Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Tracking Employee Training Software

G

Griff23

Hello Everyone,

We have about 90 employees and I'm looking for a cost effective software solution to keeping track of employee training. We currently use Excel spreadsheets and binders, very outdated and time consuming. I would like reporting, e-mail alerts, employee evaluation and the ability to upload training documentation.

The plan for our corporate office is to role out something for this in the next 3 to 4 years. So, I need something to get us by for a few of years and would like it to be standalone software, not cloud based (to expensive for a temporary fix).

Any suggestions?

Thank you
Griff23

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Griff23,

If you scroll down to the bottom of the screen, you will find some related threads to this topic.

If the corporate office is rolling something out in the next few years, it may not be worth the time and effort to learn a new software.

You could perhaps bring in a student who excels at Excel :cool: and who can create conditional formatting and easy ways to see who knows what and what training is due or expired. It probably won't allow for auto-email functionality, but with proper filtering, screen shots or images of training issues could be inserted into emails for people to take action on.

S

Sartaj Bedi

Hello Everyone,

We have about 90 employees and I'm looking for a cost effective software solution to keeping track of employee training. We currently use Excel spreadsheets and binders, very outdated and time consuming. I would like reporting, e-mail alerts, employee evaluation and the ability to upload training documentation.

The plan for our corporate office is to role out something for this in the next 3 to 4 years. So, I need something to get us by for a few of years and would like it to be standalone software, not cloud based (to expensive for a temporary fix).

Any suggestions?

Thank you
Griff23
Hi,
You can try Sunday Business System. Its access based software. You can got their site at http://www.sundaybizsys.com/.
alternatively, you can consider a manual system.

Maintain a file for every position
For every position you need to have training requirements.
Have one page per employee to record training against requirements. and evaluations, dates etc.

For a cost effective solution, I would suggest you utilise the software you already have and implement a simplified process.

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Considering the Original Poster has not logged in to the Cove since September 2014 :( , we can probably presume that our responses are not being read by him/her.

That's not to say that they won't be of value to another Cove member.

C

Charles1992

There is no need to use standalone software. They are not effective when compared to web applications. By using an online training software like Skyprep, you can track employee training and their performance. Most of these softwares have built in tracking and measuring features. I would say that it is not costly as that of purchasing a standalone software.

Top Bottom