Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Tracking Protoype Changes; 8D or simple document revision?

ISO_Man

Involved In Discussions
I have a question from the engineering team on whether changes to a prototype (after back and forth with the client) should be tracked with an 8D/corrective action or simply an update to drawings/documents related to the product? Any experience or thoughts on this?

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Is the back and forth because of a problem on your end or theirs? Or is it in developmental stages, and you're trying to keep track of revisions?

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don't use our corrective action process unless there is a problem that I want to prevent from happening again and requires root cause investigation.

I would update drawings/documents and keep track of the revisions. What kind of change notifications are you receiving from your customer? I would try to link the change notification (doc #, email date, ECR #, whatever it is) to the drawing/document revisions.

ISO_Man

Involved In Discussions
I don't use our corrective action process unless there is a problem that I want to prevent from happening again and requires root cause investigation.

I would update drawings/documents and keep track of the revisions. What kind of change notifications are you receiving from your customer? I would try to link the change notification (doc #, email date, ECR #, whatever it is) to the drawing/document revisions.
Thanks - that's a very useful answer.

Top Bottom