Training Matrix for Document revisions

racglobal

Involved In Discussions
Hi everyone,

I work at a small company and would like to develop a training program for the small that we have. While I have a training matrix that lists out the requirements for each fucntion (e.g. which QMS processes they must be trained on). I can check off people's training at least fort the first time they are trained. Two questions:

- What about for document revisions? How do I keep track of people's training for each revision of the document (I would make them do read-only training but still there has to be a way keep track of their training for the revisions. I would like to have the least cumbersome way to develop this matrix.

- Instead of having people sign training record for every updated SOP for which they do read-only training, can they just keep track of training on this company-wide matrix?

Thanks very much.

Your training matrix should include revisions and individuals. Every time a document revises, the training matrix gets updated.

I would strongly discourage you from keeping track of training in an electronic matrix only. You would have to validate your matrix and show how you protect it from loss. Also, training records usually have signatures to indicate the individual confirms the training. How would you have the equivalent of a signature in a a matrix alone? As an alternative, you could have an ongoing training log for read-only training. Another alternative would be that all employees required to train to the document sign the document change/initiation/approval record. Hope that helps.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Good day racglobal,

How many people are we discussing? What do you use for your email? I have clients that log their having read and understood document changes by using the voting button option in Outlook, and attaching the updated document in a mass emailing.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Jen are you agree that both methods don't ensure people is properly trained in the documents?
That is correct. In my experience, most document revisions do not get followed up with actual training, but personnel acknowledging they have read and understand the changes being regarded is considered to be enough. Doing more would be considered appropriate for high risk and/or regulated procedures and tasks.

Top Bottom