Toshiro Problem Solving Process

L

Laura M

PRoblem solving

Anyone have info on the "toshira" (sp?) problem solving process?

I was asked today. phonetically to - sheer - a if I heard it right, used in Japanese companies.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Is this real?

You guys (He says in a non-gender specific manner) must be nuts! I tried the search and I'm not sure I could read the titles, let alone the material. It sounds to me like this is almost exclusively mathamatics, and like the simple country boy I am, If I have to take off my shoes to count I'm in trouble.

L

Laura M

I did the google search too. I haven't given up yet, but it looked like alot of papers by various Toshira's that solved problems and their project was written up. I may have the name wrong. I was hoping it was a known process like 6S, or something being used in Japan.

I'll let you know what I find out.

R

Randy Stewart

Not Really Sure

What I have seen is it looks like going back to the old Boolean Algebra - Logic flows.

That's what I thought

Yeah, that's what I thought. The two subjects I have always failed; algebra and logic!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Problem Solving in Fiat Automobiles Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 0
R Problem solving activity - Three hours to fix the issue Manufacturing and Related Processes 14
T Formal Q Self Assessment - Problem with assigning Product and Process Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
NDesouza Go See, Think, Do (GSTD) Problem Solving Activity Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 8
Marc Medical device vulnerability highlights problem of third-party code in IoT devices Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
P How far an operator can reach into a machine before it becomes an ergonomic problem CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
V Ammeter calibration - Measuring head (on pic.) problem General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
G Problem Resolution Report Monitoring - Customer complaint or PRR as general motors use Customer Complaints 12
S Relationship between IEC 62304 problem resolution and ISO 13485 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 8
qualprod Add new action plans in CA, while waiting effectiveness - Same problem reappears ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
bryan willemot Documenting past problem history for fasteners for AS9100 Rev D AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
Marc Problem Opening Attachments Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 4
Marc Problem with 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) sub-forum link - 2 May 2019 Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 1
K Does anyone have a copy of a GM 5 Phase Problem solving form Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 1
D Training for AS13000 - Problem Solving Requirements for Suppliers Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 14
eule del ayre Manual Inventory System - Problem is discipline of the employees Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 7
G When preventative action is prohibited by cost in 8D problem solving Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 1
G When preventative action is prohibited by cost in 8D problem solving Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 8
Marc vBulletin to Xenforo Import Problem Reports 28180928 Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 25
M Training in 8D Problem Solving as a Preventive Action? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 9
A 5Why vs. 8D - Problem Solving Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 19
K Documented problem solving and documented error-proofing - IATF 16949 10.2.3 & 10.2.4 Internal Auditing 7
V Query on PA66+GF15% - Color variation (Natural to Yellowish) problem Manufacturing and Related Processes 20
J Can someone help me get the UCL AND LCL for this problem? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
P Problem with IATF 16949 Clause 7.2.3 Requirements (Internal Auditor Competency) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
K Problem with Cable Composed of Coextruded Litz Wire and Tube Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
W Documented Problem-Solving for Automotive IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
R Review of "Key Data" for contract labs, but SOP doesn't define "key data". Problem? Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
M Taguchi Loss Function Problem Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
R RoHS Compliance Problem with One Component RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 5
Q Problem Solving Techniques - 5 why or Fishbone diagram ? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 8
S Problem Solving Database for Each Machine Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
L Suppliers Problem - One of our material suppliers is not ISO certified ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
Y Please help me solve a DOE problem - New Minitab User Using Minitab Software 36
J Should failure mode caused by Fixture problem be into PFMEA? FMEA and Control Plans 2
K Quality Manual Problem Root Cause Analysis Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
Ron Rompen Unusual problem with Excel - Need some help Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 7
automoto International Problem Solving Guide Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 2
R CQE Exam Problem Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
M Internal Audit Findings and Issuance Problem Internal Auditing 4
M Problem Solving: JDI (just do it) vs. A3 vs PDCA Projects Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
S Process Owner role in Problem Investigation/Corrective Action Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 9
P Global 8D Problem Solving Training Material Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 1
P Global 8D Problem Solving Example Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 5
Moncia Problem with Corrective Action for Flavor / Fragrance related Customer Returns Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 9
K Peculiar problem with my CSSGB exam with ASQ Six Sigma 1
D FAA 8130-3 Repaired Leather Dress Cover problem Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 2
AnaMariaVR2 The Economics of China's Pollution Problem Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
C Accuracy Problem on the Calibrator - Two Labs with different Results General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
N Change Order Problem - Want to change things "on the fly" ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5