Toy Company Doesn't Conform With CE Marking Requirements

A

acad03

sir/maam, a student here. i encountered a problem where a europe based manufacturing company does not conform with the CE marking. what are the consequences for this company? are there legal consequences? thank you! god bless!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
M

MIREGMGR

Re: Class 1 Medical Device Labeling and CE Marking Requirement

Depends on the circumstances and details. They can provide more information here if they want more specific comments.

A

acad03

sir, actually what i have is a case where we were given very limited information.
the company is a toy manufacturing company. it states that:
"It is the responsibility of the toy company and the manufacturer to ensure that the product
meets the safety regulations and that the “CE” marking is fixed on the product. The company cannot delegate this responsibility."
then, at the end of the year the company encountered a problem in one of their toys with regards to poor insulation. hence, they have to pull back that particular product.

I am thinking if the fact that they don't conform with the CE Marking can be associated with this recent problem.

thank you so much for your help, sir. :)

pkost

Trusted Information Resource

I'm a little confused by your post.

A company can conform to the directive and the law and still encounter problems. They then initiate a recall in accordance with the directive/law and correct the problem.

Just because a company finds a fault with their product and initiates a recall does not mean that they did not comply with the directive

A

acad03

i myself am not very knowledgeable about the ce marking..

but i am certain that this toy manufacturing company does not conform to the ce marking.
so honestly, i am just making assumptions based from that.

can i just ask you a question about CE marking since the articles i've read in the internet barely help..

1. are every company based in europe has to conform with the CE marking? if yes, what is the consequence of not conforming with the CE marking?

thank you so much!

Last edited by a moderator:

pkost

Trusted Information Resource

There are a number of directives and regulations (laws) in europe that require CE marking. The capture a range of products (listed blow). If your product is within the scope of the specific regulation it requires a CE mark. If it does not, you are not permitted to put a CE mark on the product.

The consequence of not putting a CE mark on, or putting one on where there should be varies between member states and on the severity. The majority of of times it will result in a letter from the appropraite authority essentially saying "you must comply with the regulations". If you ignore this you are liable to fines.

wikipedia said:
Active implantable medical devices
Appliances burning gaseous fuels
Cableway installations designed to carry persons
Eco-design of energy related products
Electromagnetic compatibility
Equipment and protective systems intended for use potentially explosive atmospheres
Explosives for civil uses
Hot-water boilers
In vitro diagnostic medical devices
Lifts
Low voltage
Machinery
Measuring Instruments
Medical devices
Noise emission in the environment
Non-automatic weighing instruments
Personal protective equipment
Pressure equipment
Pyrotechnics
Radio and telecommunications terminal equipment
Recreational craft
Safety of toys
Simple pressure vessels

A

acad03

sorry, a total newbie here. i don't know how to make a new thread. anyways my question is still related with the toy manufacturing company. what is the average selling price and costs of a 9-11 yrs old toys of a toy manufacturing company? thank you and god bless!

M

MIREGMGR

That question doesn't seem to be related to the applicability of standards and the CE Mark system.

I'd think you might get better answers to your business-plan questions in a business forum.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Toy manufacturing company expansion project Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
J CE Marking for vibrator personal pleasure toy CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 16
G How to conduct a Toy Recall (College Question) Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
E New EU 2009/48/EC Toy Directive on Strict Product Documentation Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
ScottK Don't Eat the Aqua Dots! (Another Toy Recall) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 24
T ISO 13485 - 5.5.1 Responsibility and authority - Small Company Independence ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
F Quality manual for trading company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 0
L Implementing the PRRC role in a company EU Medical Device Regulations 5
BeaBea ISO 9001 Customer Feedback Methods - What has worked for your company? Service Industry Specific Topics 16
M Customers Request AS9100 certification - Small Company (less than 20 employees) AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 8
U Document Approval - Software company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
T EQMS for small medical device company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
Q Corona virus Contingency plan - What have you done in your company? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 25
Q Must product name be listed the same name in FURLS, UDI, GUDID and Company Website? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
E Sharepoint for ISO 13485 QMS for small IVD company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
N Small Company - Internal audit process - Who does the audit? Internal Auditing 16
Z 510(k) usage - Company has 2 physically similar products Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
Q Company Ownership Change ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
L Contracted Manufacture Company wanting to be able to design and manufacture own product. 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
D ISO9001 for one man company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
T Client Communication - SaaMD company Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
R Notified Body for MDD 1Q20 - Florida Company Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
E In need of a new TGA sponsor - Small software company Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
F ISO 17025 8.8 Internal Audits in a segmented company ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
E Company A supplies pharmaceuticals to the MOI - Who is responsible? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
J Quality Assurance in China - Developing a quality management system for a California company Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
S How to determine & document Organizational Knowledge of a company Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
U IT Process is Taken From company and Added to Corporate Structure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
G Is ISO 9001:2015 certification worth it for a company that does only contract manufacturing? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
N Non traumatic edge - Remark in some of my company drawings EU Medical Device Regulations 1
R Inventory management for a small startup device company Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
M Software Development Company - Who would own the whole process and the certification afterwards? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1
J ISO 9001 - How to decide if a company needs or will benefit from certification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
E What are appropriate deviations for a LHR/DHR? (Medical Device Company) Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
W My company is looking to start a materials testing lab that conforms to ISO17025:2017 ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
R ISO 13485 and QMS related concepts Training - Small medical device startup company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
B Is it necessary to conduct product audit of entire product which is manufactured in the company as per IATF IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
T AS9100D - Scope of QMS for New Company - Only Choosing a Function Subset Due to Management AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 14
D Customer and Company Specific Requirements for notification of Customers of a change in Management or Key Personnel Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
K Does company who manufacture but does not design or carry out clinical trials is responsible for CE marking for single use medical devices? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R Who is the Management Representative in my company? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M BCM (Business Continuity) and BPM in a company with an IT System Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 0
S Maintain and repair services company require ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
Q The Perfect audit? External Audit causes a significant negative impact in a company General Auditing Discussions 9
V CE Mark under MDD or IVDR - IVD company doing Virtual Manufacturing Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
M Receiver of noise from neighbor company ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 5
T New role Quality Manager IATF 16949, new company, advise how to get started IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
Q IATF rule for single site - Ingots from scrap metal recycling company IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
D Company Moving - Relabelling Question Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D Certifying a "virtual" company with zero employees ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11