Traceable Calibration Of An Oven Thermometer

msec0990

Involved In Discussions
The story behind this is way too long to get into at the moment ...

Does anyone know of a company who could provide a traceable calibration for an oven thermometer (i.e. Taylor 5931, Cooper 24HP-01-1)? Yes, the kind that retail for about $5. This probably seems as crazy to you as it does to me, but any kind of help would be appreciated.

Mark

Last edited:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

GStough

Staff member
Super Moderator
The story behind this is way too long to get into at the moment ...

Does anyone know of a company who could provide a traceable calibration for an oven thermometer (i.e. Taylor 5931, Cooper 24HP-01-1)? Yes, the kind that retail for about $5. This probably seems as crazy to you as it does to me, but any kind of help would be appreciated.

Mark
Not sure why you need it, but in a previous life, we didn't calibrate our ovens. It drove the auditors nuts, but we posted "For Reference Only" signs on them. That probably doesn't help, but it's the only thing that came to mind at the moment. :eek:

msec0990

Involved In Discussions
I realize I didn't give much of an explanation or mention that my search had come up virtually empty already.

I don't want to get into it too much ... I'll just say there are much bigger problems here and leave it at that.

Mark

BradM

Staff member
Admin
Understand, Mark. No worries or issues from my end. :agree1::)

Do you have an ISO 17025 accredited lab near you? They should be able to perform it for you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Nist traceable calibration certificates General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
S Reference calibration tools (traceable to NIST) that are not used in production ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
G Mil-Std-130N, can calibration be a nationally traceable standard? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 0
Manix Calibration of Scales to Traceable Standards (Clause 7.6) - Required or Not Calibration Frequency (Interval) 6
M Calibration Procedure Traceable to National/International Standards (API Q1 9th Ed) Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 3
C How to state that Calibration Services & Equipment are Traceable to NIST General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
A No Uncertainty Listed on Calibration Certificate: Is it traceable calibration? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
2 TS 16949 Cl. 7.6.3.1 - Internal Calibration Procedure not Traceable to ASTM, EN etc. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 20
N International / Traceable Standards - Procedures for Calipers, Micrometers, Etc. ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
G Where to get a NIST Traceable Master Glass Refractive Index Sample General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
D Identification and Traceability 7.5.3 - What is considered Traceable? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
M Measurement Standards Traceable to International or National Measurement Standards AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
G Conducting a Bias Study for a CMM with no Traceable Master or Reference value Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
B NIST Traceable Thermometer Uncertainty Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 5
Q Using Traceable Standards - AIAG MSA Manual Chapter II, Section B, 1st bullet Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
Marc Traceable Standards - The Kilogram General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
R Does being traceable to NIST meet the requirements of ISO standards? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 16
T ISO 9001:2008 7.6 (traceable to international or national measurement standards)? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 22
W Laboratory Scope - Clause 7.6.3.1 - Traceable to relevant standards - Surface texture General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
R Validation of A Procedure for Calibrating Dial Calipers using Traceable Gauge Blocks General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
R NIST - Primary Standard - Traceable to what? What exactly does that imply? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
A Uncertainties indicated with an asterisk are traceable, but not UKAS Accredited General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
P Personal Gages - Do they have to be calibrated and traceable? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
G Calibration of "Master Parts" Used as Gauges Calibration Frequency (Interval) 5
R Calibration lab environmental monitoring General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
G Calibration of Rotronic probe but not digital readout? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
F Standard Calibration Procedures: Recommended Practice ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
T Temperature Requirements For In House Calibration - AS9100 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 16
B Gage calibration frequency, ISO and IATF - What are the requirements Calibration Frequency (Interval) 3
Crimpshrine13 Laboratory Scope - Calibration vs. Test Methods - IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Crimpshrine13 Calibration of pH Meter Probe Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 2
F ESD workbench "calibration" Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
C Correct Calibration Method for Dial Depth Gage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
G Tool tracebility and First calibration requirements for aerospace (AS9100) organisation AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
D Calibration of Digital thermometer with surface probe General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
T Calibration or Verification -> Cm and Cmk, etc. Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 3
G Is repeatability required for equipment calibration? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
was named killer AS 9100D - Calibration Instructions - Controlled documents? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
B Photovoltaic Tester Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
B Temperature loop: partial calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
G Glass scale calibration at 74 degrees F? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
A Digital Timer Calibration Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
Ron Rompen Barcode Verifier Calibration and Use Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 5
S Is Optical Parallel Set required calibration? ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
A Calibration of Power Supplies AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
D Calibration Process Flow Map Example Wanted General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
M Calibration or Verification? What terminology to use ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
N Calibration Requirements for Production Equipment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
S Calibration Equipment Selection General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
D Sample Calibration SOP for ISO 13485 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4