Training Effectiveness TS 16949 Clause 6.2.2c

M

Miss Tina

I am the TS 16949 Manager at my company. :bigwave: The previous manager set up written tests for all of our procedures as a way of proving training effectiveness. I do not feel these are an effective way of proving training effectiveness. I lean more towards the personal development plans and operator performance appraisals which include a training needs assessment. I would like to eliminate these tests but I've been told they were in answer to a finding by an external auditor. I've reviewed old posts on the subject and think at that time, people agreed yearly reviews were acceptable.
Can you share how your companies measure training effectiveness &/or your opinion on how this is best accomplished. Thank you!!

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
I agree with you -- reviews and such are better than "tests." You may want to pull the old finding and see what really happened. Tests may have just been the "easy" way out. If it was a while ago, you may have good justification for getting rid of the tests.

M

Miss Tina

Thanks for weighing in! I searched through our CAR database & cannot find where we were actually cited, so perhaps the word of mouth is mistaken.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Thanks for weighing in! I searched through our CAR database & cannot find where we were actually cited, so perhaps the word of mouth is mistaken.

Then it could have been one of those lazy auditor "suggestions." Much easier for them to verify "effectiveness" from a test score.

C

cabjerk

I'm running into the same issue. Some of the procedures have had tests added to the last few pages. But no answer page anywhere I could find. The company I'm with is a 13485. Is an email reply statement with "I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understood all the information in the document XXXX-ZZZZZZ" good enough? I was looking to send out the original email with the procedure attached. Feedback?

M

Miss Tina

My Doc Coordinator will send out an email with an approval button for procedure or work instruction changes. Also included is a training sign off sheet in case the doc owner or other person on the distribution needs to train people in their department. These training sheets are sent to HR for keeping. I don't think this really satisfies the effectiveness piece. I think that still falls under if someone is performing appropriately, whether that's through a review or an observation, I think depends on the type of training.

Top Bottom