Dimension marked with "frame" on 2D drawing Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
R IMDS time frame submission for a very old product APQP and PPAP 1
M 4 Datums Referenced in a Print (Drawing) Feature Control Frame Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
A EC Certification Process and Time Frame for Own Brand Labeling Medical Devices EU Medical Device Regulations 4
J Time frame for Management Review before ISO 14001 precertifcation audit ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 3
A Does my Product (Active Machine Support Frame) require CE Marking CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
optomist1 Feature Control Frame is applied to the end of a Cylinder - Datum Dilemma Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
Howard Atkins Is there a time frame for CBs to submit the TS 16949 Audit Report? Registrars and Notified Bodies 2
optomist1 Digging Datums - Feature control frame (FCF) applied to a pipe I.D. Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
K Corrective Action cannot be completed within the agreed time frame Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
optomist1 Multiple Single Segment Feature Control Frame Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
J IAQG Resolution #67 - Extension of time frame for upgrade to ISO 9001:2008 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
B NDT (Dye Penetrant Test) Requirement for Frame 5 Fuel Nozzle AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
J Certification Body - Time Frame to Reject an Appeal Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
J Time Frame for Responding to a Major Nonconformance - Registrar Audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Manix Feature Control Frame - Interpretation - Two Tolerances? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
M GD&T Q&A session - Interpreting FCF (Feature Control Frame) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 43
M AS9100 Getting Started - What time frame /cost / major obstacles can we expect AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
T Obtaining Documents from the FDA in Frame of FOIA US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 10
C Audit Programs for large corporations - Time frame for auditing 150 sites General Auditing Discussions 4
J When should we use SPC? Manufacturing Frame and Pressed Part Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
G Clarification on Position with Bonus Tolerance - Feature Control Frame Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
R Seeking ISO 17025 tools to help keep my employees in the mind frame of ISO 17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
L Number of days to respond to corrective action - Standard response time frame? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 10
B Additional Calibration needed for C-Frame Rockwell Hardness Tester? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
J GD&T - True Position - "Boundary" under the feature control frame General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
D What is a reasonable time frame for a system to be 'mature enough' to audit? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 11
lanley liao The validity of API Spec Q1 certificate Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
J Validity / outcomes measure for custom made medical device ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
F ISO 17025:2017 Clause 7.7 Ensuring the validity of results - Threshold ISO 17025 related Discussions 9
M Informational EU – Application of transitional provisions concerning validity of certificates issued in accordance to Directives 90/385/EEC and 93/42/EEC Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
D MDD Certification Validity after May 2020 EU Medical Device Regulations 12
E ISO 13485 7.6 Control of monitoring and measuring equipment - Assess the Validity ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
J ISO 17025 - Please share a sample procedure for monitoring the validity of results ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
T CE Certification Strategy - Expanding the validity of certificate EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M CE mark validity after Brexit, 29th March '19 EU Medical Device Regulations 6
U ISO 17025:2017 Clause 7.7 Ensuring the Validity of Calibration Results ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
M Is there an Industry Norm for Expiry of Sterilisation Validity? EU Medical Device Regulations 6
somashekar About NB suspension and CE certificate validity EU Medical Device Regulations 12
J EU CE Mark Validity in Non EU countries - Brazil. Taiwan, China, Japan, Mexico EU Medical Device Regulations 1
alonFAI ISO 9001 Quality Manual Validity Period ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
K Validity of Using NCR's to evaluate Performance Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
G Validity for Thailand Medical Device License and can change Distributor thereafter? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
M Validity of Calibration outside the Calibration Range General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7