To detect the non standard variable

i am continuously searching and asking regarding poison test which is generally conduct for the quality inspectors are catching bad parts by mixing some bad parts in Ok parts whether they catching or not to prevent to supply bad parts at customer . Can anyone share procedure, SOP, which we want to implement our entire process so that people can do this things easily i request more

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
i am very grateful to you if anyone can help me to give the procedure of poison test in used in auto industry which one applicable to entire processes. Please help me

John Predmore

Quite Involved in Discussions
I have not heard anyone call it a poison test before you did. I think this is a similar idea as a red rabbit test. You will find some ideas here on red rabbits.
Red Rabbit Test - used to check how long it takes to identify a defect. In this test, a red part is added to the mix and the time until it is discovered is identified.
The danger of mixing bad parts with ok parts is if any bad parts escape. A safer alternative is a "dock audit", where parts already inspected are re-inspected.

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Staff member
Super Moderator
Do you mean Poisson?? This is a categorical data distribution where there can be more than 1 defect per unit...
Can you describe in more detail what you are trying to do with this?

Last edited:

joekirk

Involved In Discussions
i am very grateful to you if anyone can help me to give the procedure of poison test in used in auto industry which one applicable to entire processes. Please help me
What you are referring to is called a red rabbit test. Most companies that do "red rabbit" tests do them at the beginning of each shift. This should be documented on a log or form. If a "red rabbit" is accepted, all product produced since the last shift check should be held as suspect. Also, "red rabbits" need to be controlled (marked, numbered, calibrated, etc...)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Algorithm to Detect flaw and burr on print characters Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
C Customer Requirement to Detect and Preclude use of Counterfeit & Used Parts Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4
P Process Stability & Sampling - Can Sampling detect an Unstable Process? AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 10
Q Semiconductor Inductor Failure - Will HAAS/HALT or any other test detect it? Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
R My C=0 sampling failed to detect parts are out of round Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 20
K Difference a gage can detect - Similar Parts Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 16
S How to Detect Common & Special Cause(s) of Variation in a System? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 12
A SPC for Labels - Detect dot, misaligned, color differences, etc Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
K Sampling plan to detect defective units - Given N=6000, PPM=500 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 20
J 8-D for mislabels - How to prevent, or at least detect, mislabels Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
A FDA guidance on non-sterile Medical Device Packaging Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4
E Qualification for non gmp service providers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
R MDD x PPE Directive - Statement of Non-Applicability EU Medical Device Regulations 3
B Exclusions or justification for non-applicability of IEC standards Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 1
C Non-EU Language Requirements Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
A Non-Conformances Found After 3rd Party Sorting Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 12
T ISO 13485 8.3 - Non-Conforming Materials - on-line rework or part of process? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
N Audit non-compliance API Q1 - Use of External Documents 4.4.4 in Product Realization Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 5
D Using non-conforming components even though the final assembly is conforming? Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
N Competent Authority notification for non-EU manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M CE marking for NON-EU EU Medical Device Regulations 0
E Non-GMP examples in Pharmaceutical industry Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
blile Increasing PFMEA occurrence ranking after non-conformance FMEA and Control Plans 4
S Non-Conformance and Deviations ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
B Risk Assessment Checklist for Non product Software IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
T Ideas for developing a Supplier Quality Management System, non automotive ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
N Audit non-compliance - API Spec Q1 9th Ed 5.6.1.2 b Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 10
R Applicability of new non-harmonized standards (MDD/MDR) EU Medical Device Regulations 8
M Scope of Combined ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 QMS - Non-automotive customers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
J Guidance on manufacturing non-surgical face masks US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
D Do non-IATF customers need to be included in audit scope? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 23
C If it doesn't prevent a non-conformance, is it a preventive action? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
G Addressing Non-Conformances from an Internal Audit that are not product related ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
T Non conformance product identification and traceability 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
I Non-Conformance vs OFI -- your best descriptions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 61
G Question about Non-conformances during New Product Introduction Nonconformance and Corrective Action 14
B Bioburden monitoring for surgical instrument provided non-sterile EU Medical Device Regulations 3
Y Packaging validation for non-sterile Medical Equipment Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
S Can we provide training plan as corrective action for IATF 16949 Non conformity? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
J Medical System with non-medical device and FCC US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
L PMA and Non-PMA parts in same finished goods area? Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 1
W Non-Conformance from recent Audit carried out on Purchasing AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
D Do purchasing controls apply to non-medical parts? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
S Service record requirements for Non-Serviceable Medical Devices CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
S Industry Labelling Standards - non medical Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
B Using non CE parts in a machine CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
A Single use non-sterile syringe used in the oral cavity - Laboratory test advice US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 7
K Relying on mitigations implemented in non-medical device IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
M What to do about Non Conformance forms that are deleted or missing? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
Marc A 20 Hour Non-Stop Flight - (October 2019) Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 19