Todays Topic: Learn Spanish!

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
All day today you can begin your Spanish lessons. No - not in the posts - but for today, in this forum, I'm testing a Spanish template. Have fun!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
E

energy

I get a "P' in Spanish

Marc,

I know it should be in Spanish. I have been testing out the translation on our Receptionist. She is Spanish-American and can barely understand my messages. I sent her good morning and welcoming her back after a day off. She said "Huh?". Even allowing for the dielect differences, she is Puerto Rican, the translator kept manana "manana". Hope the new template works. Heres the message in Spanish:

Orujo,

Sé que debe estar en español. He estado probando fuera de la
traducción en nuestra recepcionista. Ella es hispanoamericana y
puede entender descubierto mis mensajes. Envié su buena mañana y
darle la bienvenida detrás después de un día apagado. Ella dijo "
Huh?". Incluso teniendo en cuenta las diferencias del dielect, ella
es Puerto Rican, el manana guardado traductor " manana ". Espere los
nuevos trabajos del modelo. Mensaje de los theis de Heres en
español

Now here's the same message again in English, using the translator:

I know that it must be in Spanish. I have been proving outside the
translation in our recepcionista. It is Hispano-American and can
understand discovered my messages. I sent its good morning and to
behind give the welcome him after a dull day. She said " Huh ". Even
considering the differences of dielect, it is Port Rican, the kept
manana " manana " translator. Wait for the new works of the model.
Message of theis of Heres in Spanish

Man, am I dumb sounding
:biglaugh: :smokin:

J

Juan - 2004

El programa que hace las traduciones es muy limitado. El problema fundamental es que hace traduciones "lieralmente" y al final de cuentas la traducion no hace sentido.
The software used is very limited in its capabilities. The fundamental problem is that it performs literal translations . At the end the meaning is very poor or senseless:bigwave:

Marc

Staff member
Admin
Don't mis-understand. Only the board controls will be in Spanish. Threads and posts in threads won't be translated. Buttons will be translated in the near future if I can figure out how to do that.

Marc

Staff member
Admin
Juan,

I understand that software translation programs do a 'rough' translation which are borderline useful. Working in Mexico I used to take my laptop and have a Spanish-English interpretation program that I used to look at a lot of procedures with. I generally could tell what was being said and make sure the necessary issues were addressed.

That's why we established some exclusively Spanish forums here at the Cove. Thank Manny for pushing for that and for doing translations for templates and such.

None the less, one can get a general idea of what is being said using a software translation program. And - it's sorta fun. I wish I had been smart enough when I was young to learn an extra language well (other than my high school French class which I didn't learn very well). I really envy bi-lingual and tri-lingual people.

So - I'll learn some Spanish as I do some translations here with Manny and I do look through some Spanish posts. I am learning a bit. Its really kinda fun!

E

energy

Como se llama?

Escrito originalmente por Juan
El programa que hace las traduciones es muy limitado. El problema fundamental es que hace traduciones "lieralmente" y al final de cuentas la traducion no hace sentido.
I, too, love the language and admire those that can speak two or three.
Here you go:The program that makes the traduciones very is limited. The fundamental problem is that it makes traduciones " lieralmente " and at the end of accounts traducion does not make sense
:bigwave: :smokin:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Geoff Cotton "Todays Active Topics" a suggestion. Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
C Refreshing an old and boring topic - Job descriptions and Roles vs Process Documentation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 38
P Quality objectives - must they include CAPA and internal audit topic? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 28
A Labeling MR safe & MR Unsafe (magnetic resonance imaging topic) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
C Continuous Improvement as a Newsletter Topic Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
A Evaluating an Integrated Management System - Dissertation Topic ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
T Current and upcoming events (coffee break topic) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
A Research Thesis topic relating to Calibration Calibration Frequency (Interval) 6
bobdoering Another volley on the topic of transformations Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
N Where is the romance? Help topic for the married Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 122
B What key topic that is included in ISO9004 is excluded from ISO 9001 World News 2
S Barriers to TQM implementation in Construction Industry - M Level Dissertation Topic Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 13
L Records of continual improvement - How do you keep auditors happy on this topic? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 11
Kevin Mader Does money motivate? The topic of Motivation came up in a discussion Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 67
S Boss perceives quality is not the front burner topic - How to keep it going? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 10
E SPANISH TOPIC - QS9K y el Tech Standar 16949 QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 10
B Gage Calibration non QS Area 2nd Topic QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 3
Marc Off Topic Chatter - Cheech Wizard Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
K Things to learn during lockdown.... Safety-related books/articles/threads Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
S How to Learn all aspects of ISO 27001:2013 | The best way to grab the knowledge on 27001:2013 (Step by Step) IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 7
E What do I study to learn how to audit? Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
S I want to learn Fish-Bone Diagram Analysis Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 14
drgnrider ISO 14001 - Need to learn YESTERDAY!!! ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 18
C Best Book to learn MiniTab 16 Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 9
S Seeking to learn English Video and Suggestions - I am Chinese Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
T What our managers can learn from Jim Harbaugh (NFL Coach of the Year)? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
bio_subbu USFDA CDER Learn (Web based course free of charge) Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
S Things we learn Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
tsmith7858 When will people learn the difference between OHSAS and ISO standards? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 29
SteelMaiden Some people never learn. Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
D The best web sites to learn about IMDS information and enter information? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
D Medical Device Packaging - Trying to learn Technical files EU Medical Device Regulations 4
E Can QA professionals learn anything from the current global financial crisis? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
Wes Bucey Laid off? Downsized? What did you learn? Career and Occupation Discussions 80
H Where to learn about ISO 22000, HACCP and FS (food safety) Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 10
K Quality Materials - I would like to learn more about quality assurance Career and Occupation Discussions 5
A Most Important Knowledge in the Quality Assurance field - What to Learn Career and Occupation Discussions 11
S How do I learn CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration)? Software Quality Assurance 4
D Learn To Pay Attention! Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 1
S Best way to learn Minitab Usage Using Minitab Software 9
Y Want to meet someone from big 3 in the supplier develop field to learn from Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
Antonio Vieira Learn any language! Text to Speech - It's easy to speak for example Portuguese After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 3
L Where/how do we learn training skills? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 9
C First Audit Stop - Employees Washroom - Learn all you need to know about a company General Auditing Discussions 83
C Where can I learn more about IPC-A-610D without training? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 9
U PPAP and AQAP Training - I really want to learn PPAP, APQP, and QS-9000 in detail Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
T I'm a Civil Engineer - How can I learn about ISO 9000? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Kevin Mader Is the USA 'Out of the Crisis'? Those that do not learn from history... Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 122