Training of Internal Quality Auditors - Over all the aspects of ISO10011 Parts 1 & 2?

G
Dear Friends,
I am going to conduct an In-house- Internal Quality Auditor's Training. How to go about it? Does one has to cover all the aspects of ISO1011 Parts 1 & 2?. Or is there a simple way. After all this forum has views expressed that the internal audits are to confirm effectiveness of the Quality System and not of ISo9002:1994.
Any one can help me to develop a six hours ( that is max one get from the departments) course and if so, what shall I cover?

Come on folks you are all Learned Ones of the Lord ISO9000.

HELP!

Ghai

------------------

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
6 hours.....hhhhmmmmm

Start with the principals..why, value added stuff..just for an intro....then get into the audit plan. Do an exercise of sorts...maybe a flow chart.....split the group..flow something simple....purchase a car, start a car, prepare a cup of coffee....etc. then also ceate an audit check sheet/plan...one team audits the other. Discuss techniques and reports...then go plan an audit...together. Send them off to perform it. Meet again for a quick discussion the next day to present the report. Another good exercise is the one Marc had about the albatross..its somewhere on the board still...I Imagine. It makes you look for evidence.

just a quick off the cuff.....any specific help needed....just shout

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Barb did an excellent (concise) job of what to do. As far as whether to check against ISO or QS compliance.... There's a lot of heated (in some list-servs) debate about whether internal auditors should be checking for ISO or QS compliance in their audits.

I say no - compliance to ISO or QS should be another function, so to speak.

I'm not sure if anyone is winning this clarified a 'requirement' directly in a 'standard'. So - you can do either (for now). But if you do, you should ensure that the auditors are really qualified to 'judge' ISO or QS compliance.

[This message has been edited by Marc Smith (edited 02-13-99).]

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Marc said:
I say no - compliance to ISO or QS should be another function, so to speak.

I'm not sure if anyone is winning this clarified a 'requirement' directly in a 'standard'. So - you can do either (for now). But if you do, you should ensure that the auditors are really qualified to 'judge' ISO or QS compliance.
I agree. I've always felt that I'm capable (as Mgt. Rep.) to ensure/verify that processes/procedures comply with the standard. This is evident to auditors as I am either the (or one of the) "preparer" or "approver" of all of our level I and II documents. The audit team verifies that practices comply with our established QMS. In preparing our audit reports, we write observations and nonconformances against our own QMS requirements; though I may add references to the ISO standard clause(s) for clarification at times.

I've worked with Entella, PJ, Intertek, and now NSF-ISR and have never had an issue arise as a result of this approach. However, I suppose I could imagine some organizations or situations where this may not work.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S ISO 13485 Lead Auditor - Debate between our Quality Team and Regulatory Auditor - Internal Auditor Training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 17
A Suggestions of Videos for Internal QUALITY Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
B Value adding for Internal Quality Audit training General Auditing Discussions 18
A Internal Auditor training - Recommendations regarding a video on quality auditing Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
SteelMaiden Internal Communications - Quality Systems vs. Six Sigma Training Six Sigma 6
M Fun Quality Stuff - Creating a training plan for new internal auditors Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 28
P Internal Quality Awareness training - Can anybody give me some ideas? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 19
C Internal Quality Auditors Training Requirements General Auditing Discussions 26
D ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audit Training Advice Internal Auditing 10
C Recommendations for UK-based ISO 13485 internal auditor training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
J Your opinion on the better training org for IATF16949 Internal auditor and Lead Auditor IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
A Who champions your internal manufacturing training? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 7
Q Internal Auditor Training requirements for ISO 14001:2015 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 5
E Informational I would like to get some Internal Auditor Training Internal Auditing 31
Q AS 9100D internal auditor training requirements Internal Auditing 16
E Online training for an internal auditor to AS9120B AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
D IATF 16949 - Internal Auditor Training/Certification Requirements Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
Q How to Evaluate Internal Resources for Training ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Casana 2nd Party and Internal Auditor Qualifications & Training IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
B Competency of Trainer for Internal Auditor Training (IATF 16949) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
C ISO 13485:2016 - Internal Auditor Training vs. Lead Auditor Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
J Dinged on Internal Audits for supervising an auditor I was training Internal Auditing 10
V Internal Auditor Training Documents and PPT Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
V Internal Auditor Training Documents and PPT Internal Auditing 3
M ISO 13485 Audit Questions - Internal Auditor Training and other Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
M Questions about AS9100 Internal Auditor Training AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
P Internal Auditor Training - Audit exercises Internal Auditing 5
bgoers PFMEA, Internal Auditing, Corrective Action Training In Native Language (China) Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
D Training Material for Internal Auditor Requirements Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
U TS16949 Internal Auditor Training - Is On-line training OK? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
S TS 16949:2009 Specific Internal Auditor Training Requirements Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
T ISO 9001 Internal Auditing Auditor Training in Amsterdam Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
S Does anyone have any pointers on TS 16949 Internal Auditor Training IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
S How to spice up the Internal Auditor Training IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
Q AS9100 Quiz Questions for Internal Training AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
N Internal Audit of the Training System - Corrective Action Necessary? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 16
D Movie clips for Internal Auditor training Internal Auditing 9
W Is formal training required for Internal Auditors? Internal Auditing 7
R ISO 14001 Internal Auditor Training Requirements ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 7
M Basic Internal Auditor Training Powerpoint File Internal Auditing 26
T Developing an AS9100 Internal Auditor Training Program AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
J Copying pages of the standard for internal audit training classes IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
A Validity of Internal Auditor Certificate/Training Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 14
9 AS9110 Rev A Internal Auditor Training and Qualification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 12
V Depth of Internal Auditing and Training aspects in Research & Development (R & D) Internal Auditing 4
N Good Internal Auditing Training Courses Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 13
J Internal Training of personnel for ISO 13485 Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 12
N Recommend internal auditing training 101 please (Tucson or Phoenix, AZ) Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
pammesue Internal Auditor Training Providers in Tennessee Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
I Internal Audit Training Material Resources ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8