Toyota Firewall Process - TPS - Does anyone know what this is? Details?

C

ColinJ

I have been asked to implement a Toyota Firewall process. This seems to be related to the prevention of shipping defective product and involves the use of FMEA and Control Plans. Does anyone have more details of the process or a source for information?

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

Welcome to the Cove ColinJ :bigwave:

We are tier two to Toyota but I'm sorry we haven't heard of this process so I won't be of much help. Has anyone else been through this?

C

ColinJ

That has been done. I'd like to get independant knowledge. Hence the reason for posting here. I will post back the knowledge when I consider that I have the proper facts. Thanks for asking.

Jim Wynne

Super Moderator
ColinJ said:
That has been done. I'd like to get independant knowledge. Hence the reason for posting here. I will post back the knowledge when I consider that I have the proper facts. Thanks for asking.
You're welcome. I asked because in your original post you said

ColinJ said:
Toyota Firewall process...seems to be related to the prevention of shipping defective product and involves the use of FMEA and Control Plans.
making it seem as though you weren't sure what the process was about.

Q

QualityDudette - 2008

Possible source of information

On ToyotaSupplier.com there is a reference document that is entitled:
"Best Practise Checklist for Assurance of Zero Critical Problem Flowout".

I ran a seach in the "My Content" for your key words and this was one of the sort results.

D

Don Palmer

Toyota's A3

Bill Ryan said:
Welcome to the Cove ColinJ :bigwave:

We are tier two to Toyota but I'm sorry we haven't heard of this process so I won't be of much help. Has anyone else been through this?
Bill, could this have something to do with some sort of software program (firewalled ?) that ties suppliers into Toyota's A3 "Supply Chain Problem Solving" Quick CAR A3 (Quick Corrective Action Reporting) system?

Just a thought.

Top Bottom