Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

To detect the non standard variable

i am continuously searching and asking regarding poison test which is generally conduct for the quality inspectors are catching bad parts by mixing some bad parts in Ok parts whether they catching or not to prevent to supply bad parts at customer . Can anyone share procedure, SOP, which we want to implement our entire process so that people can do this things easily i request more

i am very grateful to you if anyone can help me to give the procedure of poison test in used in auto industry which one applicable to entire processes. Please help me

John Predmore

Quite Involved in Discussions
I have not heard anyone call it a poison test before you did. I think this is a similar idea as a red rabbit test. You will find some ideas here on red rabbits.
Red Rabbit Test - used to check how long it takes to identify a defect. In this test, a red part is added to the mix and the time until it is discovered is identified.
The danger of mixing bad parts with ok parts is if any bad parts escape. A safer alternative is a "dock audit", where parts already inspected are re-inspected.

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Staff member
Super Moderator
Do you mean Poisson?? This is a categorical data distribution where there can be more than 1 defect per unit...
Can you describe in more detail what you are trying to do with this?

Last edited:

joekirk

Starting to get Involved
i am very grateful to you if anyone can help me to give the procedure of poison test in used in auto industry which one applicable to entire processes. Please help me
What you are referring to is called a red rabbit test. Most companies that do "red rabbit" tests do them at the beginning of each shift. This should be documented on a log or form. If a "red rabbit" is accepted, all product produced since the last shift check should be held as suspect. Also, "red rabbits" need to be controlled (marked, numbered, calibrated, etc...)

Top Bottom