Tour of Manhattan from a Radio Controlled (RC) Plane

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Big Jim

Trusted Information Resource
I have a close friend that builds and flies RC planes as a hobby. He has a garage size shop dedicated to his hobby. I've been trying to reach him to share this with, and he's not home.

This is truly amazing stuff.

Wes Bucey

Quite Involved in Discussions
Expert remote control pilot Raphael 'Trappy' Pirker recently took his 54 inch Zephyr model plane on a tour of Manhattan and the surrounding area. This is a video you *have* to see!
I agree the visuals are stunning.

However, I think I have watched too many spy movies, conspiracy movies, and movies or TV shows with a tech savvy villain using remote controlled "drones" to spy or deliver explosives or flammables against targets.

Frankly, the idea that a person could put a 4-1/2 foot device [plane] within close proximity of iconic landmarks gives me nightmares of 9-11 all over again.

The fact one of my grandchildren has one of those remote controlled toy helicopters means the technology no longer needs a tech savvy person to do evil, just someone with evil intent.

P

pearsonow

I fly these as a hobby.

What is shown in this video would be illegal in the UK. It breaks the ANO which governs flights, and probably also breaks the rules for the USA also.

Either way, a great bit of flying.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Plating and Metal Sheet Process Tour - What to focus on? Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
Stijloor Virtual Reality Tour of the Basilica of Saint John Lateran Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 3
F Customer Quality Audit Question - Giving the auditor a "guided" tour General Auditing Discussions 21
Stijloor The 2009 Tour de France starts on July 4th! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
A Tour de France 2008 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 24
Stijloor Has anyone seen Genesis in Concert? (Turn it on Again Tour 2007) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
Marc Panasonic?s ToughBook - Kobe factory tour - Zen And The Art Of ToughBooks After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
ScottK 2006 Le Tour de France thread - any cycling enthusiasts among us? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 37
O Radio modular approval in Brazil Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
O Radio Modular approval in China China Medical Device Regulations 0
M RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) Registration in Europe and in MENA countries EU Medical Device Regulations 1
F Is EMC + Radio Re-Test Required? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
Q RFID (radio frequency identification) registration for Medical Device Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
Marc Definition RED = Radio Equipment Directive Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 0
T Testing bluetooth medical devices against Japan Radio Law requirements Japan Medical Device Regulations 2
R IEC 62304 - Medical Device Wi-Fi Radio Requirements IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
M Global Radio Frequency Regulations for Medical Devices Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 3
M Radio Directive question about Wireless Device to Device Communication CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
T GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) and EMC IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
R Is FCC required for Medical Equipment without Radio Frequency Energy? Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
Jim Wynne Tech Guy Radio: Woman Wants Help in Getting Her Stolen Internet Connection Back After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
Tim Folkerts Pandora Radio - streaming *your* music Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 24
J Re: Review my ISO 9001:2000 Quality Manual - Radio Broadcaster (Latvia) Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 15
Marc Radio Controlled Airplanes Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
ScottK Save Internet Radio After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 25
A Radio & Telecommunications Terminal Equipment Directive 1999/5/EC CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
Marc Broadcast Radio Turns 100 World News 0
Wes Bucey RFID (radio frequency identification) Tags - Inventory and WIP Tracking Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 19