Transport of fuel primed fuel pump, rail lines/ hoses - Legal?

K

kums61

Hi folks!
I am new to this forum and this is my first posting.
I have a new situation form one of Indian Automobile customer.
We are requested to supply Fuel injection parts like the fuel pump, Fuel rail fixed with hoses and primed with Gasoline.
My doubt is that is such a supply request legal. Aren't we liable to social concerns during transport not to transport fuel laded and pressurised hoses connecting the Fuel rail and the fuel pump?

Do any our colleagues faced a similar problem? please guide.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

Dave Dunn

kums61 said:
Hi folks!
I am new to this forum and this is my first posting.
I have a new situation form one of Indian Automobile customer.
We are requested to supply Fuel injection parts like the fuel pump, Fuel rail fixed with hoses and primed with Gasoline.
My doubt is that is such a supply request legal. Aren't we liable to social concerns during transport not to transport fuel laded and pressurised hoses connecting the Fuel rail and the fuel pump?

Do any our colleagues faced a similar problem? please guide.
Aside from any legality problem, I'd think that without a stabilizer, if the parts are stored for any significant period of time the gas in these parts would degrade over time and clog the injector system.

K

kums61

Dear Marc,
The transport in within India

I am also eager to know if there were any sitiuations for a automobile parts supplier to have accepted and processed such a request from his customer.

Dear Dave Dunn,
Thanks for your technical analysis. This is a very pertinent thought that the petrol would vapourize and might clog the injector!

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I asked location to help clarify the focus of the question hoping someone in India with experience will read this and have an answer. I don't have an answer.

I have never been involved in fuel assemblies, but I would be very surprised if it is lawful for assemblies to be shipped with gasoline in them.

However, I'm thinking the US and again - I have no experience to know.

D

Dave Dunn

kums61 said:
Dear Marc,
The transport in within India

I am also eager to know if there were any sitiuations for a automobile parts supplier to have accepted and processed such a request from his customer.

Dear Dave Dunn,
Thanks for your technical analysis. This is a very pertinent thought that the petrol would vapourize and might clog the injector!
My personal experience with this is the need to prepare my motorcycle for winter storage :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K How to verify the Storage and Transport environmental condition for Medical Device Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 3
B Total Productive Maintenance - Company Transport IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
W Transport validation to different climate zones ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
J Standard for Packing and Transport of Sterilized Medical Devices Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
M Transport Canada - EASA Part 145 (Bilateral) EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 0
R Temperature Profile for Transport Simulation (Sterile Eye Drops) Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
I Meeting AS9100, FAA, Transport Canada, EASA Training Requirements - Vent/Rant Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
R Microbiology Testing Outsourcing - Transport Qualification and Risk Assesssment Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
I Auditing Transport Service Companies Service Industry Specific Topics 5
D How is transport of Dangerous Goods (limited quantity) regulated for Bulk Transport? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 9
R Test House Transport and Storage Conditions Verified IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
D Change in Medical Device Shipping Box - Transport Test Required? Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
A Example of Design (Clause 7.3) for Organizations providing Transport Service ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Ronen E 510(k) Exemption: Powered Patient Transport / Wheelchair Elevator (Stairlifts) Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
M Transport Vehicle Thermal Regulation - How would you interpret this requirement? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
F Failure Modes for Public Transport Vehicle Door Assembly - Your inputs please! FMEA and Control Plans 27
L Do I need to use an EASA Part 21 approval, to upload software on a Transport Category EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 2
Marc Cargo Transport by Cable World News 0
M Re: Value Stream Mapping (VSM) - Logistics / Transport Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
U CE-marked products transport to Non EU countries... ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S Safety Procedure for Transport of Heavy Equipment Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
B Radical attempt to increase usage of public transport in Newport, South Wales Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
R KBA - Federal Motor Transport Authority of Dresden Registrars and Notified Bodies 6
R AIAG B16 Global Transport Label Standard - Bar Code Marking and Identification Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
D Confused over product=service=transport Service Industry Specific Topics 2
G Process Control 4.9 for Liquid Cargo Transport ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
S Supplier Evaluation - Evaluating transport suppliers and equipment suppliers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
Marc Fuel tank issue (FOD) hits Boeing’s 737 MAX - Feb 2020 World News 16
Randy Is TS 16949 applicable for "Fuel" manufacturing or blending? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
L How can Magnetism Improve Fuel Economy Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 31
6 Fuel Testing Laboratory Test Equipment - Methods and Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
Marc Blocked Fuel Line Botched Military Satellite Orbit Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 0
T Uncertainty Measurement on Kinematic Viscosity of Fuel Oil General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
B NDT (Dye Penetrant Test) Requirement for Frame 5 Fuel Nozzle AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
Marc Enraged Customers fuel a disturbing trend Customer and Company Specific Requirements 9
B Inspection Tools for Flatness and Channel Depth of Bipolar Fuel Cell Plates Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
U New fuel injection system - Nissan Dual Injector System World News 1
bobdoering Fuel price cuts, economy crimp Honda World News 0
N Fuel Prices Linked to the Oil Market World News 5
N Fuel Prices Link To The Oil Market - The Oil Tree World News 4
Jim Wynne NASA's competence in question again - Crack found in external fuel tank foam Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 6
Marc Ford recalling 123,000 vehicles - Straps that secure the fuel tank may break World News 6
Marc Micro direct methanol fuel cell system for IBM ThinkPad notebooks After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
S Environmental Management Program - Reducing electric and fuel use, waste management Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 25
S Anyone have a Chemical Laboratory Accredited to 17025? Raw materials used as fuel ISO 17025 related Discussions 2