Definition Traffic Cycle and Chart Deck Story - Terms related to Quality Management

Y

Yarik

Hello everyone!

By any chance, did anyone ever hear such terms as traffic cycle and chart deck story, in context of quality management/control, possibly specific to telecom industry?

I encountered these terms in a message from our customer's representative while discussing some quality-related matters and I have no idea what they mean. Searching/googling Elsmar Cove and beyond did not bring any results.

:confused:

Just in case, here is how those terms appear in the customer's message:

Traffic cycle you are comfortable with, certifying the cards?

If you have a chart deck story would appreciate seeing it.
Thank you,
Yarik

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Hello everyone!

By any chance, did anyone ever hear such terms as traffic cycle and chart deck story, in context of quality management/control, possibly specific to telecom industry?

I encountered these terms in a message from our customer's representative while discussing some quality-related matters and I have no idea what they mean. Searching/googling Elsmar Cove and beyond did not bring any results.

:confused:

Just in case, here is how those terms appear in the customer's message:

Thank you,
Yarik
We should need more details.
What are "cards"?
Traffic cycle could be related to band width of information/signal you process.
Desk chart could be if you charge/upload problems on a chart of something (SPC) to analys a trend.
Which kind of service you provide?:bigwave:

PS: suggestion is to clarify the meaning with customer because i think this is acustmer requirment and you are monited in customer satisfaction

Last edited:
Y

Yarik

Hello qusys and thank you for the response!

We work on the secondary market of telecom equipment: when our customers need some products (e.g. a circuit board) and cannot buy those products in brand new condition (e.g. when the products are discontinued by their manufacturers), we buy those products from those users who do not need them anymore, we inspect/test those products and finally sell them to our customers.

"Card" is the industry's lingo for "circuit boards".

Most of the cards we deal with do, indeed, have bandwith as one of their characteristics. But I am still confused by the "traffic cycle" term in that context.

Desk chart could be if you charge/upload problems on a chart of something (SPC) to analys a trend.
What is "SPC"? Also I am wondering if we still are talking about the same concept because the customer said deck chart and you said desk chart.

BTW, the specific customer in question is not our typical customer (not an end-user and not another supplier). Here we are dealing with a manufacturer who need to buy their own products on secondary market. That is probably why some of their terminology us totally new to us. It could be their company's internal lingo for all I know.

Just wanted to give this great community a shot before giving up and asking the customer. :)

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Hello qusys and thank you for the response!

We work on the secondary market of telecom equipment: when our customers need some products (e.g. a circuit board) and cannot buy those products in brand new condition (e.g. when the products are discontinued by their manufacturers), we buy those products from those users who do not need them anymore, we inspect/test those products and finally sell them to our customers.

"Card" is the industry's lingo for "circuit boards".

Most of the cards we deal with do, indeed, have bandwith as one of their characteristics. But I am still confused by the "traffic cycle" term in that context.

What is "SPC"? Also I am wondering if we still are talking about the same concept because the customer said deck chart and you said desk chart.

BTW, the specific customer in question is not our typical customer (not an end-user and not another supplier). Here we are dealing with a manufacturer who need to buy their own products on secondary market. That is probably why some of their terminology us totally new to us. It could be their company's internal lingo for all I know.

Just wanted to give this great community a shot before giving up and asking the customer. :)
pardon , I was wrong in interpretation and writing for deck chart story.
SPC stands for statistical process control .
I would argue that these concept could be linked to the prior usage of these circuits, given that you re-sell them, they want to be safe that they are in good condition. Please ask them and let us know.:bigwave:

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Staff member
Super Moderator
these are unusual terms and may be customer specific - I woudl definitely ask them as most of us would just be guessing - very difficult especially without the notext fo how these were requested. What is/are the full sentence where these terms appear?

A couple of wild guesses just for the fun of it:

Since you are in telecom traffic cycle may be a measure of how the board handles high and low 'phone traffic'? or what it's traffic is rated at?

Chart deck is a term used by a few to refer to a document - usually powerpoint - that has multiple charts showing some predetermined performance charts.

Y

Yarik

Thank you guys so much for all the input!

The "traffic cycle" term does seem to be either from telecom vocabulary or from secondary market vocabulary (or both :rolleyes:). We will ask the customer to clarify, and I will post the result.

The "chart deck" term indeed sounds like another name for an executive-level presentation. We will clarify that with the customer, too. Just in case. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y Statistical Analysis of Road Traffic Data Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 11
F ISO 39001 - Road Traffic Safety Management Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 6
AnaMariaVR2 Car Talk Traffic Tickets Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 1
Icy Mountain Combining ISO9001 and ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
AnaMariaVR2 24hr Worldwide Air Traffic Simulation Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 0
W ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) Minimum Requirements or Shalls Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 10
S I need an ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) form for my vendors Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 17
D ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) information AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
C ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) and EAR Training Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
C ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) requirements Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 7
S ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) - Export control procedure. Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 11
Stijloor No Traffic Jams Anymore - My Favorite Bank Card Ad. Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
P Traffic, Distribution, Imports - Reducing Cost, Traffic Process Manufacturing and Related Processes 28
Stijloor Comcast Blocks some Internet Traffic After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 7
Marc Real Time Vehicle Traffic on Yahoo Maps! After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 8
C Traffic Accidents and Presidents Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 17
Q News cradle to grave - Product life cycle ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 5
K PDCA cycle and ISO processes alternative model Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
E Any sample of a full software life cycle IEC 62304 report ( any class )? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
J Calibration cycle for monitoring & measuring tools used in medical device manufacturing General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
M Lean: Conducting Capacity Study, calculating Cycle times on laser cutting machines Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
J Should Loading and Unloading be Included in Cycle Times? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 14
J Scope of ISO 9001 clause 10.2 in the product life cycle ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
K Product (Device) Life cycle - Product Life AFTER the Post Market Phase Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
Y Commanded life cycle management tool IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
M Setting deadlines (ex. 45 days) for Document Registration & Review Cycle Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
M Informational Draft ANSM’S GUIDELINE Cybersecurity of medical devices integrating software during their life cycle Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Q ISO 14001:2015 accredited but import most product - CB Raised minor NC on Life Cycle Perspective ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
qualprod Calculate number of people in processes, considering cycle time/takt time = quantity of people Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 9
qualprod Cycle times, value stream mapping, inventory, average values? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
qualprod Criteria for print shop - How do you consider the cycle time in a print shop? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 21
M PDCA cycle - Process mapping - Environmental ISO 14001 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1
R ISO 13485:2016 Registration - NC on full cycle of internal audits ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
J Manufacturing Cycle Time Apps General Information Resources 2
R ISO 14001:2015 Life Cycle Perspective ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 11
R Product life cycle and compliance obligation ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 6
R Life Cycle Assessment of a Product Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
Z Understanding Cycle Time - Why the time of the other activities are left out Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 11
P ISO 14001:2015 and Life Cycle Assessment ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 18
O Is a full Internal Audit cycle every year required? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
A Quality system vs SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) (or ALM)? Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
S Product Bio-burden Limits and Sublethal Cycle Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
A Stuck at 'Analyse' stage of DMAIC Improvement Cycle on Cosmetic Specification Manufacturing and Related Processes 10
B Number of Biological Indicators for Routine Monitoring of ETO Sterilization Cycle Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 8
M Revision of ISO 16142 - Clause on use of standards in the medical device life-cycle Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
S Fractional cycle fail in Eto sterilization validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
D QMS 1st Cycle - Indicators and Data ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
2 Complete Cycle for Complaint Process - Idea Searching Customer Complaints 7
K Task and Sub Tasks of Software Life Cycle Phase Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
A Understanding adoption of a product to an existing Sterilization Cycle Other US Medical Device Regulations 1