Tribute to Marc Smith

Crusader

Trusted Information Resource
Well I’m stunned. And in shock. I just can’t believe this sad news. I found The Elsmar Cove back in Oct 2002. Looking for assistance. Like-minded people in Quality. Anyway, this place saved me, helped me, and Marc was a true gentleman and always ready to help anyone in need. Sincerest condolences to his family.
Damn. Damn. Damn. :cry:

Scott Catron

True Artisan
Super Moderator
Just heard the news. This place has a wealth of information and contributors willing to help and guide, and that was because of Marc and his motto of "people helping people." He was always willing to try something new (remember the wiki?). He will be missed. Condolences to his family and friends.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
It is with sadness that we share the news that Marc Smith, founder of The Elsmar Cove, passed away on July 15, 2022.
Today marks the first anniversary of Marc’s passing. Good to know that his legacy carries on, every day, and gets stronger with the incredible amount of collective knowledge amassed at this site, the premier resource for management system professionals available online.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Today marks the first anniversary of Marc’s passing. Good to know that his legacy carries on, every day, and gets stronger with the incredible amount of collective knowledge amassed at this site, the premier resource for management system professionals available online.
I am eternally grateful for Marc's hard work and welcome oh so many years ago, and to be a part of this terrific group. Marc, we got this. :thanks:

Randy

Super Moderator
There's a few of us that got to know Marc personally, I met up with him a couple times in Ohio and visited in his home. Then there were the 2 times I had him sitting in front of me when I had my "instructor face" on teaching ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 Lead courses (he passed both). He of course got miffed at me a few times over the years, but there were still the Christmas presents and greetings.

Top Bottom