Transition-Support.com's Website - TS 16949 Information

P

pdboilermaker

Bwoods:
There are also companies on this great forum that are registered to this technical spec. If you have specific questions perhaps someone from thes companies could help

General Seating of America
ISO/TS 16949
ISO 14001
Registered company

B

BWoods

Originally posted by pdboilermaker:
Bwoods:
There are also companies on this great forum that are registered to this technical spec. If you have specific questions perhaps someone from thes companies could help
Registered company

Thanks for the offer.

Just always on the lookout to learn more. So do searches from time to time on the internet. Came across that site and wanted to share it with you good people. I already know what a great forum this is. That is why I made sure to post that URL for you all.

Talk with you later.

Bill

I

isodog

Why on earth would anyone want to convert a QS-9000 system to ISO 16949? It's is more work, doesn't appear to be value added, And has considerable added costs. I'm not trying to be cute, I just don't understand.
Is this demand coming from customers?

Dave

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Originally posted by isodog:
Why on earth would anyone want to convert a QS-9000 system to ISO 16949?
Because pretty soon there will be no QS-9000.

I

isodog

Then WAIT! Money spent tomprrow costs you less than money spent today. I see NO added value!

Dave

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Originally posted by isodog:
Then WAIT! Money spent tomprrow costs you less than money spent today. I see NO added value!
Unfortunately, like a disease, waiting often costs much, much more. A planned, incremental transition shouldn't cost you any significant money. If a company needs a consultant for the transition it's only because they don't have the appropriate expertise in-house. Any company which doesn't have the in-house expertise deserves to pay a consultant - they're on the cheap anyway.

Take a brief read through Elsmar.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000307.html When folks write things like "...Yes Richard did work with our group and he was a God send, we couldn't have gotten registered without his guidance. He helped set up a system, and generate an attitude in the organization that truly bought into the benefits of a fully implemented Quality Management System. You consultants provide such a valuable service that is all too often unrecognized as being necessary by the management teams of most companies I've had experience with...." By the way, Rich was one of the folks I brought into Motorola's Phoenix registration project.

A good consultant can save a company significantly - in time and money, both in the short term and in the long term. Companies might not like paying us, but they do have the option of hiring personnel full time who are qualified to do the work they pay us to do.

Remember, we're not making the rules. We don't require you to do ISO or whatever. A company chooses to do so and it is their option whether to accomplish their goal with internal personnel or with consultants.

You say: "...Then WAIT!..." By all means. wait until the last minute. Nothing like reactionary, last minute firefighting as opposed to an orderly, timely transition. That's always the cheapest way, right?

You say: "... I see NO added value!..." If you plan to be supplying the automotive industry 3 to 5 years from now you will not have a choice whether it's 'value added' or not. For many companies right now QS and ISO are not value added - except in so far as sales goes. No QS - no sales to GM, Ford or Chrysler. Harley didn't do the ISO dance because they wanted to or because it is to them value added - Germany and several other european countries threatened to stop imports. Harley had no choice - it was related to sales, not any additional value to their company. They may say otherwise - but I know the facts. I was there.

Top Bottom