TS 16949 Clause 8.2.2.3 - Product Audit Frequency

S

Sam

Valeri said:
The definitions appear in the "Exploring ISO/TS 16949:2002" an ActionLine Special Edition. If you are a member of AIAG, it's free - if not it's $50.00. They get you coming and going!

Here are the other 2 they defined: Quality System Audit - The intent of this audit is to determine whether the overall system is effective. The auditor ensures the organization is moving toward its goals and objectives and that customer satisfaction metrics are satisfied. Process Audit - The process audit performs a "deep dive" into how each process actually works. This audit verifies the process is being followed.

Feel free to contact me via e-mail for other items of interest in this publication.

It's difficult to keep up with the changes. There are even different definitions in their implementation document.
And speaking of changes; the guidance document has been revised. Check out the Errata sheet.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Sam said:
It's difficult to keep up with the changes. There are even different definitions in their implementation document.
And speaking of changes; the guidance document has been revised. Check out the Errata sheet.
Sam, are you talking about the errata for the QSA? That's the only one I can find on the AIAG website.

S

Sam

howste said:
Sam, are you talking about the errata for the QSA? That's the only one I can find on the AIAG website.

That's it. Also I was informed yesterday by our CB that even though it states "highly recommended", compliance to this document is a requirement passed down by the IAOB.

A

amr1234

8.2.2.3 Question

Do any of you have an audit schedule for product audits (8.2.2.3) as you would for process audits (8.2.2.2)? :argue: In a recent TS 16949 Registration audit at one of our plants, we were issued an minor nonconformance for not having an audit schedule for product audits. The 3rd party auditor stated an audit schedule was necessary for product audits like system and process audits as part of 8.2.2 :thanx:

S

SilverHawk

Internal Product Audit

I think Product Audit conducted rountinely by "regular" personnel comes under 8.2.4 whereas this Product Audit is placed under 8.2.2 (Internal Audit).

Obviously, it is to be carried out by "internal auditor" other than the routine QA audit.

Should not it be performed by someone who is competent to do so. Was it Ford that indicated that manufacturing process and product audit can be performed by personnel who are competent BUT not necessary having to attend the QMS Internal audit course......

The Taz!

Quite Involved in Discussions
Now let me throw a right hook your way. . .

The Layered Audit that DCX and GM are requiring that we have put together can satisfy this requirement. They are supplemental to other audits/inspections in nature, but performed each shift, weekly and monthly by 3 layers of personnel; 1) Operator, 2) Supervisor and 3) Production and Division Managers. Packing and Shipping included. As a part of the audits, we are verifying established process control parameters.

Corrections are implemented on the spot if anything is found, and a CAR issued for recurring systemic issues.

T

Teri - 2011

During our initial TS audit, all we did was change our final and inprocess inspections to read audits. This passed with no issues (oct. 03). However, we had our first surv. audit first week of May. This was raised as an OFI, because we were not meeting the intent of TS. Must be performed under the 8.2.2
1. Auditors shall not audit there own work.
2. Previous audit results shall be taking into consideration.

So on and so forth.
Currently working on a corrective action to improve our product audits to more fully meet the standard.

E

eallen

I would also like a copy of this form as well if anyone would be kind enough

Thanks

Esther

Top Bottom