Training Question

Fayne

Registered
In the past we received an corrective action for not having employee completed training on their review. We had records of training, but the auditors stated that it was part of establishing goals and discussing what training they completed and setting goals going forward. I do not see that as a requirement in the standard, as long as we have a records. Does that fall under a different part of the standard?

yodon

Leader
Super Moderator
This is one of the most absurd things I’ve heard in the last 12 hours.
Well, at least YOU'RE having a good day. :)

The only possible other consideration I can think of is that you have something in your Quality System that says this.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
In the past we received an corrective action for not having employee completed training on their review. We had records of training, but the auditors stated that it was part of establishing goals and discussing what training they completed and setting goals going forward. I do not see that as a requirement in the standard, as long as we have a records. Does that fall under a different part of the standard?
Where is any of that required? Do you have a specific non-conformance you can share?

Mikey324

Quite Involved in Discussions
There is no such requirement. The auditor is saying you don't have what they want to see, the way they want to see it. Maybe the auditor even thinks its a better way. None of that matters. The standard doesn't require it, no matter how bad the auditor wants it to.

Randy

Super Moderator
Is it stated in your training/competence program or in any of your other documents/procedures/instructions? If it is, then you've shot yourself and only you are to blame (you being the organization).

I've played this game 100 times or more..........."It's not in the standard!!!!" "Yep you're right, but it is based on what you said you'd do in your own documentation" BAM!

Better look before you leap on something like this.

Others take heed........There's more to auditing than just "the standard".

SeanN

Involved In Discussions
then you've shot yourself
Agreed. This is very likely the case, and I assume that this is an internal audit when the auditor check if you walk the talk. External auditors do not usually have time to look into/discuss such details and activities.

Randy

Super Moderator
Agreed. This is very likely the case, and I assume that this is an internal audit when the auditor check if you walk the talk. External auditors do not usually have time to look into/discuss such details and activities.
Wanna bet?

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Is it stated in your training/competence program or in any of your other documents/procedures/instructions? If it is, then you've shot yourself and only you are to blame (you being the organization).

I've played this game 100 times or more..........."It's not in the standard!!!!" "Yep you're right, but it is based on what you said you'd do in your own documentation" BAM!

Better look before you leap on something like this.

Others take heed........There's more to auditing than just "the standard".
So what? Can always just “fix the glitch.” Compliance to the standard is what is important. Like Sean said, not a whole lot of time to deal with such minutia.

Top Bottom