TOSEBO Schedule circa '73-'76

R

raito

Here's what I remember as the daily scheduling from the later days of TOSEBO (most of you guys seem to be older than I):

The summer schedule was a little bit different. There was still the 3 and 4 week sessions, but you could also go for 6 (and possibly other increments). I never got to go the full summer, but I wanted to.

Most mornings were getting up at reveille, and assembling up by the flag pole by the craft shop for calisthenics. Then down to hang out for a few minutes by the club house until called in for breakfast.

Being a waiter was for those guys of intermediate age (old enough to do the job, but not the oldest). There was a waiter for each of 2 tables, and he sat at the end of the table so he could get up easily, and see the other table. I don't recall honors being given for being a waiter -- it was just assigned.

Every camper could expect a week at Table #1, Hal Tonkin's table. Better have good manners that week! When the Allman's owned TOSEBO, I can't remember who took that spot.

After breakfast, it was up the hill for a daily cleanup, then off to activities. There would be an hour of activity assigned by tent and cabin (in pairs), and an hour of free activity. Then down to the waterfront for an hour of swimming lessons. It sure seemd like most of the counselors has their certifications.

Back up to the club house for lunch. Usually sandwiches and soup. To this day, I eat peanut butter and jelly with cream of mushroom, cold cuts with vegetable, and cheese with tomato. Then there was the infamous pizza burgers. I recall hearing a story from Jim (Moose) Faloon about how some camper, after lunch, made an announcement about how many his table had consumed. Hal Tonkins said something like," It's not an eating marathon!"

After lunch, an hour of quiet time, and 2 more activity hours structured as in the morning. Another swim before dinner. Then on to whatever was planned for the evening.

Then evenings varied. Sometimes, it was sports, where we were divided by league (yet another division) by age and ability. The first year I was there, I was misplaced into the PeeWees, because I was young and hadn't been there before. But I was also 6' tall at 11, and it really wasn't too fair to the rest, some of whom were 6 years old. And it wasn't quite fair to me, as all the other guys from Cabin 6 (and Cabin 5) were Minors.

Anyway, sometimes sports. Sometimes, the Council. Early in the summer would be an evening where the counselors would try to find the campers, who were hiding in the woods. The counselor could only catch you if he saw you and could call your name. And there was that weird flag-football-like game where captured guys made a chain from the opposing back line.

Weekends were different. After breakfast came the major cleanup, where each cabin/tent also had a special assignment, like cleaning up the stage or tennis court. Then the trip into town. Saturday dinner was prepared by the counselors in the area between the cabins (gave the cooks and kitchen boys a day off). After dinner came showers, followed by a movie in the club house (it seems as though it was always NFL films from the preceding season).

But it all changed on the 'special' days. I recall several of these. 'Tribe Day' was every summer. 'Gold Rush' was still happening (and yet another way to divide up the boys into different groups). 'Paul Bunyan' day. 'Olympic' day. And probably others that I can't remember. There seemed to be one of these every couple weeks.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Thanks for the brief memoir. It's been a long time since someone has posted about Tosebo, but I enjoy the stories.

I don't know if you have been to the Tosebo Web Site. Some old campers bought it and rents parts of it out.

G

GeorgeH

I recall visiting Tosebo for a couple hours in 1975. I had been a camper from 1952-55. As I approached the camp, tears welled up in my eyes when I saw the '42 Chevy truck (no longer in use) parked by the road. When I went into the dining hall in the club house, I was happy to discover that Ben Taylor, Greatgrandson of Noble Hill, the camp founder, was working at the camp that summer. George Hausser, camper 52-55

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Internal Audit Schedule – Who gets to set the schedule? Internal Auditing 16
T Internal Audit Schedule when Hiring Out Internal Auditing 7
D Determining Calibration Frequency schedule for items used in production Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
M Informational EU – Schedule of meetings of MDCG and subgroups – 2019 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
R How far apart can you schedule separate areas or departments in your internal audit? Internal Auditing 4
A API Spec Q1 9th Edition - 12 month Internal Audit Schedule Audit Nonconformance Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 10
D Where I can find an ISO 13485:2016 Audit Schedule example? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
J AS9100D - Good ways to document an internal audit plan / schedule Internal Auditing 25
D Delivery Schedule Performance - IATF 16949 Cl. 9.1.2.1-d IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
K Is an annual "audit schedule" the same thing as an audit scope/ audit plan? Internal Auditing 8
B Need to convert Reference Only M&TE to a calibration schedule General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
C Does anyone have an AS9100:2015 audit schedule template? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
D Please share your IATF 16949 Internal Audit Plan and Schedule Internal Auditing 13
M MDSAP Audit Plan - Please share an Audit Plan/Schedule/Agenda ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
P Internal Audit Schedule Complexity (ISO 9001:2015 ) Internal Auditing 3
A Developing a ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audit Plan and Schedule ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 40
M Example Internal Audit Schedule wanted Internal Auditing 47
C DCMA (Defense Contract Management Agency) asking for Inspection Schedule Dates AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 7
L Sourcing Audit Schedule for Supplier Audits IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
A Management Review not conducted according to schedule Management Review Meetings and related Processes 9
T Are Customers required to follow a Manufacturers Maintenance Schedule? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
S No Audit Schedule and Internal Audit not Performed ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 20
D Health & auditing/assessment schedule Imported Legacy Blogs 0
L R2 Certification Internal Audit Plan, Audit Sheet, and Schedule Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
B Is there an FDA requirement for a Supplier Audit Schedule US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 22
S Help me with preparing Internal Audit Schedule based on Risk analysis 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
B ANVISA B-GMP Inspection Schedule Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
drgnrider Calibration Schedule (Frequency) not properly reflected on Laboratory Paperwork Calibration Frequency (Interval) 7
B Corrective Action for Deviation (delay) in the Delivery Schedule Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 10
R Internal Audit Schedule Conformance Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 31
Y Training Plan/Schedule - Can anybody share a format or template for annual training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
J TS 16949 Clause 4.2.3.1 based on Customer Required Schedule IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
L ISO 13485 Internal Audit Schedule example needed Internal Auditing 9
S Schedule D II Format for Medical Device Registration India Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
Moncia Supplier Audit Requirements for ISO 22000 - Is a schedule required? Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 5
T Schedule for SOP Review - Listing by Names of Process Owner versus Job Titles? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
M QSIT-Based ISO 13485 Internal Audit Schedule Internal Auditing 8
K Seeking help in making a decision - Project behind schedule Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 11
Q Maintenance Schedule with Client in my Procedures? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
C Does anyone have an example of an ISO 14001 Internal Audit Schedule ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
J Timing of an Internal Audit Schedule ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
R Receiving inspection and Internal Audit schedule ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 20
F How to Integrate Audits and Audits Schedule - ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
V Layered Process Audit Schedule example Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 2
N Second Party (Supplier) Audit - Audit Schedule and Audit Report Template/Format General Auditing Discussions 3
E Document Retention Schedule Requirements per ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
V How to calculate for LCL and UCL for Schedule Deviation Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
D Is there any software for making an Injection Molding Machine Schedule? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
E Milestone / Schedule / Plan for Quality Management System Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
L Auditing Schedule to ISO 9001, ISO 13485, IVD, MDD and 21 CFR Part 820 General Auditing Discussions 8