Training Matrix Software

Quality_Goblin

Starting to get Involved
Does anyone use a Training Matrix Software? I would absolutely love to get away from using Excel and managing training requirements manually. I am looking for something where I can input all employee data and required trainings that will help me create training plans so I can coordinate with managers and leads on the trainings they need to do for their departments and when they need to be completed.

Most of our trainings require in-person or hands-on demos so I don't necessarily need the trainings to be computer based via the Software platform (like an LMS) but need it more to track the completion of the training itself.

I was looking at AG5 (Training coordinator - AG5). Has anyone used this before? What other software can you recommend?

We are a machine shop with about 150 employees split between two locations coast to coast in the USA and I am the sole training coordinator. I would really like something more streamlined and automated. Thanks for the help!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Zero_yield

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
We use Veeva. It's not perfect by any means, but it's miles better than spreadsheets. Most of the issues I've seen have to do with being part of a larger company (the location I work at has 500+ associates), so it may work even better for a smaller group. We use their integrated document management system with their training software.

The two relatively regular complaints I hear about it from our Training people are that any change to a document, no matter how small, requires training everyone who has that document in their training program. Not sure how that works if you don't use the document management side of the software. Also, some reports take a long time to run (but again, the root cause could be the large number of people and enormous number of documents).

Edit: Also, I should say that the company has made several fixes to accommodate our needs. I don't work with the training side of it as much, but I do appreciate a company that makes software for quality management systems being able to continuously improve.

Hi, I use to have: "Petra". Personal feelings: very good; from business point of view cheap and enough SW for middle sized organization.
You can find them on: thielen.biz

PETRA is a software package for companies to track the level of knowledge acquired by employees. Businesses can use PETRA to assess employee qualifications and plan for future training needs. PETRA software meets the requirements of ISO 9001: 2015 and IATF 16 949: 2016

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Training Matrix for Document revisions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
Z Training Qualification Matrix for ISO 9001:2015 Audit General Auditing Discussions 8
Q Simple and effective way to maintain Training Matrix ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
R Training Matrix Need to Be Proceduralized? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S Employee Training Matrix - Keeping track of employee training on various SOPs ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
P Work Area (Production Shop Floor) Training Matrix Requirements Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
S Training Matrix Dilemma Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 2
S Regulatory Affairs Training Matrix Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
D ISO 9001 Clause 6.2.2 - Training Records, a Job Skills Matrix and Job Descriptions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 31
1 Training Matrix for Quality Engineer and Quality Liaison personnel Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
J Training Matrix Requirements - ESA & Internal Frozen Process Control Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
S Excel Training Matrix wanted - Moving employee training info from Access to Excel Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 11
G MS Access format Training Matrix Needed Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 12
I Skill Matrix Format as a Tool to Identify Training Needs Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
Anerol C Is a Training Matrix Enough to cover ISO requirements? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 47
GStough Should a Training Matrix Be Approved Into the QMS? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 9
Q Training Matrix - Job Class vs. Process Instructions - ISO 13485 Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
Q Training Matrix in Excel or maybe an Access database Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 1
B Training Record Matrix Macros in Excel .xls spreadsheet Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 11
F Training Matrix - Skills based matrix within an Investment Foundry Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
M Controlled company training matrix for ISO 9001 that identifies every position Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 12
B PMA Training/Educational Opportunity US Medical Device Regulations 1
K Best Internal Auditor Training Internal Auditing 18
R How to Assess Online/eBook Training Effectiveness ? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
S ISO 13485 certification training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
S AS9120 - New Internal Auditor Training requirement? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
M English Language training on MHLW MO169? Japan Medical Device Regulations 1
M On-demand EU MDR Compliance toolkit with online training courses, templates & document management system Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
Sam.F Question about training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 20
Q Onboarding and Training Checklist Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
G Any training material on the 1-10-100 rule? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
Sam.F Anyone knows velocity 360 training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 11
Q Safety Training Program Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
R ISO 17025 Lead Assessor Training ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
A New to QMS and regulatory... advice on training/certification? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
T Counterfeit parts training AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
Anerol C FMEA workshop training South of Texas FMEA and Control Plans 0
Anerol C FMEA Training for South Texas Service Industry Specific Topics 0
N What quality training do you suggest? Manufacturing and Related Processes 14
Q Lead Auditor Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 31
S Training in D&D for engineers with no medical device experience Design and Development of Products and Processes 8
CPhelan Optimizing Training Review Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
Q Documenting Effectiveness of Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 14
J Old procedure review and training requirements Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
P Have you purchased training materials from the 13485store.com? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
Q Training For Temps Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
S Training for PRRC (person responsible for regulatory compliance) EU Medical Device Regulations 3
T IAQG Approved Training Providers vs. Probitas Authentication Approved Training Providers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
C Training for Manufacturing Nonconformances and CAPS with focus on the wording Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
H Product Safety & Conformity Representative (PSCR) Training Company IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0