Topics for Company's Quality Newsletter - Suggestions

C

Chance

Hi Covers,

How everybody is doing?

I am trying to help my boss in deciding what topic he should provide for our company quality newsletter. What I have in my humble opion is to have a topic something that can help the company understand better why we are adapting ISO 9001 (currently on stage 2 ISO audit).

I need some suggestions about what topic he should focus on. Everybody's help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chance

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
M

Migre

Re: Quality topic for company newsletter

Hi Chance,

My own :2cents: - don't do a dedicated quality newsletter. It will most probably bore the pants off the workforce.

Work closely with each department / section. Explain to them why you're doing the things you're doing. If your company is implementing ISO 9001 to gain a competitive advantage, explain that. If the reason is to rectify internal problems, explain that. If the reason is simply to continually improve the company, explain that. If the reason is because your MD is a fruitloop who just wants to see a certificate in the main entrance, lie through your back teeth and tell them something else. From the very first stages, don't bamboozle them with terminology they won't understand - get out there, talk to the workforce in a language that means something to them and appreciate that truly educating people and gaining acceptance takes a little time.

Apologies if that's telling you to suck eggs - it's just my opinion. I've seen many versions of quality newsletters over the years. They invariably turn people off in an instant. I've yet to see a truly effective and innovative example.

Regards (and good luck),

Mick

C

Chance

Dear Covers,

We are about to get our ISO 9001 certificate very soon. My company wants to change the title for our company newsletter from ISO Certification Progress to current capabilties that we have built in place.
Please help me how to create a title that covers our capabilities.
I hope somebody can help me figure out this. Appreciate all the help!

T

tamale

Research what the best are doing. The GE's, Pratt & Whitney's and like.

Find out how they do things and benchmark your system against theirs.

This will not only be informative but it will give your company vision concerning what a good system can do and how to do it.

Also it will help to gain employee buy-in. As long as you line yourself up in accordance with what you report on!

Tamale

S

skdiamond

We don’t have a newsletter but I do have chance about once a quarter to talk for 5-10 minutes about Quality at our all hands. I’ve addressed or plan on addressing the following:

· What is root cause? - I took the example of why we run out of coffee some times and what the true root cause was.
· What does Quality really mean? – How does one even define quality? What companies do you associate with quality and why? What does quality mean to you?
· Cost of Quality – How much does poor quality cost us, discuss rework, scrap and then talk about lost customers.
· Quality means change – try and break the myth that quality is a policing job or meaningless paperwork. Quality is all about accepting change.

Good luck with your articles.

-Scott

G

George Weiss

Is this a newsletter for management or the floor worker?
I am sure the middle and upper tier people will want the latest news in terms of good news for the bottom line.
The guy on the floor might be better served with some reasons for things happening, and that it is not going away.
I have seen the conversion from a sole proprietorship into a managed company with a great deal of fan fair to the Lean Sigma Six and various other methodologies. I am not saying label it Quality for dummies, but there is some truth to the need to get understanding at a basic level from the janitor and assembly people. The suggestion box is a flame-out of an idea. The idea of merit awards on a monthly, or quarterly basis can be over done, but a good buy-in.
Giving people rope to improve their immediate surroundings sometimes pays off well with new positive self-motivation, as personal success kicks in. production quality competitions, now that’s a new idea.
Call it Your "Company Good Job reporter"

C

Chance

I am sure the middle and upper tier people will want the latest news in terms of good news for the bottom line.
The guy on the floor might be better served with some reasons for things happening, and that it is not going away.
I have seen the conversion from a sole proprietorship into a managed company with a great deal of fan fair to the Lean Sigma Six and various other methodologies. I am not saying label it Quality for dummies, but there is some truth to the need to get understanding at a basic level from the janitor and assembly people. The suggestion box is a flame-out of an idea. The idea of merit awards on a monthly, or quarterly basis can be over done, but a good buy-in.
Giving people rope to improve their immediate surroundings sometimes pays off well with new positive self-motivation, as personal success kicks in. production quality competitions, now that’s a new idea.
Thanks I think "Company Good Job Reporter" sounds interesting.
This is a newsletter company-wide.

C

Chance

Thanks for your input.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SATHYABALARAMAN What are the topics to be covered for Training the employee as per IATF 16949:2016 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
M Poka-yoke - Key Topics and Points Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 11
L Departmental Management Meetings -Topics which should be included IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
T Searching for books which have content of 7.1.4. Change Control topics Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
V Medical Device Conference - May 2014 - Interesting topics and presentations Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
A Complaint System Internal Audit - Topics to Emphasize Internal Auditing 12
V The Most Cited Topics and Areas of FDA Audits 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
E MSA 3th edition vs. 4th - What are the topics, formats, criteria, new formulas, etc. Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
Marc Three Email Topics Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 3
L Quality Objectives - Objectives related to Quality topics or the business? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
N Nissim Shaked is dealing with these topics at his desk Imported Legacy Blogs 14
B Weekly Quality Topics - A basic quality primer Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
7 New Book Topics Needed - Help Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
Marc The Controversial Topics forum - Keep forum or New posts to peoples blogs Forum News and General Information 9
O Quarterly Review with Suppliers - Discussion topics Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
SteelMaiden Competency evaluation records - Direct correlation to EMS-related topics Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 7
I Weekly or monthly brief Quality Topics or short power point presentations Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
F CAPA Training - Tips on making CAPA training topics interesting! Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
A Ergonomics & Time study - Concepts for experiments in above mentioned topics? Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 3
M Lean training for new team - Thoughts on topics for a kick-off meeting? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
P Which topics of AS9100 the auditors (UK) are most focussed on AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
T TS-16949 for Dummies presentation - Hot Topics - Open Discussion IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
ccochran The Top 10 Training Topics for Customer Focus Registered Visitor Articles Archive 13
L Seeking: Medical Device SOP Templates for several topics Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
Claes Gefvenberg Internal auditor get together meeting - Your suggestions on discussion topics? Internal Auditing 2
Atul Khandekar Use of Computer Aided Learning for Quality Topics - E-Learning Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 20
Raffy What kind of Training do we need for Calibration? What topics? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
Geoff Cotton "Todays Active Topics" a suggestion. Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
C Who offers QS9000 training (in Spanish) on topics like PPAP, FMEA, etc QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 2
T ISO 13485 - 5.5.1 Responsibility and authority - Small Company Independence ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
F Quality manual for trading company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
L Implementing the PRRC role in a company EU Medical Device Regulations 5
BeaBea ISO 9001 Customer Feedback Methods - What has worked for your company? Service Industry Specific Topics 16
M Customers Request AS9100 certification - Small Company (less than 20 employees) AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 8
U Document Approval - Software company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
T EQMS for small medical device company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
Q Corona virus Contingency plan - What have you done in your company? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 25
Q Must product name be listed the same name in FURLS, UDI, GUDID and Company Website? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
E Sharepoint for ISO 13485 QMS for small IVD company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
N Small Company - Internal audit process - Who does the audit? Internal Auditing 16
Z 510(k) usage - Company has 2 physically similar products Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
Q Company Ownership Change ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
L Contracted Manufacture Company wanting to be able to design and manufacture own product. 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
D ISO9001 for one man company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
T Client Communication - SaaMD company Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
R Notified Body for MDD 1Q20 - Florida Company Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
E In need of a new TGA sponsor - Small software company Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
F ISO 17025 8.8 Internal Audits in a segmented company ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
E Company A supplies pharmaceuticals to the MOI - Who is responsible? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
J Quality Assurance in China - Developing a quality management system for a California company Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7