True Position / GD&T - I'm staring at this drawing and I'm lost

M

metricinches021

Hi,

I'm in desperate need of help regarding true position. I included a picture that i drew to help (attached below).
I apologize for the lack of quality and i did my best with confidentiality restrictions. Ok, so here it goes, I was thrown into a project at work and I barely have any knowledge on true position. I'm staring at this drawing and I'm lost. I have two basic dimensions to use, but no hole diameter size, given that the holes are two threaded holes with helicoils. I'm just trying to figure out how to apply the true position formula to the drawing provided.

I have been trying to learn GD&T on my own and its difficult. Especially when I have questions and the people at work are not even sure. So please bare with me as I'm trying to understand this all. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• TP1.JPG
    TP1.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 782
J

JerryJ

I have taken your diagram and marked it up.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• True Pos.pdf
    105.6 KB · Views: 238
M

metricinches021

I am so grateful for your help and response.

I do have a few questions and concerns. In regards to the (M), I was not provided the hole size, only the thread size. So I’m not exactly sure what that means for the accuracy of the true positions.
As for the example: .016 TP, would I be applying that as my answer to the T.P. .025?
I have the 4 callouts of True Position:
1) T.P. .005 for the left hole, 2) T.P. .025 for the left hole, 3) T.P. .005 for the right hole, & 4) T.P. .025 for the right hole.
I really appreciate you breaking down my sketch. Thank you!

J

JerryJ

See attachment. Any questions let me know. I will send you a private message with my contact info.

Attachments

• TP Diagram.pdf
    119.8 KB · Views: 224
M

metricinches021

Thank you for the contact info. I can not private message on here, it says I have not posted enough times, so i emailed you direct.

:)

Top Bottom