TL9000 (Telecommunications) - Availability of the Standard

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
TL 9000 (Telecommunications) - Availability of the Standard

Subject: RE: Q: Availability of the TL 9000 (TL9000) Standard

I received this update on the TL9000 standard availability from Janet Jacobsen of the RAB. She asked me to pass along this information:

-----------------

Over the last few days I've been receiving a number of e-mails requesting copies of the TL 9000 documents.

Unfortunately, RAB no longer has the most current TL 9000 documents. The QuEST Forum has requested the ANSI-RAB National Accreditation Program to establish a process for the accreditation of its registrars to offer registration to the TL 9000 requirements. To aid in the evaluation of QuEST's request, ANSI and RAB sought public comment until Dec. 7, 1998, on the TL 9000 requirements.

Two things have since happened: the comment period has ended and the QuEST Forum has revised the documents, so RAB no longer has the most current information.

I spoke yesterday with one of the QuEST leaders and he tells me that a new draft edition will be available shortly (probably for purchase). Once I get that information I will respond to the e-mails that I've received.

In the mean time, you would be doing me a great favor if you could post a new message to the discussion group to relay this information. I will also let you know what my QuEST contact tells me regarding the new order information.

Janet Jacobsen
RAB Communications Manager

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Subject: Re: Q: Availability of the TL 9000 Standard? /Paris/Lambert/Stein

>Subject: RE: Q: Availability of the TL 9000 Standard? /Smith/Lambert
>
>I visited the site and it's not at all clear how you make a request for a
>copy of TL9000. Could you be more specific regarding the method of submitting
>a request to RAB ?
>
>Ron Lambert
>Internal audit manager

1) RAB is not responsible for TL 9000. They do not maintain ANY standards themselves. TL 9000 is the responsibility of Questforum, whose site you were referred to.

2) The TL 9000 document is not yet available to the user public. It is still in draft form

3) Most 9000 series standards are copyright by their respective secretariats and are not available on the web or in machine form. They charge lots of money for them, and that's how they support the standards-writing process. I don't know what will happen in that regard with TL.

4) The website you visited is all there is at the moment unless you contact a committee member - and I don't know whether they could get you a copy of the draft or not.

Philip Stein
http://www.measurement.com

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
One of the registrars I work with is holding TL-9000 training for its auditors, I have a copy coming....so does that mean it is official now? I am waiting anxiously to see the implications as I have several TL type companies that will no doubt want to comply, if not be registered to it. I have not seen a draft, what am I in for?

barb butrym

its the telecommunication industry take on ISO 9000....they are adding their own as did the QS and AS and SD people.....Apparently Europe is into it pretty heavy

barb butrym

Been on the road......no, haven't got it. just did the 3rd ISo registration this year for some clients ...one more the week of April 1 and I can stop and breathe....talk about poor planning !!! then I can catch up.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marc What are TL9000 and QuEST (Quality Excellence for Suppliers of Telecommunications)? TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 0
Q TL9000 - 9.1.3.C.3 - Sustainability Assessment TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 0
W TL9000 transition from 5.5 to 6.0 - help needed TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 1
Q Gap assessment on TL9000 with respect to ISO TS 16949 TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 3
S TL9000 - requirements 5.5 released - TL alert - July 2013 TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 1
P Outsourced Manufacturing - Making Subcontractors comply with TL9000 TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 2
J TL9000 Common Measurements - Design and Development for Telecommunication Products TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 5
J Telecommunication Products - TL9000 Product Category TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 3
R Audit Checklist for Telco Start Up Business - TL9000 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Q ISO 9001 vs. TL9000 - Which standard is more applicable? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
B Development of the TL9000 and the QuEST-Forum in the last 8 years TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 6
F TL9000 and AS9100 for the different business we're going after - TL 9000? Anyone? TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 1
R TL9000, 7.3.1.C.1 Project Plan TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 4
H Is it possible to establish a new subforum for TL9000? TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 7
R TL9000 Implementation - Has anyone out there been through TL9000 Implementation? TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 6
J Drop TL9000 cert but maintain standards TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 7
D TL9000 Measurements for PC (product category) 5.3 TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 3
J TL9000 Release 2.5 and 3.0 - Mapping matrix showing the difference TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 4
X TL9000 Clause 7.1.C.3 - Interpreting the Disaster Recovery clause TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 2
Jerry Eldred The basics of TL9000 - Where Can I get some info? TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 9
Casana QS9000 vs. TL9000 - What are the differences? TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 4
Marc The usefullness of TL 9000 - The key to TL9000 is metrics TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 0
T TL9000 Release - 22 March 1999 TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 1
Sidney Vianna Informational TIA (Telecommunications Industry Association) and QuEST Forum Announce Merger TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 0
M Serial Numbers for Product - Common sense? Optical Components for Telecommunications Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
A Business Processes and QMS for Telecommunications Consulting Company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
A Radio & Telecommunications Terminal Equipment Directive 1999/5/EC CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
M Software Validation Processes - Telecommunications software Software Quality Assurance 10
J TL 9000 Registration Audit - Notes from the Field - Telecommunications TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 58
N What Is Telecommunications TL 9000? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
M Telecommunications Standard TL 9000 - Willing to Help Others TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 44
M ISO certified Mobile Telecommunications Operators ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
W ISO 9002 in small business that provides telecommunications service Service Industry Specific Topics 8
W Becoming ISO 9001 certified - Telecommunications and network services for military ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
T Price of Nonconformance (PoNC) - Telecommunications Service Industry Service Industry Specific Topics 4
A TL 9000 if you want to get into the TELECOMMUNICATIONS Manufacturing? TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 4
Watchcat Impact of MDR on Availability of Medical Devices in EU EU Medical Device Regulations 5
M FDA News USFDA draft guidance – Principles of Premarket Pathways for Combination Products; Draft Guidance for Industry; Availability Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D AEA (Aerospace Experience Auditor) Challenges - Finding availability of AEA for witness AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
B TS 16949 Auditor Availability and Registrar Scheduling Delays Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
kedarg6500 Availability of 5/8" 17.75 TPI Thread Ring Gauge & Die Nut Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
T Would my AS 9110 certificate lapse due to non availability of auditors ? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
C Availability of Lean Manufacturing Training The Woodlands TX Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
M Voluntary Action by Human Operator Influences Availability? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
Q Availability Calculation for monitoring Overall Equipment Efficiency Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
M ERTMS/ETCS RAM (Reliability, Availability & Maintainability) Requirements Specs. Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
S Clarification on TS 16949 Clause 8.2.3.1 - "... availability..." IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
B Problem with Reliability and Availability Formula Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 8
R Food Safety - Availability of free manuals and instructions Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 8
D ISO 9001 - Responsibilities of Top Management in ensuring availability of resources ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3