Can YOU help? --> Unanswered questions <-- (Other than Marcelo's Informational posts)

Timing allowed by IATF to close a Remote Site Minor Nonconformance

Hi, Can anyone find for me documented information related to the timing allowed by IATF to close a remote site minor nc? I am being told that the RSL nc issued has to be assigned to the plant it supports and that the plant's last audit day starts the clock for the RSL. I cannot find anything solid on the IATF definition of a 'site'. I found a statement on a Bing search that said in the Auto industry the site is the location that provides product to the customer e.g the mfg site.

If this is in fact true, then what if a RSL has their audit before the mfg site and has a nc? Will that clock begin from the last day of the site audit? No. What if the RSL is audited much later where the timing of the site audit has nearly passed? Can the Mfg site audit be fully closed while a RSL nc remains open?

Complicated, I know. I am confused too. Thanks in advance

Jim Wynne

Super Moderator
Hi, Can anyone find for me documented information related to the timing allowed by IATF to close a remote site minor nc? I am being told that the RSL nc issued has to be assigned to the plant it supports and that the plant's last audit day starts the clock for the RSL.
What is "RSL"? How many certificates are involved here? You were being told by whom?

Hi, Can anyone find for me documented information related to the timing allowed by IATF to close a remote site minor nc? I am being told that the RSL nc issued has to be assigned to the plant it supports and that the plant's last audit day starts the clock for the RSL. I cannot find anything solid on the IATF definition of a 'site'. I found a statement on a Bing search that said in the Auto industry the site is the location that provides product to the customer e.g the mfg site.

If this is in fact true, then what if a RSL has their audit before the mfg site and has a nc? Will that clock begin from the last day of the site audit? No. What if the RSL is audited much later where the timing of the site audit has nearly passed? Can the Mfg site audit be fully closed while a RSL nc remains open?

Complicated, I know. I am confused too. Thanks in advance
Your certification body / the lead auditor would be able to answer your question better since we don't know the background of your organisation, whether RSL was already shown/ was found during audit at site, etc.. It is CB's job to guide you in such cases.