Truck Industry Part Submission Warrant

D

Drew H

Question: the North American Truck Industry Part Submission Warrant has a box in the Requested Submission Level section. The box has numbers 1 through 19, with number 1 already circled. There is no explanation that I can see as to the purpose of this box. Am I correct in assuming it indicates the current PPAP submission number for that particular part (i.e. first submission, circle number 1; second submission for the same part, perhaps due to a process change, circle number 2; third submission for the same part, perhaps due to an ECO, circle number 3; etc.)? Or is it for something entirely different?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I haven't seen a North American Truck Industry Part Submission Warrant so I can't help. What's in the box?

Laura, have you done trucks? Any info?

A

antje_roessle

Are the numbers 1 - 19 standing after the Level 4?

Then I know the answer:
It gives maximum 19 documents which could be send to the customer for approval. If you indicate the Level 4 as submission level, you can definate by yourself what documents, results, master, you will send to your customer for the PPAP. Number one is circled because the Part Submission Warrant itselve is the document number one which you always send to your customer if you fill out this paper. If you read the PPAP, 3rd edition, you will find a definition of all documents, results and masters. On page 16 you will find a table of the submission levels and there you find the documents, results, masters named and numbered from 1 to 19.

I hope this gives you a bit of help.

Greetings

Antje

L

Laura M

Nope - haven't done trucks,
but agree with the interpretation - that the warrant is always required, and that the documents 1-19 listed on page 16 - as determined by the customer. Makes sense to me. I would start with the customer - they ought to help.

Then let us know :)

D

Drew H

Truth is - the customer does not know the answer either. However, the numbers are beside the Level 4 indicator. It probably makes some sense that it refers back to Table I.4.1, although it might make more sense if number 13 was circled instead of number 1 (i.e. number 13 is the PSW, while number 1 is Design Records in the Table).

P

Paul Mc

Yes Drew I totally agree with your last comment.
I've also taken this concept a little further and created a PPAP Matrix ie the 1-19 requirements by Product type as in liasion with our suppliers we can see that not all requirenments fall into the "traditional" level 1-5 requirements.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Stijloor IMDS - Is a Truck Industry Parts Supplier required to register? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 2
K PPAP for Truck Industry - What is involved with a Level 3 PPAP APQP and PPAP 2
Marc Ford is introducing an Aluminum F-150 Pick 'em Up Truck World News 1
M OSHA Requirements for Fork Truck Training Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 12
Q Standards or Specifications required for Garbage Truck Compressors Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
J Which chapter in Quality Manual will best fit this form (truck reservation)? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
Stijloor Ford has 2 finalists for car, truck of the year. World News 3
T Shipping / Receiving Forklift Truck Work Instruction Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
S Heavy Truck 4th Edition PPAP forms needed APQP and PPAP 1
S Engine Control System - Severity of an engine failure ('dies') in a truck or bus FMEA and Control Plans 17
D SUV, truck owners get a big tax break - Revisited Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
D Heavy Truck QMS Requirements Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
Marc ISO 14001 in Transportation (Truck) - Small to Medium Transportation Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 36
P Shipping by our own truck as part of an FMEA - Where FMEAs should end FMEA and Control Plans 6
M ISO 9001 Truck Transportation Position (Job) Description Career and Occupation Discussions 1
M Third Edition PPAP for Truck OEM APQP and PPAP 3
E Non-GMP examples in Pharmaceutical industry Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
DuncanGibbons Are the IQ OQ & PQ procedures applicable to the aerospace industry? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 6
N Program or application for standard time measurement in industry from video surveillance? Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 1
Marc Security in Health Industry Software - February 2020 IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 0
A Complaint alert levels - Industry standards pertaining to alert levels for complaints Customer Complaints 5
S Industry Labelling Standards - non medical Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
C Looking for APQP Training recommendations preferably in the aerospace industry APQP and PPAP 2
R Bill of Materials for a complex product - Industry best practice ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
C ISO 9001:2015 Monitoring and measuring resources. Application a service industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
R Risk Management in the Medical Device Industry ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 4
E Translating from Automotive to Medical Device industry - [email protected] Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
R Explain what "design change" is to people new to the industry ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
A Information on good laboratory practices (GLP) for the non-medical or food industry wanted Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
E Choosing an ISO 9001 registrar with auditors familiar with our industry Registrars and Notified Bodies 10
M Informational TGA – Medical device cyber security guidance for industry Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
kmrcial Any advice for a young quality professional in the aerospace industry? Career and Occupation Discussions 10
M Informational Medtech Europe presentation – – Industry Perspective on the Implementation Status of the MDR/IVDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
G Anyone working with or planning to do business in the CBD (cannabidiol) industry? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
R The alignments and contradiction in Quality Engineering and management between the Automotive and Aerospace industry AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 0
J Quality control in wood processing industry Service Industry Specific Topics 3
M Informational FDA Invites You to the 2019 Regulatory Education for Industry (REdI) Annual Conference Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
S CB accredited by non-aligned AB - industry views? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
A Certification procedure for OEM/PLM collaboration in the medical device industry in the US - Who bears the regulatory responsability? Other US Medical Device Regulations 10
M CE/FCC/Industry Canada - Standards required for Certification for a Bluetooth Device CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
M Informational USFDA draft guidance – A Risk-Based Approach to Monitoring of Clinical Investigations Questions and Answers Guidance for Industry Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Ed Panek Website to ask FDA for guidance in Medical Device Industry? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
S IMDS=REACH for automotive industry? REACH and RoHS Conversations 2
M FDA News USFDA draft guidance – Principles of Premarket Pathways for Combination Products; Draft Guidance for Industry; Availability Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Sidney Vianna Informational TIA (Telecommunications Industry Association) and QuEST Forum Announce Merger TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 0
M Medical Device News DHS – Health Industry Cybersecurity Practices: Managing Threats and Protecting Patients Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Medical Device News FDA News - 13-09-18 - FDA works w/ tech industry to promote digital health innovation Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
T Value Chain Map for Food Services Industry Service Industry Specific Topics 1
BradM Where knowledge and industry meet... Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 10
O QRQC (quick response quality control) methodology in automotive industry IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3