Travel guidence requested - JFK - Providence, RI

Hello Elsmar friends,

Can some one guide me to make my travel plan to travel between JFK,NY to Providence,RI?I know there are flights but I want to save some dollars and searching for cheaper option of travel.My travel dates are 22nd August to Providence and 29th August to JFK.

Thanks in advance.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
T

tomvehoski

Will you have a car? It is only a 175 mile trip - around 3.5 hours. Amtrak train is probably an option too.

Hello Elsmar friends,

Can some one guide me to make my travel plan to travel between JFK,NY to Providence,RI?I know there are flights but I want to save some dollars and searching for cheaper option of travel.My travel dates are 22nd August to Providence and 29th August to JFK.

Thanks in advance.
If you are comfortable driving, I'd recommend taking the trip along Long Island, from JFK to the tip and get the ferry across to Connecticut https://www.longislandferry.com/default.aspx

It's a pleasant way to spend time at that time of year... Not expensive and quite a relaxing trip. The drive from Connecticut to RI is easy too.

Hello Friends,
I am from India and we drive on the left side of the road.Though I have driven cars on US roads,I am not confident to drive alone on your highways,that too after a long flight of 16 hours.
It would be great help if you can help me to understand the manageable way to reach this address-The Crowne Plaza
801 Greenwich Avenue, Warwick, RI 02886
from JFK by avoiding sophisticated systems of ticketing and trails.

T

tomvehoski

There are no non-stop flights I can see between JFK and Providence (PVD). You would have to connect somewhere, which after a 16 hour flight would not be fun either.

Looks like you can route by bus to Penn Station then Amtrak to PVD, but that is also over five hours.

Personally I would look at changing my flight to enter the US in a city that has direct service to PVD. That looks like US Air via Philadelphia, Charlotte or Washington. United via Washington or Chicago. Delta via Atlanta or Detroit. Continental via Newark. http://www.pvdairport.com/

You don't mention where you are starting, so it is tough to know the best routing.

I agree, a better flight might be into Chicago and change for Providence, for example. There are shuttle services but they will be long duration to add to the flight, if you must fly into JFK. If you must, then maybe a stay in a local hotel would be a break before moving on, by road, to RI.

Just a thought.

I changed my plan of saving dollars and opted for a direct landing to Providence.
Thanks to my friends.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Managing overseas travel risks to food handlers Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 3
M Does ISO 10993 Apply to Packaging? (e.g. Travel Case) Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
J Travel in Asia - 2016 - 2017 Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 3
L Travel - Route Finder Map HD app After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
Hershal Travel! Where have you been of late? What did you see? What do you think? Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 15
arios Business Travel - What do you do "after work" while traveling on business? Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 28
G ISO 9001 Implementation in a Travel Agency ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
Marc Has the 2009 Swine Influenza (Flu) changed your travel plans? Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 22
Stijloor The Golden Age of Travel Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 29
D Managing Hotel Services and Selling Travel Tickets - Excluded ISO 9001 Clauses ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
D Key performance Indicator - Travel @ Tourism ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
D An important travel tip Imported Legacy Blogs 4
Marc Why Do You Travel for a Living? Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 20
Marc Size of Portable Computer Screen for Travel and Why? Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 19
N Personal Business Software to Track Expenses - I.e. Travel and Business Expenses Career and Occupation Discussions 10
Randy I Hate Winter Travel Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 21
P Question about High School Student Travel Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
Marc When you Travel, While you Surf the Web, Who's Surfing You? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
Marc First-Quarter 2006 Air Travel Price Index (ATPI) Up 10.3 Percent from Q1 2005 Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 0
F Travel Expenses for Assessors - Registrar states we pay "reasonable travel expenses" Registrars and Notified Bodies 27
D How are service processes monitored? Travel, Tourism & Hotels Services Service Industry Specific Topics 13
D ISO 9001:2000 in Hotels Travel & Tourism ‎Fields ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
Marc Hotels and Flights - Do you use a travel agent or do you book online? Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 11
R Travel to China - What should I know? How should I prepare? Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 39
H Flow chart to show the various paths a job can travel - Seeking Advice Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
J Requested Validation plan and reports Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
Judy Abbott Activation of complement at 90 min - BSI requested for justifications to support the biocompatibility of the device EU Medical Device Regulations 2
D Document review on already approved registrations requested by China's NMPA? China Medical Device Regulations 3
N Technical File Reviewer has requested more testing to ISO 10993 Other Medical Device Related Standards 10
lilybef FDA and Biocompatability Testing - Reviewer has requested implantation testing Other Medical Device Related Standards 11
dubrizo IATF 16949 Clause 8.7.1.6 - Customer Notification - Your Inputs Requested IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
dubrizo Clarification Requested in 6.2.2 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
C Suggestions requested on handling batch record papers exposed to hormonal products Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
M Auditor has requested that the granite table in the lab be Calibrated Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 19
M Reducing Cost of Poor Quality - Your opinion requested Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 14
smryan Quality Manual - feedback requested ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Manix Supplier Control and Development Presentation for a Job Interview - Input Requested Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
S No Calibration Due Date on a Calibration Certificate unless requested by a customer? Calibration Frequency (Interval) 9
S Customer Complaints - Categorization help requested Customer Complaints 2
P Salary Increment (Opinions Requested) Career and Occupation Discussions 1
L Process Flow Chart for manufacturing of Light Switch requested Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
P Information on FDA approval for Indian Pharma companies requested Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 3
W QOS (Quality of Service) Charts examples requested. Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 7
Chennaiite Controlled vs. Uncontrolled Document - Clarification requested IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
S Information on Starrett Galileo Vision Measurment System model AV300 requested Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 2
X FDA Approval Process - Simple Explanation requested US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
J Charged for an AS9102 FAI Report when requested as part of a Purchase Order? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 23
F First Pass Yield Helped Requested Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
E Gage R&R - UCLx - Clarification requested Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
Sidney Vianna Public Comments Requested on ISO Standard Addressing Six Sigma - ISO 13053 Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 9