Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Tracking changes in ISO Standards

I

ISOinquirer

Hello,

I'm trying to determine the changes to a number of ISO standards to determine what changes we need to comply to. Is there a service that provides a list of changes? If not, how can I go about determining what has changed between the previous
version of these standards and the current version?

Thanks!

I don?t know of any services like this. The only ways I see to perform such an action is to buy and compare the standards, or to participate in the development of the standards.

There are businesses which will inventory your various standards and, for a fee, keep you notified of changes. I can't find a specific example, but I'd sure if you Google "standards updating services" or similar, you'll find something.

Services (and I am affiliated to none of these) like

usually contain only information _that_ a standard has changed, not _what_ has changed in particular.

Sometimes, googling may help (example for recent biocompatibility updates), but more often, - as Marcelo pointed out, you have to compare the two standards side-by-side. If their structure does not differ to much, you can try extracting the plain text from both standard versions, save and compare them e.g. in Microsoft Word and have the differences highlighted in the "Track changes" mode, or open-source programmes like winmerge.

HTH,

Gerhard

I

ISOinquirer

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for the response! It's too bad there isn't a service that can do this for you.

I?ve never used those services, but I really doubt they really make a throughout comparison of every small change, enough to be of help when using the standard in practice (that?s what I think the OP wants).. The ones I?ve seen only commented generally on differences.

I?ve never used those services, but I really doubt they really make a throughout comparison of every small change, enough to be of help when using the standard in practice (that?s what I think the OP wants).. The ones I've seen only commented generally on differences.
True - someone has to do the "leg work" and only the organisation knows what they need to do to comply...

Andy,

this sounds interesting!

SAI's website says

"[...] you automatically receive a sequential notification whenever any of your Standards are revised or cancelled."

While this sounds like a "simple" update service, they actually provide also content changes like red-line versions or similar summaries? Would you have a screenshot at hand of what SAI actually provides, maybe disguised/blurred for copyright reasons?

Thanks a bunch,

Gerhard

Top Bottom