Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory

TS 16949 Clause 7.5.1.4 Preventive and Predictive Maintenance - Requirements Scope

morteza

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi all
I cannot understand the scope of clause 7.5.1.4 of ISO/TS 16949.
The topic of this clause is Preventive and predictive maintenance.
But the clause is started by identification of key process equipment:
The organization shall identify key process equipment and provide resources for machine/equipment maintenance and develop an effective planned total preventive maintenance system.
My question is that:
Do all requirements stated in this clause are applicable only to key process equipment or they refer also to non-key process equipment, i.e. the organization shall also provide resources for non- key machine/equipment maintenance and develop an effective planned total preventive maintenance system including non- key machine/equipment.
Thanks all

Re: 7.5.1.4 Preventive and predictive maintenance-requirements scope

Hi all
I cannot understand the scope of clause 7.5.1.4 of ISO/TS 16949.
The topic of this clause is Preventive and predictive maintenance.
But the clause is started by identification of key process equipment:
The organization shall identify key process equipment and provide resources for machine/equipment maintenance and develop an effective planned total preventive maintenance system.
My question is that:
Do all requirements stated in this clause are applicable only to key process equipment or they refer also to non-key process equipment, i.e. the organization shall also provide resources for non- key machine/equipment maintenance and develop an effective planned total preventive maintenance system including non- key machine/equipment.
Thanks all
In my understanding , there are two separates moments, first identify key process equipment and second the maintenance systems (for example planning) for equipment ( for all).
In my opinion, all the question is in "key". How did you define it? Do you have criteria for "key"? It could be "key" an unique equipment on the production line that could be a "bottleneck" in case of stoppage or breakdown, on the other hand you also could have "key" equipment and also have other equipment as released for that process.
Another interpretation could be also "key" the facilities equipment that support production in the plenum.
My suggestion is to make a good control plan based on risks (FMEA ) also take into account the risks associated with equipment, above all in the introduction of brand new ones.
Hope this helps:bigwave:

Last edited:

morteza

Quite Involved in Discussions

Hi all
Can someone tell me that what is the meaning of the word "total" in planned total preventive maintenance system.
Does total mean all equipment in manufacturing process (key and non-key equipment)?
thanks all

Hi all
Can someone tell me that what is the meaning of the word "total" in planned total preventive maintenance system.
Does total mean all equipment in manufacturing process (key and non-key equipment)?
thanks all
"Total"means that the approach of preventive approach maintenance is applied across all the processes of the organization.
Do not fix on the term but on the spirit, TPM stands also for total perfection management to extend the the sense of the methodology.:bigwave:

Top Bottom