Tried to change the "Show topics from the last xx days" but it doesn't work

CarolX

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
what am i doing wrong?

Hello Marc,

On numerous occasions I have tried to change the "Show topics from the last xx days". I go to preferences and change it to what I want, click on the "save preferences" button, but the system always reverts back to "60" days. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
CarolX

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Probably a 'cookie' thing. This is the first I have heard of this problem. If anyone else rading this has the same problem, let me know. In the mean time I'll take a looksie tonight and see if I can reproduce it.

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I just tried with my Mac and with my PeeCee. Both changed right after I changed the 'preferences'. I tried changing them to "100 days" and then to "75 days" and then to "Last Year". Each time they changed.

Try this: In the 'preferences' you will see a sentence (on my browser it is in RED) which reads:

"Click here to delete all cookies set by this forum!"

BEFORE YOU DO THIS MAKE SURE YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOUR USER NAME AND PASSWORD IS!!! And remember --> They are cAsE SenSITivE

Go ahead and click where it says "Click here to delete all cookies set by this forum!"

Then try setting your preferences again.

NOTE THAT THE NEXT TIME YOU WANT TO START A NEW TOPIC or RESPOND TO A TOPIC you *WILL* be asked for your user name and password. From there on it should remember them (through your cookie) for a year.

If this doesn't work, let me know and we'll go from there.

CarolX

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Hello again Marc,

Still having the problem, but don't waste any time on it unless others have the sam issue.

Don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I clear my temp & history files daily....cookies..about once a week, but I leave those in that I know I need for this site and others.

Thanks,
CarolX

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bobdoering Thanks to those that tried to fill the void Covegratulations 2
Jim Wynne Have you tried Microsoft Windows 8? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 25
A Has anyone tried a DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
Wes Bucey "Hire Insider" from Career Builder - have you tried it? Career and Occupation Discussions 2
Wes Bucey Pico projectors - tried 'em yet? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 7
howste WIFI onboard an aircraft - Have you tried it? Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 21
ScottK Has anyone tried "The Ladders" and their free "resume review"? Career and Occupation Discussions 4
ScottK Has anyone tried Homeplug (or Powerline) networking ? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 8
Jen Kirley Have you tried recording vinyl to MP3s and or CDs? Turntable with USB port? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 22
Govind Have you tried out ?discussion? format in your organization? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 11
Marc GM tried to mask its billion-dollar third-quarter loss with bright news World News 15
Q Windows vs. Linux - Just wondering if any Covers use or have tried Linux After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 6
G OpenOffice 1.1 - Is anyone using it or tried it? Sun Systems is installing it Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 28
Claes Gefvenberg E-learning take 2... Is anyone currently, or in the past, tried E-Learning? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 21
P Process Audit template which has been tried and tested Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 48
F Change to Formulation due to Reach (China Medical Device Regulations) China Medical Device Regulations 0
E Change in control plan - Do I have to do sampling? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S Forced ServiceNow validation - No change in our current user and functional requirements IT (Information Technology) Service Management 6
M Address change for a company with CE/ISO13485 EU Medical Device Regulations 2
G Need to change KPI we called NC parts (maximum 3%.) to FTQ (first time quality) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
J FDA notification of address change US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
D Class 3 Device - Change of supplier of material Canada Medical Device Regulations 6
D List A IVD - Change to material supplier EU Medical Device Regulations 3
R Change Management vs Opportunity for Improvement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Is There a Revision History or Change Log for Canadian Regulations? Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
C Brazil - Product Code (and brand) Change Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
S Requirement to Conduct New Shelf-life Testing? (re-do testing for design change) EU Medical Device Regulations 3
dgrainger Informational EU medical device website change from 'Growth' to 'Health and Food Safety' (6/2020) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J Sub-supplier change from manual to automated process - same specs - Report to FDA? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
S Special 510(K) - Labeling change from Rx to OTC Other US Medical Device Regulations 11
A Document Change Notice vs complete System re-write Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
S MDR Delay - MDD design Change? (before new MDR DOA) EU Medical Device Regulations 8
Jane's Like-for-like critical raw material change qualification - type of testing/ number of lots required ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
R Change Notification - Registrar vs Notified body ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Marc Insects and Climate Change - 2020 World News 0
A UDI and Design Controls - Labeling change via the Design Control process 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
Q Company Ownership Change ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
Q Legal Manufacturing Address Change – multiple registrations at same address 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
I Is highlighting on a printed document considered a change? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
N China - Start manufacturing before change approval? China Medical Device Regulations 1
L 510K - Trade Name Change 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
D Change Control - Product Name Change and its associated labeling EU Medical Device Regulations 7
K Is a change that fixes a recalled device significant? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
L Significant change notice for outsourced warehouse Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
U Change Management vs Change Control? Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
H New 510K VS Documents about design change. Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
P Change on Medical Device Classifications - Dental Crowns Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
D Are medical device companies required to document every change made to their website? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
Ed Panek Relevant questions on Substantial Change Form CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
K Reporting a Change of Contract Manufacturer for a 510(k) cleared device Other US Medical Device Regulations 5