Total Quality Information Software - Benchmarking my product against other software

E

Ed Grounds

I am in the process of benchmarking my product against other total quality information software packages. To make this a thorough benchmark I am looking for input regarding possible contenders. If you are currently using a software package that you feel is working well I would like to know the name of the product and the company that designed it. The packages should be AIAG compliant and have APQP, Gage Control, Quality and Engineering Documentation, Corrective Action, and Document Control capabilities.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Probably too late to mean anything now, but I 'found' this in the wrong forum and am transferring it to the right one. Maybe a few responses will trickle in.

S

Sporty

We use MPACT also, and the most frustrating result is the 120 page Control Plan.
We recently launched QSI's System 14000, which does everything you are looking for and more. It will need some customizing for specific forms we use, but overall, everyone is happy with it.
Training was a bit of a nightmare, but after five months now.....things are going smoothly.

A

Al Dyer

Sporty,

Send me an e-mail, I teach Mpact and have never seen a control plan longer that 15 pages!

Marc

Leader
The length of the control plan will depend upon the part / assembly - not the software. I've seen 1 page CPs and 200 page CPs. Other than font size, the software should make no difference.

A

Al Dyer

Marc,

The use of the software can make a difference, with Mpact there is a choice of printing out different versions of a control plan and FMEA.

Submit a 120 page CP to Chrysler and see what happens!

Food for thought.

S

Sporty

We supply GM, Chrysler, Ford, and just about any other OEM you can think of .....I have not seen a control plan less than 60 pages coming out of MPACT, with most well over 100 pages. Obviously, we are doing something wrong with the formatting.
I e-mailed you Al, I do hope you can help.

A

Al Dyer

I will help, if I don't respond to the first e-mail forgive me, I'm doing some work on my system!

Marc

Leader
How do you get MPact 2001 to carry over information to the warrant - simple stuff like Company name?

Sporty said:

We use MPACT also, and the most frustrating result is the 120 page Control Plan.

We recently launched QSI's System 14000, which does everything you are looking for and more. It will need some customizing for specific forms we use, but overall, everyone is happy with it.

Are you saying you replaced MPact with QSI's System 14000? Are they the same - a relational database with all the forms and such.

I've just started using MPact 2001 and it reminds me of an old DOS program. So far I'm far from impressed.

Top Bottom