Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory

Tips on how to notify customers (and potential ones) of ISO Certification

• Thread starter earthboundmisfit82
  • Start date
E

earthboundmisfit82

Hello everyone,
We just rec'd our ISO 9001:2008 certification! Our registrar is Quality Systems Registrars. I need some tips for how to go about notifying customers (and potential ones) of our recent registration. Does anyone have a sample letter I could use? Would it be tacky to put an ad in several local newspapers? Now that our QMS has been implemented, what's the next step?
Thanks in advance for the help!

T

tomvehoski

Re: Notifying Customer's of ISO Certification

First, congratulations! Second, I hate to burst your bubble, but I don't think all that many customers are going to care. ISO 9001 is pretty common these days. You are able to put it on your letterhead, documents, website, vehicles, etc. Your registrar should give you guidance on what is and is not acceptable.

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Re: Notifying Customer's of ISO Certification

When I was involved with my first ISO certification a million years ago, the registrar provided a template for a press release. Do they still do that? Being that it was so early in the process, and an uncommon thing, we had a big open house with newspaper coverage, gifts for all the employees, cake and punch and the whole nine yards. (we didn't have a local TV station or we probably would have invited them too). The last time around (another new division) we did nada, other than the general manager bought the other managers and myself a chocolate chip cookie sundae from the cafeteria. So, I think you can pretty much do whatever you'd like. A press release to trade journals, newspapers, customers would be acceptable if you'd like.

D

Duke Okes

Whether or not I would notify them might depend on the industry and whether ISO is new to the industry or old hat. Also might depend on history of quality problems and whether customers might perceive that these will be reduced (of course if so the reduction better occur!)

Hello everyone,
We just rec'd our ISO 9001:2008 certification! Our registrar is Quality Systems Registrars. I need some tips for how to go about notifying customers (and potential ones) of our recent registration. Does anyone have a sample letter I could use? Would it be tacky to put an ad in several local newspapers? Now that our QMS has been implemented, what's the next step?
I'm often amazed that companies don't make more of their certification - go to websites and you rarely find any mention of a certificate, for example. One challenge you will have is the 'reach' that your CB has. Some CBs are world renowned and your certification can reach that far, as a result, through their publishing your name on their 'new certs' list on a website etc.

Hello everyone,
You shall contact your Registrar to undestand how you can usage ISO 9001 certification logo in letter and company documentation.
Pls, check with them to have the guideline.
You can have advertisement on you web site, notifying also customers with letters or via email or duiring some scheduled meeting.
I also suggest to have some articles written on newpaper: it is a sort of marketing communication. For example, the journalist of local newpaper can interview your managers ( CEo or QUality and so on) to celebrate the achievement or involve techs and operators. they are proud of the success. I tell this because I am also a juornalist and I have written many pieces on ISO ceritication !!!:bigwave:

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I'm often amazed that companies don't make more of their certification - go to websites and you rarely find any mention of a certificate, for example.
one of my pet peeves, I've asked over and over to have our cert available on-line for our customers. Management has OK'd it, but it never makes it to the top of the priority list to be done (priority list is approved by management) sheesh, how long can it take? If they would give me access to modify the website, I could do it in less than 5 minutes. But, I guess I cannot be trusted to modify our website, I'm just the webmaster for our intranet.:nope::rolleyes:

Randy

Super Moderator
I've asked over and over to have our cert available on-line for our customers. Management has OK'd it, but it never makes it to the top of the priority list to be done (priority list is approved by management) sheesh, how long can it take? If they would give me access to modify the website, I could do it in less than 5 minutes. But, I guess I cannot be trusted to modify our website, I'm just the webmaster for our intranet
You're right, what's the big deal and the hang-up? Any 6 year old kid could do a pdf and place it on the web...Do you have any PHD's or Rocket Scientists in charge because that could explain it?:lol:

Top Bottom