True Position with 1 hole (Datum B) at the Radius Part

D

djtodd27

Sorry i cannot post a picture. I have a "U" shaped clip with "at opened end" a hole on each side with a +/-.002 tolerance. and 1 hole (datum B) at the radius part. The true posion is .005 MMC to datum B. There is no dimensions on this print or basics. What is the total allowed and how can I calculate this? I have never seen this kind of dimensioning in my life. Please help!!

Thank You
Todd

D

djtodd27

Re: True position with one datum

I can get dimensions if needed. This is a possible job that we may get and my boss needed to know what kind of tolerance we can get total. We didn't want a low volume job with very tight tolerance. We are a metal stamping facility also.

Thank You
Todd

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: True position with one datum

I can get dimensions if needed. This is a possible job that we may get and my boss needed to know what kind of tolerance we can get total. We didn't want a low volume job with very tight tolerance. We are a metal stamping facility also.

Thank You
Todd

Without a picture/sketch/drawing it will be guesswork on our part.

If you wish, you can email it to me and I can post it for you.

jan (at) janroovers (dot) com.

D

djtodd27

I just got a print (I guess that what they call it). Hopefully you can read it.

Thank You
Todd

Attachments

• Photo008.jpg
    Photo008.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 219
D

djtodd27

nothing that I see. There are many parts that these are change to and different dimensions for them. Most have a range or a +/- .005 tolerance

T

True Position

You may want to look for a note in the lower left or right since there's some ambiguity but from what I'd seeing datum -B- is your part center line. The 0.005 tolerance is your tolerance zone for the 'C' hole to that line.

Top Bottom