Training Effectiveness TS 16949 Clause 6.2.2c

I am the TS 16949 Manager at my company. :bigwave: The previous manager set up written tests for all of our procedures as a way of proving training effectiveness. I do not feel these are an effective way of proving training effectiveness. I lean more towards the personal development plans and operator performance appraisals which include a training needs assessment. I would like to eliminate these tests but I've been told they were in answer to a finding by an external auditor. I've reviewed old posts on the subject and think at that time, people agreed yearly reviews were acceptable.
Can you share how your companies measure training effectiveness &/or your opinion on how this is best accomplished. Thank you!!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
I agree with you -- reviews and such are better than "tests." You may want to pull the old finding and see what really happened. Tests may have just been the "easy" way out. If it was a while ago, you may have good justification for getting rid of the tests.

Thanks for weighing in! I searched through our CAR database & cannot find where we were actually cited, so perhaps the word of mouth is mistaken.

cabjerk

Starting to get Involved
I'm running into the same issue. Some of the procedures have had tests added to the last few pages. But no answer page anywhere I could find. The company I'm with is a 13485. Is an email reply statement with "I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understood all the information in the document XXXX-ZZZZZZ" good enough? I was looking to send out the original email with the procedure attached. Feedback?

My Doc Coordinator will send out an email with an approval button for procedure or work instruction changes. Also included is a training sign off sheet in case the doc owner or other person on the distribution needs to train people in their department. These training sheets are sent to HR for keeping. I don't think this really satisfies the effectiveness piece. I think that still falls under if someone is performing appropriately, whether that's through a review or an observation, I think depends on the type of training.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Verifying training effectiveness for procedure changes ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S What are some ways to demonstrate Effectiveness of Training? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 29
R Documenting Self-Training and Effectiveness - ISO 13485:2016 Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
Colin Effectiveness of IRCA Registered Training ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 4
S How to Monitor Training Effectiveness Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 13
Q Third Party Audit Nonconformance for Training effectiveness IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 20
M Effectiveness of Read-Only Training for Procedures Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
S Training Efficiency Assessment - Evaluate the Effectiveness (Clause 6.2.2 c) Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
M How To Measure Training Effectiveness Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 8
D How to Measure QSR Training Effectiveness? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
somashekar Training Effectiveness across Participants ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
J Effectiveness of training? How to Measure Training Effectiveness Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 51
S How to show that policies are properly communicated & Training Effectiveness ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
C Education vs. Training - Training effectiveness program ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
A Effectiveness of Training... micro or macro? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 29
J Information regarding Competence and Effectiveness of Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 18
S Evaulation of Operator and Staff Training Effectiveness Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 10
R Training Competency Verification - NCR related to Training Effectiveness Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
S AS9100 - 6.2.2 - Effectiveness of training? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
S Evidence of Effectiveness of OJT (On the Job Training) - ISO 9001 Clause 6.2.2 Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 24
R Need some information on Training Effectiveness Assessment Form Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
R 13485 6.2.2 c) "evaluate the effectiveness of the actions taken" (training) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
R APQP and Core Tools Training how to Determine the Effectiveness of Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 10
S How do you evaluate effectiveness of training ISO9001 Section 6.2.2.c? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 12
M Training effectiveness measurement - 6.2.2 Competence, awareness and training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 9
B Training Effectiveness Evaluation - Different Styles - In-House and External Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 21
Raffy How can I demonstrate evidence and effectiveness of Corrective Action Training Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
M ISO 9001:2000 - Evaluating Training Effectiveness and Why ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
N Training Competency and Effectiveness Documentation Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 27
Raffy How do I measure Measuring Training Effectiveness? Performance evaluation? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 26
SteelMaiden Documenting Competency and Effectiveness of Training Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
C Training Effectiveness: Simple format for supervisors to track and evaluate training Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
G Evaluating Training Effectiveness - 6.2.2 Competence, Awareness and Training ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 55
S Measuring Training Effectiveness - How do you measure Effectiveness? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 50
Anonymous16-2 Labelling Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
J Recommendations for online ISO 19011 training? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
J Looking for a training organization that can provide in house DFMEA training FMEA and Control Plans 4
A AS9100 Training - Where do I start? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
R What's the major difference between Green Belt and Black Belt in term of training and project Six Sigma 3
S ISO 13485 Lead Auditor - Debate between our Quality Team and Regulatory Auditor - Internal Auditor Training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 17
I Where can I beg, steal (just kidding of course) or borrow good training material on the ISO 9001:2015 standard? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
JAMESH Building a "Lean" Job Shop Training Program Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
I Does training have to be written? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
I Root Cause Analysis as Training ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
Q Regulations for Medical Device Kit for Training Personnel? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
S Can we provide training plan as corrective action for IATF 16949 Non conformity? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
S IRCA Lead Auditor training and Exam tips Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
N ... and some have greatness thrust upon them - Training for novice QA manager ? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
C Looking for APQP Training recommendations preferably in the aerospace industry APQP and PPAP 2
B VDA 6.3 Qualification as Process Auditor training course and exam VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0