Total Quality Information Software - Benchmarking my product against other software

E

Ed Grounds

I am in the process of benchmarking my product against other total quality information software packages. To make this a thorough benchmark I am looking for input regarding possible contenders. If you are currently using a software package that you feel is working well I would like to know the name of the product and the company that designed it. The packages should be AIAG compliant and have APQP, Gage Control, Quality and Engineering Documentation, Corrective Action, and Document Control capabilities.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Probably too late to mean anything now, but I 'found' this in the wrong forum and am transferring it to the right one. Maybe a few responses will trickle in.

S

Sporty

We use MPACT also, and the most frustrating result is the 120 page Control Plan.
We recently launched QSI's System 14000, which does everything you are looking for and more. It will need some customizing for specific forms we use, but overall, everyone is happy with it.
Training was a bit of a nightmare, but after five months now.....things are going smoothly.

A

Al Dyer

Sporty,

Send me an e-mail, I teach Mpact and have never seen a control plan longer that 15 pages!

Marc

Staff member
Admin
The length of the control plan will depend upon the part / assembly - not the software. I've seen 1 page CPs and 200 page CPs. Other than font size, the software should make no difference.

A

Al Dyer

Marc,

The use of the software can make a difference, with Mpact there is a choice of printing out different versions of a control plan and FMEA.

Submit a 120 page CP to Chrysler and see what happens!

Food for thought.

S

Sporty

We supply GM, Chrysler, Ford, and just about any other OEM you can think of .....I have not seen a control plan less than 60 pages coming out of MPACT, with most well over 100 pages. Obviously, we are doing something wrong with the formatting.
I e-mailed you Al, I do hope you can help.

A

Al Dyer

I will help, if I don't respond to the first e-mail forgive me, I'm doing some work on my system!

Marc

Staff member
Admin
How do you get MPact 2001 to carry over information to the warrant - simple stuff like Company name?

Sporty said:

We use MPACT also, and the most frustrating result is the 120 page Control Plan.

We recently launched QSI's System 14000, which does everything you are looking for and more. It will need some customizing for specific forms we use, but overall, everyone is happy with it.
Are you saying you replaced MPact with QSI's System 14000? Are they the same - a relational database with all the forms and such.

I've just started using MPact 2001 and it reminds me of an old DOS program. So far I'm far from impressed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Implementation of Total Quality Management/Starting a Quality Department Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 9
G How can Total Quality help a company or business compete in the world market? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 2
V Differences between Business Process Reengineering (BPR) and Total Quality Management Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
D TQM (Total Quality Management) Diagram Software Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4
R Total Quality Management (TQM) in the Aerospace Industry AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
A TQPC (Total Quality Process Control) for Injection Molding Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
C ASQ Quality Management Journal Vol. 17 Total Quality Management (TQM) Comments Wanted Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 8
N ISO 9001 and the HR Function - Developing a Total Quality Management System for HR ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
K Quality Assurance Clinical Research Auditor - Masters in Total Quality Management Career and Occupation Discussions 3
N Journey towards total quality and Optimal results Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
L Total Quality Management System Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
S Total Quality Managememt Video for sharing Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 0
D Description of Total Quality Management Practices (DTQMP) Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 3
Ajit Basrur The "Pillars of Total Quality Management" (TQM) Presentation - Any ideas Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 11
Govind Achieving "Total Quality" Section- Share your ideas ASQ - American Society for Quality 6
P Teaching Total Quality Management - How do I monitor my teaching inputs? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 9
B Basic Fundamentals of Quality - Total Quality Management Registered Visitor Articles Archive 9
C Total Quality Management (TQM) - We upgraded from QS-9000 to 16949, 14001, and 17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 9
T TQM (Total Quality Management) Team Close Out Process Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 2
T Quality Software - What is the best TOTAL Quality Software package out there? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4
C The Concept of TQM (Total Quality Management) in the USA Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 5
M An outline for a Total Quality Management programme to present to senior executives Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 9
Marc Is TQM (Total Quality Management) Dead? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 34
G History of TQM? Where did Total Quality Management come from? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 18
M Seeking TQM (Total Quality Management) Books Recommendations Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 9
Q ISO 9000 and TQM (Total Quality Management) in Small Companies Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 11
Marc The Paradox of Toyotaism vs. TQM (Total Quality Management) Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 9
V Definition TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) vs. TQM (Total Quality Management) Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 18
Marc Total Quality Management - Is TQM On Your Radar? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 46
Marc TQM (Total Quality Management) - A Starter Thread Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 23
B Total Productive Maintenance - Company Transport IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
B Gage R&R Acceptable (10-30%), deduct Total Variation from Tolerance Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
K IATF16949 8.5.1.5 Total Productive Maintenance IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
B IATF 16949 Section 8.5.1.5 (Total Productive Maintenance) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 19
P Total Variation in Data - Overall Importance of the Principal Components Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 1
M Total number of Requirements for ISO 9001:2008 vs. ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
J One third of the total audit days on manufacturing (TS 16949) General Auditing Discussions 2
M Total Productive Maintenance vs. Lean, Six sigma, Business Process Reengineering, etc Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 9
F What is the scope for "Total Numbers of Employees on site" per ISO/TS 16949 ? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
Marc Total Lunar Eclipse Visible in North America - 15 April 2014 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
K Can I use ANSI/AQL for the Total Number of Containers for the entire Lot? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
I Supplier Selection based on Total Cost question Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
B Total Resolution of an Measurement Instrument Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
D Pls hlep me understand the "Total Anaerobic Plate Count" Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 1
M How many documents total do you currently have? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
5 Reasonable GRR result for a 0-1" micrometer with a total tolerance of .002" Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 16
C A total newbie to AS 9101 needs general help AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 16
B Total Productive Maintenance Templates to Drive TPM Forward Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
N Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Portuguese Definitions and Terms Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
Z KPI Formula Issue - "Change Requests Managed" = Changed/Total ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7