TS 16949 Flag - Document Control Required?

J

jrpower

I ask our QA manager of 10 months why we are not putting flag up of our current 16949 accreditation and he told me then that becomes a controlled document .Also it cost money to purchase this flag .Are these true answers?

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
The flag is not a controlled document, but your QA Manager is correct in stating it would cost money.

AndyN

Moved On
I ask our QA manager of 10 months why we are not putting flag up of our current 16949 accreditation and he told me then that becomes a controlled document .Also it cost money to purchase this flag .Are these true answers?

Seriously? He thinks it's a "controlled document?":mg: Oh dear...

It's true that the IATF flag does cost, but isn't that outweighed by the marketing value, to let people know that the organization has achieved that certification (not accreditation, btw)

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Ask your manager to join The Cove Forums. :agree1:
This person is in need of serious enlightenment. :yes:

Stijloor.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
I suppose that if they wanted it to be a controlled document, they could make it one. It certainly doesn't have to be though. Perhaps it could have periodic calibration and maintenance as well?

Top Bottom