Timing allowed by IATF to close a Remote Site Minor Nonconformance

Hi, Can anyone find for me documented information related to the timing allowed by IATF to close a remote site minor nc? I am being told that the RSL nc issued has to be assigned to the plant it supports and that the plant's last audit day starts the clock for the RSL. I cannot find anything solid on the IATF definition of a 'site'. I found a statement on a Bing search that said in the Auto industry the site is the location that provides product to the customer e.g the mfg site.

If this is in fact true, then what if a RSL has their audit before the mfg site and has a nc? Will that clock begin from the last day of the site audit? No. What if the RSL is audited much later where the timing of the site audit has nearly passed? Can the Mfg site audit be fully closed while a RSL nc remains open?

Complicated, I know. I am confused too. Thanks in advance

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Hi, Can anyone find for me documented information related to the timing allowed by IATF to close a remote site minor nc? I am being told that the RSL nc issued has to be assigned to the plant it supports and that the plant's last audit day starts the clock for the RSL.
What is "RSL"? How many certificates are involved here? You were being told by whom?

AMIT BALLAL

Trusted Information Resource
Hi, Can anyone find for me documented information related to the timing allowed by IATF to close a remote site minor nc? I am being told that the RSL nc issued has to be assigned to the plant it supports and that the plant's last audit day starts the clock for the RSL. I cannot find anything solid on the IATF definition of a 'site'. I found a statement on a Bing search that said in the Auto industry the site is the location that provides product to the customer e.g the mfg site.

If this is in fact true, then what if a RSL has their audit before the mfg site and has a nc? Will that clock begin from the last day of the site audit? No. What if the RSL is audited much later where the timing of the site audit has nearly passed? Can the Mfg site audit be fully closed while a RSL nc remains open?

Complicated, I know. I am confused too. Thanks in advance
Your certification body / the lead auditor would be able to answer your question better since we don't know the background of your organisation, whether RSL was already shown/ was found during audit at site, etc.. It is CB's job to guide you in such cases.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Timing of 510k submission Other US Medical Device Regulations 9
M Timing to certify new plant to IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
N Timing for Closing High FMEA RPN Items FMEA and Control Plans 4
E Ford Phased PPAP and T2 timing APQP and PPAP 1
M TS16949 and Timing to Retrain on Documents IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
G APQP Timing Plan Template attached APQP and PPAP 3
S Thread Timing - Ring Gage Frustration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
J Timing of an Internal Audit Schedule ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
QMMike Tracking of PPAP Timing and Sample Deliveries APQP and PPAP 1
M APQP Timing Plan Details and APQP Package Contents (e.g.: floor plan) - Batch Mfg. APQP and PPAP 5
C 510(k) Timing from Submittal to FDA Approval 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 11
P Timing Plan (XLS) content recommendations wanted Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
R Process Flow Chart Step - Timing between Process Steps Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 3
P Timing on 510(k) filing - New medical device 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
M 8D timing questions and Interim Action Response Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
S Can anyone provide APQP Timing Plan including Phase 5.0 APQP and PPAP 3
K Running Change Drawing Control - Timing aspect of the release of these documents Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
U APQP Timing Plan and Status Reporting APQP and PPAP 2
M External Consultants Fees/Timing - 9K:2K Transition ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
Marc PC to Car - Change Timing and Heat Seats Customer and Company Specific Requirements 0
L IEC60601-1-11 Home Healthcare + IEC60601-1-2 EMC (Functional Earth allowed?) IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 7
S In BAC5300 we have machining mismatch allowed is 3tau, what is the value of tau? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
R ASQ reference material clarification - Spiral bound materials allowed in ASQ Exam? Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
V Nature of references allowed to be cited in the SOP US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
Sidney Vianna ISO 17021-1 Management of impartiality - Why is this collusion allowed? Registrars and Notified Bodies 0
C Medical device manufacturing (class 2 ISO 13485:2016) - Is a Deviation allowed? Other Medical Device Related Standards 5
P ISO 7 Clean rooms - Are sinks, faucets, floor drains etc. allowed? Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
N Is ISO14001 consultant allowed to attend ISO14001 audit? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 17
supadrai Just found out the hard way that only one registration per manufacturer is allowed in Yemen, regardless of OEM or private label arrangement. Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
V Receiving Inspection AQL - Am I allowed to just pick a AQL? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 10
T ISO 13485: 2016 Internal Audit - Is sampling on projects allowed? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
Crusader Certificate of calibration from Manufacturer allowed? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 14
R AS9102 - Are FAIs against a Customer Red-Lined Drawings Allowed? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
R Material allowed in the ASQ CQPA (Certified Quality Process Analyst) Exam ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
J CQE References allowed in the Exam Room Professional Certifications and Degrees 18
Crusader Internal Audit not allowed... Internal Auditing 29
R Is pre-conditioning supplier component before incoming inspection tests allowed? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 16
W Am I allowed to ship parts without FAI approval from the customer? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 6
Q Allowed no manuals, technical instructions traceability in products ISO 9001? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
I FDA Marketing Claims - What is and isn't allowed Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
I AS9100 - What QMS Exclusions are allowed? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 8
L How many ISO Standards are there and time allowed for Closing NCs? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
S What Reference Material is allowed in the ASQ CQA Exam ? Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
M FDA Submission Printing Format - Is double sided printing allowed? Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
A Is taking Photos by the Auditor during FDA Inspections allowed? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 10
S Allowed Faults (Defects) on Plastic Parts Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
O Should Staff be allowed to see Management Review Meeting Minutes? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
K Rights of Auditors - Are they allowed to copy and take our documents? General Auditing Discussions 5
G MDLA - Extensions allowed for 60 day Request for Additional Information? Canada Medical Device Regulations 4
R Maximum allowed eccentricity for any shaft or hole diameter Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7