Transport Vehicle Thermal Regulation - How would you interpret this requirement?

M

mguilbert

I have a quick questions of fellow auditors on the interpretation of the following statement. "The transport vehicle is equiped with thermal regulatory capabilities for temperature (32 -34 degrees C or 93.2 - 89.6 degrees F and humidity of at least 40-45%)". My interpretation is that it must be "capable" to run at these parameters. To me this does not mean must be run at these temperatures. How do others feel?

Thanks and enjoy the New Year,

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: How would you interpret this requirement?

I have a quick questions of fellow auditors on the interpretation of the following statement. "The transport vehicle is equiped with thermal regulatory capabilities for temperature (32 -34 degrees C or 93.2 - 89.6 degrees F and humidity of at least 40-45%)". My interpretation is that it must be "capable" to run at these parameters. To me this does not mean must be run at these temperatures. How do others feel?

Why list capabilities if it is not required?

Stijloor.

M

MIREGMGR

I agree with Stijloor. The specification doesn't make sense unless the intent was that it would be applied.

The wording of course is clumsy, but that's not a sufficient reason to ignore the intent.

M

mguilbert

This comes from a standard that they may not have been able to get agreement on. These temperatures are for transporting day old chicks. These "high" (in our Vets opinion) temperatures will increase panting, dehydration, weight loss, icrease noise level ,and generally make the chicks uncomfortable. By using the term "capabilities" they make some happy but not a real requirement. The statement preceding this one states "Noise levels from all sources are minimized during loading, inloading, and transport" with no real requirement (db level). BTW this is from an Voluntary Animal Welfare standard. Maybe I am just reading it literally and am missing the intent. But it could have easily read chicks must be transported at X temperature range.

I do agree this part of the standard is poorly written.

Thanks again for your input,

Last edited by a moderator:

v9991

Trusted Information Resource

what i understand is that,
a) its desirable/recommended (but not mandatory) to maintain the said T & RH.
b), since its a desirable conditions, you must have transport vehicle which ought to comply/be-capable of maintaining the said T&RH conditions;

Hence, from audit perspective, we ought to verify the ocmpliance of vehicles for their capability; and methods of monitoring...this is required to have a track/review for any investigations...
Now, the point is, at what T&RH does the product is adversely affected; how frequently does it go...waht are the chances...is there any back up mechanism to take care of it...etc., these details will determine the criticality of observatio.. (basically impact analysis & risk assessment!!!)

hope that helps.

harry

Super Moderator
............... "The transport vehicle is equiped with thermal regulatory capabilities for temperature (32 -34 degrees C or 93.2 - 89.6 degrees F and humidity of at least 40-45%)". .....................
As a guide, these temperatures look right for our tropical environment (room temperature of about 32C on a normal day).

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Asking our farmers, they transport some 16M day old chicks, we transport at some 24 C ambient temperature.
The chicks like humidity but this is not measured in our transport

Mikishots

Trusted Information Resource

My take is that the temperature and humidity levels must be within the specified parameters. Example: if the system is capable of running at these parameters, but you choose to run them at 15 °C and 15% humidity, the chicks will likely be harmed or die (in my own uninformed, non-farming opinion).

The wording is poor.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Failure Modes for Public Transport Vehicle Door Assembly - Your inputs please! FMEA and Control Plans 27
K How to verify the Storage and Transport environmental condition for Medical Device Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 3
B Total Productive Maintenance - Company Transport IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
W Transport validation to different climate zones ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
J Standard for Packing and Transport of Sterilized Medical Devices Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
M Transport Canada - EASA Part 145 (Bilateral) EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 0
R Temperature Profile for Transport Simulation (Sterile Eye Drops) Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
I Meeting AS9100, FAA, Transport Canada, EASA Training Requirements - Vent/Rant Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
R Microbiology Testing Outsourcing - Transport Qualification and Risk Assesssment Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
I Auditing Transport Service Companies Service Industry Specific Topics 5
D How is transport of Dangerous Goods (limited quantity) regulated for Bulk Transport? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 9
R Test House Transport and Storage Conditions Verified IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
D Change in Medical Device Shipping Box - Transport Test Required? Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
A Example of Design (Clause 7.3) for Organizations providing Transport Service ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Ronen E 510(k) Exemption: Powered Patient Transport / Wheelchair Elevator (Stairlifts) Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
L Do I need to use an EASA Part 21 approval, to upload software on a Transport Category EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 2
Marc Cargo Transport by Cable World News 0
M Re: Value Stream Mapping (VSM) - Logistics / Transport Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
U CE-marked products transport to Non EU countries... ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S Safety Procedure for Transport of Heavy Equipment Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
K Transport of fuel primed fuel pump, rail lines/ hoses - Legal? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
B Radical attempt to increase usage of public transport in Newport, South Wales Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
R KBA - Federal Motor Transport Authority of Dresden Registrars and Notified Bodies 6
R AIAG B16 Global Transport Label Standard - Bar Code Marking and Identification Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
D Confused over product=service=transport Service Industry Specific Topics 2
G Process Control 4.9 for Liquid Cargo Transport ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
S Supplier Evaluation - Evaluating transport suppliers and equipment suppliers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
S Test Specifications based on Vehicle Type Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 0
B Fire Extinguisher Requirements for a Warehouse Vehicle Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 2
B List of all Auto Parts in a Commercial Vehicle Manufacturing and Related Processes 11
P Understanding ISO 26262 Road Vehicle Functional Safety Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
G CE Mark for a device attached to a vehicle CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
R Military Land Vehicle Reliability with Only 1 vehicle & Only 1 Endurance Test Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 5
T DVP&R (Design Verification Plan and Report) for Vehicle Labels? APQP and PPAP 3
V Value Stream Mapping - Loan Processing for Vehicle Asset Financing (VAF) Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
M Delivery Routing VRP (Vehicle Routing Problem) Problem Service Industry Specific Topics 2
Chennaiite Vehicle and System DFMEA - Brainstorming to Draft Guidelines FMEA and Control Plans 3
Chennaiite DFMEA (Design FMEA) at Vehicle Level - Some inputs needed. FMEA and Control Plans 4
6 Quality Management Systems in Vehicle Maintenance Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
Chennaiite PFMEA (Process FMEA) for Vehicle Assembly wanted FMEA and Control Plans 4
N High Restrict Safety Parts Table of EV (Electric Vehicle) Parts Suppliers? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
Stijloor Toyota drags down new-vehicle quality average World News 9
N Seek Battery Pack (Lithium or Ni-MN) Production Flow Chart for Vehicle Application Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
A ISO/TS 16949 certified OEM vehicle plants in the US IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
6 Vehicle Accident Investigation Program - Integrated compliance audit Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 9
Manix ELV - Vehicle Scope (where do agricultural and construction type vehicles fit in?) RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
K MU for a Laboratory testing Vehicle Tow bars Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
L How to achieve Inspector Consistency? Specialty vehicle manufacturer Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
S Vehicle Manufacturer Requirements - ISO-Guide and SA8000 Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
Marc How GM Plans To Dominate The Electric Vehicle Market World News 9