Training Matrix for Document revisions

racglobal

Involved In Discussions
Hi everyone,

I work at a small company and would like to develop a training program for the small that we have. While I have a training matrix that lists out the requirements for each fucntion (e.g. which QMS processes they must be trained on). I can check off people's training at least fort the first time they are trained. Two questions:

- What about for document revisions? How do I keep track of people's training for each revision of the document (I would make them do read-only training but still there has to be a way keep track of their training for the revisions. I would like to have the least cumbersome way to develop this matrix.

- Instead of having people sign training record for every updated SOP for which they do read-only training, can they just keep track of training on this company-wide matrix?

Thanks very much.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

indubioush

Quite Involved in Discussions
Your training matrix should include revisions and individuals. Every time a document revises, the training matrix gets updated.

I would strongly discourage you from keeping track of training in an electronic matrix only. You would have to validate your matrix and show how you protect it from loss. Also, training records usually have signatures to indicate the individual confirms the training. How would you have the equivalent of a signature in a a matrix alone? As an alternative, you could have an ongoing training log for read-only training. Another alternative would be that all employees required to train to the document sign the document change/initiation/approval record. Hope that helps.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
Jen are you agree that both methods don't ensure people is properly trained in the documents?
That is correct. In my experience, most document revisions do not get followed up with actual training, but personnel acknowledging they have read and understand the changes being regarded is considered to be enough. Doing more would be considered appropriate for high risk and/or regulated procedures and tasks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Training Qualification Matrix for ISO 9001:2015 Audit General Auditing Discussions 8
Q Simple and effective way to maintain Training Matrix ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
R Training Matrix Need to Be Proceduralized? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S Employee Training Matrix - Keeping track of employee training on various SOPs ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
P Work Area (Production Shop Floor) Training Matrix Requirements Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
S Training Matrix Dilemma Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 2
S Regulatory Affairs Training Matrix Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
D ISO 9001 Clause 6.2.2 - Training Records, a Job Skills Matrix and Job Descriptions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 28
1 Training Matrix for Quality Engineer and Quality Liaison personnel Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
J Training Matrix Requirements - ESA & Internal Frozen Process Control Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
S Excel Training Matrix wanted - Moving employee training info from Access to Excel Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 11
G MS Access format Training Matrix Needed Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 12
I Skill Matrix Format as a Tool to Identify Training Needs Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
Anerol C Is a Training Matrix Enough to cover ISO requirements? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 47
GStough Should a Training Matrix Be Approved Into the QMS? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 9
Q Training Matrix - Job Class vs. Process Instructions - ISO 13485 Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
Q Training Matrix in Excel or maybe an Access database Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 1
B Training Record Matrix Macros in Excel .xls spreadsheet Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 11
F Training Matrix - Skills based matrix within an Investment Foundry Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
M Controlled company training matrix for ISO 9001 that identifies every position Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 12
Anonymous16-2 Labelling Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
J Recommendations for online ISO 19011 training? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
J Looking for a training organization that can provide in house DFMEA training FMEA and Control Plans 4
A AS9100 Training - Where do I start? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
R What's the major difference between Green Belt and Black Belt in term of training and project Six Sigma 3
S ISO 13485 Lead Auditor - Debate between our Quality Team and Regulatory Auditor - Internal Auditor Training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 17
I Where can I beg, steal (just kidding of course) or borrow good training material on the ISO 9001:2015 standard? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
JAMESH Building a "Lean" Job Shop Training Program Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
I Does training have to be written? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
I Root Cause Analysis as Training ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
Q Regulations for Medical Device Kit for Training Personnel? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
S Can we provide training plan as corrective action for IATF 16949 Non conformity? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
S IRCA Lead Auditor training and Exam tips Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
N ... and some have greatness thrust upon them - Training for novice QA manager ? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
C Looking for APQP Training recommendations preferably in the aerospace industry APQP and PPAP 2
B VDA 6.3 Qualification as Process Auditor training course and exam VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0
L Hazardous Waste - Tips for creating standardized training Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 2
R ISO 13485 QMS Implementation Training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
R How to keep track of employee read-only training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
I "On the job training" as a response to how someone was trained? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 75
J Getting training either from ASQ or from SAI Global - ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
I Date of Quality Management System - Training Records ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
R ISO 13485 and QMS related concepts Training - Small medical device startup company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
I Training records and "grandfather" clauses ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S Education authority requires approval of all courses - Training services provider ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
S ISO 9001 Clause 8.3 - Design & Development for training course center ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
M ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) Training Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
S Is Annual QMS Training Required? ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
D ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audit Training Advice Internal Auditing 10
C Recommendations for UK-based ISO 13485 internal auditor training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1