TS 16949 Clause 7.3.6.2 Prototype programme and control plan

Y

yundm

7.3.6.2 Prototype programme
When required by the customer, the organization shall have a prototype programme and control plan.

I am in China.
Yesterday, one TS16949 auditor tell us:
"This mean that organization shall do prototype programme and control plan unless organization can get customer's signature announcing they do not require organization to do such thing."

I am confuse.
If the explain is same as what this auditor say, the standard shall write as so:
"When allowed by the customer, the organization should have no prototype programme and control plan."

How do you consider this?

Marc

Retired Old Goat
Staff member
Admin
"...organization shall do prototype programme and control plan unless organization can get customer's signature announcing they do not require organization to do such thing."

The above says you have to do it unless your customer does not require it and gives you a written waiver as 'proof'.

"When allowed by the customer, the organization should have no prototype programme and control plan."

The above says the same thing - But the word 'should' is not appropriate. You would say something like:

"When agreed to by the customer in writing, the organization does not have to have a prototype programme and control plan."

This is a language translation issue.

Y

yundm

"When required by the customer, the organization shall have a prototype programme and control plan."

Above is the original text in TS16949.

What is meaning?
Can I omit the prototype programme and control plan without notifying customer if the customer don't request me beforehand.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Marc said:
No.

You can NOT omit the program without notifying the customer.

You HAVE to have a program UNLESS your customer says you do not.
Marc,
I do not agree with you.

the requirement is "When required by the customer, the organization shall have a prototype programme and control plan."

The customer needs to ask for it, the default is no programme