Tracking changes in ISO Standards

I

ISOinquirer

Hello,

I'm trying to determine the changes to a number of ISO standards to determine what changes we need to comply to. Is there a service that provides a list of changes? If not, how can I go about determining what has changed between the previous
version of these standards and the current version?

Thanks!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marcelo

Inactive Registered Visitor
I don?t know of any services like this. The only ways I see to perform such an action is to buy and compare the standards, or to participate in the development of the standards.

There are businesses which will inventory your various standards and, for a fee, keep you notified of changes. I can't find a specific example, but I'd sure if you Google "standards updating services" or similar, you'll find something.

planB

Trusted Information Resource
Services (and I am affiliated to none of these) like

usually contain only information _that_ a standard has changed, not _what_ has changed in particular.

Sometimes, googling may help (example for recent biocompatibility updates), but more often, - as Marcelo pointed out, you have to compare the two standards side-by-side. If their structure does not differ to much, you can try extracting the plain text from both standard versions, save and compare them e.g. in Microsoft Word and have the differences highlighted in the "Track changes" mode, or open-source programmes like winmerge.

HTH,

Gerhard

I

ISOinquirer

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for the response! It's too bad there isn't a service that can do this for you.

Marcelo

Inactive Registered Visitor
I?ve never used those services, but I really doubt they really make a throughout comparison of every small change, enough to be of help when using the standard in practice (that?s what I think the OP wants).. The ones I?ve seen only commented generally on differences.

I?ve never used those services, but I really doubt they really make a throughout comparison of every small change, enough to be of help when using the standard in practice (that?s what I think the OP wants).. The ones I've seen only commented generally on differences.
True - someone has to do the "leg work" and only the organisation knows what they need to do to comply...

planB

Trusted Information Resource
Andy,

this sounds interesting!

SAI's website says

"[...] you automatically receive a sequential notification whenever any of your Standards are revised or cancelled."

While this sounds like a "simple" update service, they actually provide also content changes like red-line versions or similar summaries? Would you have a screenshot at hand of what SAI actually provides, maybe disguised/blurred for copyright reasons?

Thanks a bunch,

Gerhard

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Tracking Protoype Changes; 8D or simple document revision? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
J Designing new gauge tracking software IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
Q 21 CFR 821 Medical Device Tracking 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
Q Tracking Procedure Revisions (Document Control) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
samer Acceptable limits for Spills - Tracking Hydraulic Spills ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 3
M Standards Subscription Service and Standards Tracking Service Pros and Cons? Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
GreatNate Excel PPAP Tracking templates or tool wanted APQP and PPAP 1
R Software change control process and defect tracking ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S Tracking laptop movement inside the office IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 7
I Corrective Action Tracking for Product and Process in the same system? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
J Training Record Template and tracking Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
S Help me build an Excel Spreadsheet for tracking training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 14
Q Tracking savings - Long term projects and the day to day decisions Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 5
J Tracking-Calibration Software Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 3
A Order Confirmations 7.4 - Tracking Purchase Order Confirmations from Suppliers AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
M Tracking External Oversight at a large Naval Shipyard Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 9
J Using a Rhode FSH6 Tracking Generator General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
D Gage Calibration Tracking in MS Excel Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 9
A Tracking Calibration and Qualification in an MS Excel Spreadsheet Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 6
kmyers Processing Time Tracking Software Program Help Needed Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
C Reagent tracking in an ISO 17025 laboratory ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
J Software and Methods for Tracking CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) items US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
N What is the Cost of Tracking Non-Conforming Product Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
P Need suggestion on Software or App for Tracking Quality Plan Status Software Quality Assurance 1
A Ensuring Tooling Use Tracking and Traceability AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
D Tracking response time with individual label I.D. Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
G Tracking Employee Training Software Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 7
B Need help tracking training for my business Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 3
K Fast Response Tracking Board (QSB+) Customer and Company Specific Requirements 6
L OTD (On Time Delivery) Tracking and Reporting Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 13
J Tracking and Traceability of Finished Goods ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
S ISO9001:2008 - Effectiveness Tracking for Nonconformance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
A Identifying and Tracking Customer Specific Requirements Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
S Presentation for tracking Quality Objectives across sites Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 3
Marc Does this browser make me look fat? Opting out of tracking ads After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 1
S Internal Quality Audit Tracking Sheet with Auto Report Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 1
B How to begin tracking FPY (First Pass Yield) and "Downtime" tracking Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
C Medical Device Tracking Sampling Plan using MIL-STD-105E Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
R Tracking Corrective Actions using an Excel sheet Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 7
V Tracking PPAP On Time Completion using Excel Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 1
M Tracking New ISO Document Releases Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
C Tracking Spills as an Environmental Aspect Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 7
D Gage Tracking Systems - Infinity's QS GTS System and Retired Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
N Please Review My Tracking System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
T Tracking Medical Device Components for Recalls Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
Ronen E CDRH Export Certification and Tracking System launched Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
M Tracking Preventive Maintenance Effectively Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
Q Tracking Log for IP during Design Control Process Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
S Tracking Ownership of QMS Documents ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
N Looking For Excel Template for Tracking & Trending Rejections Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 7